• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U POTD Thread 17: Smash 3DS Discussion @ OT PLS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, in that case, it happened literally within an hour of the first "Hey, I just picked up a copy from this store selling it early" Tweet. Someone had already unlocked Ness, too, so the faker even had a "CHALLENGER APPROACHING" screen to go off of.
I thought it was a POTD, not a CHALLENGER APPROACHING screen. BGBW worked pretty quickly.

I'm glad I missed those 2 as well. The only ones I'd had spoiled ahead of time were Mario Maker due to a leak, and Star Fox U/Projects Guard & Giant Robot, but thankfully, the former was minor and the latter wasn't focused on, so it wasn't a hype trailer of Fox getting in an Arwing and decimating Venom's army within minutes that got ruined, it was more a "Hey yo, check out the Treehouse where Miyamoto's playing a very early build of Star Fox U!"
I spoil myself with announcements. That's how I knew about NES Remix and Codename: S.T.E.A.M. before either were announced officially.
Maybe I should stop doing that.

You were late, so I had to sub for you, LOL.

It's okay, I like doing polls were we can have an answer to see who was right.

Mario's almost as bad, too!

I don't have a good picture anymore, but basically during Giant Melee/Brawl, give him a Super Mushroom and do his Super taunt. And, of course, there's Brawl never-patched Giga-lypuff Glitch.

It would be funny if you killed yourself doing that lol

Neiteio

Isle Delfino is a weird place, and it does weird things to people... and ethereal beings from the afterlife.

Anyone else notice how corrupt the justice system in Isle Delfino is? Mario gets arrested, tried, found guilty, and sentenced, all in a matter of days. He gets no lawyer, and any defense he may have provided was completely ignored. Even when the real perpetrator of the crimes was discovered, Mario is still forced to carry out the rest of his sentence.

Not to mention that the area is so hot that it can literally kill you.

Isle Delfino is not a place you want to go to.
I watched that video. Is that a glitch?

A.)
- theprodigy
- ffdgh

B.)
- PfantzyPantz
- Zubz
- Gonzo the Great
- Beelzebufo

C.)
- Jawmuncher

D.)

Remember, you can only choose a pack, not one from each category.

Kind of surprised there's not more for A. Maybe you guys are moving on from the past?

A.)
- theprodigy

B.)
- PfantzyPantz
- Zubz
- Gonzo the Great
- Beelzebufo

C.)
- Jawmuncher

D.)

Kind of surprised there's not more for A. Maybe you guys are moving on from the past?

I mean most people are picking just because it's got one character they really want (Ridley, K. Rool, Hades, Snake).

Pyrokai

Guys it's so simple.

MK8 is missing Diddy and a lot of others because they're going to be in Diddy Kong Racing 2, with Rusty and Mallo and Birdo and Dillon and Dixie.

Duh.

Zubz

Banned
A.)
- theprodigy

B.)
- PfantzyPantz
- Zubz
- Gonzo the Great
- Beelzebufo

C.)
- Jawmuncher

D.)

Hey, Lucas standalone'd be priority one for me against just 1 desirable newcomer, but the Villains Pack offers Ridley alongside K. Rool and Hades. Like, I don't even care about Fawful or Demise in this case, nor am I extrapolating the possibility of "True Ganondorf" meaning that the original Ganondorf moveset is given to Black Shadow in the process, which would make me forget all about Lucas. And although I want Ivysaur, Mewtwo, Wolf, and the Climbers back, too, again, Nintendo's 1st, 3rd, and 4th best villains and 1st, 4th, and 6th best overall characters (Bowser's #2 in both cases, with DK and Samus being added to the overall rankings). How can I resist having more Hades dialogue, playable Ridley, AND the return of K. Rool in the biggest way possible short of a K. Rool Country Trilogy.

Hey, Lucas standalone'd be priority one for me, but the Villains Pack offers Ridley alongside K. Rool and Hades. Like, I don't even care about Fawful or Demise in this case, nor am I extrapolating the possibility of "True Ganondorf" meaning that the original Ganondorf moveset is given to Black Shadow in the process, which would make me forget all about Lucas.

LOL, never knew Black Shadow meant so much to you.

"The past is in the past! Let it go!"
especially fitting for the Ice Climbers

Put me down for D. I don't really want to see any non-Ice Climbers veterans come back, and they've had their shot. Paper Mario is my #1 most wanted, and Anthony Higgs would be cool to see, if only to piss one of my friends off.

Zubz

Banned
LOL, never knew Black Shadow meant so much to you.

The Stamos might be hiding him in my avatar, but he's not even the F-Zero character that means the most to me. I'd be willing to throw out Isaac's chances of escaping AT Limbo if it means promoting Samurai Goroh to playable.

I'd take any F-Zero character at this point. Captain Falcon just comes across as being less and less of an F-Zero representative with each game. :/

Alright SmashGAF, If you had a choice of a DLC pack, what would it be?

A.) Returning DLC
- Pokemon Trainer
- Lucas
- Mewtwo
- Wolf
- Ice Climbers

B.) Villains DLC
- Hades
- Ridley (Super Metroid)
- King K. Rool
- True Ganondorf/ Demise
- Fawful

C.) Third-Partiers DLC
- Bomberman
- Simon Belmont
- Rayman
- Solid Snake
- Tails/ Shadow (Commemorating the Sonic series' second Smash appearance)

D.) Odd-Ones Out DLC
- Bandana Dee
- Charging Chuck
- Joey's Rattata
- Adeleine
- Anthony Higgs
- Paper Mario

A, but Pokémon Trainer wouldn't work in the new games. Would have to put Squirtle and Ivysaur separate.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
I kept a similar list as a word document, where I had images of each of the characters. I kind of ran out of ideas after I added Paper Mario, Tingle, Prince Fluff, and Little Mac.
I even added Shulk because I saw someone suggest him and thought "why not." Turned out to be right in the end - this was before Gemats2 and the voice actor tweets.

Do you also fight for them?

Doc, a clone Paper Mario would be a waste of potential.

Well, I don't think I will be around here by announcement of Smash 5. Heh, I don't know who I'm rooting for next gen Smash other than hoping that all unique characters would return. Also I probably would reuse left over characters from my list for next list and add nothing I guess. I might change my mind in the future.

Sometime, I don't care about Ridley because of outrages and fans being very vocal about him. I did avatar bet for Ridley just for my friends' sake. I think I made a mistake :p

A.)
- theprodigy
- ffdgh
- -Horizon-
- The12thGripper
- Ahnez
- Troubled Bat

B.)
- PfantzyPantz
- Zubz
- Gonzo the Great
- Beelzebufo
- KLatin Scelus

C.)
- Jawmuncher

D.)
- The Captain

Edit: Nevermind

I should have added Bubsy to C.

We already have two - Captain Falcon and Ganondorf.
It's funny because Captain Falcon's tokusatsu inspired moveset doesn't make sense for him considering how F-Zero is just heavy with western comic book themes, but eh.

Makes me wonder how much different Falcon would be if he was put in a later Smash game. I'd imagine he'd have futuristic weapons and such. You know, actual bounty hunting stuff?

It's funny because Captain Falcon's tokusatsu inspired moveset doesn't make sense for him considering how F-Zero is just heavy with western comic book themes, but eh.

Makes me wonder how much different Falcon would be if he was put in a later Smash game. I'd imagine he'd have futuristic weapons and such. You know, actual bounty hunting stuff?

no Falcon Punch, no knee?

do not want

Clefargle

Alright SmashGAF, If you had a choice of a DLC pack, what would it be?

A.) Returning DLC
- Pokemon Trainer
- Lucas
- Mewtwo
- Wolf
- Ice Climbers

B.) Villains DLC
- Hades
- Ridley (Super Metroid)
- King K. Rool
- True Ganondorf/ Demise
- Fawful

C.) Third-Partiers DLC
- Bomberman
- Simon Belmont
- Rayman
- Solid Snake
- Tails/ Shadow (Commemorating the Sonic series' second Smash appearance)

D.) Odd-Ones Out DLC
- Bandana Dee
- Charging Chuck
- Joey's Rattata
- Adeleine
- Anthony Higgs
- Paper Mario

You're essentially asking the classic Mewtwo vs Snake vs Ridley question . It's unanswerable.

Fine C

Fifth poll that I'm running:

When will character DLC for Super Smash Bros. be released?
A) Wii U version release
B) By the end of 2014
C) First half of 2015
D) Second half of 2015 and beyond
E) There won't be DLC

Poll ends when we get the announcement of the sixth Super Smash Bros.
Remember: no avatar bets are tied to this! Vote as you please!

Results:
A)
B)
C)
D)
E) The Captain

Links to previous polls:
-November 21 release date confirmation
-Character reveal date
-Next character reveal
-October 3's POTD

C....I guess
we really need to stop with these polls though

D.)
- The Captain

I should have added Bubsy to C.
Clearly I'm the only one with good taste. /s
Add Bubsy. And Master Chief.

Don't be silly - he'd never be in a Smash Bros. game if he wasn't in the original. The series is dead!

(joking, sort of)

Ryce

I don't think so -- the idea is that Falcon's moveset loosely emulates the "crash and burn" gameplay of F-Zero. The vehicles don't fire bullets, so it's unlikely that Sakurai would think to give Falcon projectiles.

where's MrSaturn99

OCkYSnp.gif

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
I'd sacrifice these two if it meant Blue Falcon can be a part of his moveset outside of being a final smash...somehow.

It would be completely weird to think about Cap Falcon getting new moveset. I don't think I want to see that yet since he's all about Knee of Justice, Falcon Punch and Falcon Stomp.

Golnei

I don't think so -- the idea is that Falcon's moveset loosely emulates the "crash and burn" gameplay of F-Zero. The vehicles don't fire bullets, so it's unlikely that Sakurai would think to give Falcon projectiles.

Though the Dragon King influence is still quite strong - I doubt he'd have any projectiles, but if he were a Melee newcomer with nothing to build from, he'd definitely be a different character.

Don't be silly - he'd never be in a Smash Bros. game if he wasn't in the original. The series is dead!

(joking, sort of)

I could still see him added to Melee, but if he didn't get included there, he'd probably be an assist trophy only.

I don't think so -- the idea is that Falcon's moveset loosely emulates the "crash and burn" gameplay of F-Zero.
I've played F-Zero for as long as I remember, and I definitely don't get that feel from him in Smash.

Not that I really mind, to be honest. I like his moveset, I just think he's...oddly disconnected from his series in Smash.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom