• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U POTD Thread 17: Smash 3DS Discussion @ OT PLS

Status
Not open for further replies.
image.php

Stop squinting and get a pair of glasses too Ike.

The one on the right in your avatar almost looks like Inigo, maybe it's just me...

I really hope that we get a Smash game in the future that has all of the stages ever smashed on (apart from PM's for obvious reasons). It doesn't look like SmashU will be that game, but I don't think the notion is that crazy

Jawmuncher

I really hope that we get a Smash game in the future that has all of the stages ever smashed on (apart from PM's for obvious reasons). It doesn't look like SmashU will be that game, but I don't think the notion is that crazy

All I need is New Pork City and the Fire Emblem level that's already been confirmed and i'm set for life.

Hatchtag

Banned

I would totally buy DLC packs that were just past stages. Especially if they re-did the visuals on the 64 stages (but please nothing else Sakurai).

There are what, 64 unique stages between 64/Melee/Brawl? (lmao it would be 64)

Golnei

I would totally buy DLC packs that were just past stages. Especially if they re-did the visuals on the 64 stages (but please nothing else Sakurai).

Hyrule Castle's tornado now covers the entire stage and comes out every 20 seconds. Every platform in Saffron City has its own Pokemon door. Metal Cavern's Giant Pink Gold Peach stage boss should liven up matches, as would Kongo Jungle's K. Rool and Zebes' Judge Ridley. Though my personal favourite is the reconceptualisation of Sector Z and Mushroom Kingdom as scrolling stages.

All I need is New Pork City and the Fire Emblem level that's already been confirmed and i'm set for life.

I miss Kongo Jungle and Poke Floats. Those long nights we would all spend together, the sweet nothings and memories we all shared... I need that back in my life =[

My wallet, shameless fanboy I am, is wide open, Nintendo. Just make this happen, and you can reach in there and take what you wish.

There are what, 64 unique stages between 64/Melee/Brawl? (lmao it would be 64)

That's actually not that many. Plus, the 64 is a sign =p

Caladrius

He'll revert to GAF Prince Consort.

Well, you're not wrong.

what would that look like for them?

For Rosalina I'm thinking this. My Ideal Samus color scheme would be this for the outer armor, this shade of light blue for the abdomen and this shade of Cobalt for the head + breastplate

Would a 'beta Phazon suit' palette be close enough?

Beta_Gravity_Suit.png

Not loving that shade of Blue-green for the upper torso armor but otherwise it's good.

KXDn6OK.gif

Just kidding but I'm curious why you really hate the idea of Duck Hunt Dog being playable in the game. I'm trying to remember but I couldn't.

I'd rather have the real Banjo and Kazooie playable

I never liked Duck Hunt much as a game or any of the nes zapper titles, would get bored before they ever got remotely challenging. All the games the dog references are games I don't particular care for and have no real nostalgia for due to not playing them much due to not enjoying them. I also dislike how boring he looks... I mean it's just a random dog with a random duck on his head.

He may be fun to play and have a very unique moveset, it's just when given the option of almost any other Nintendo character I'd take them over the Duck Hunt Dog.

Golnei

If by new you mean Metroid: Other M 3D then sure.

I wouldn't mind a rerelease - I mean, it was the first Metroid game released since 2004, the series needs a little more time to build momentum. And it would probably do better on handhelds, seeing as the series was confined to them from 1994 to 2004.

I for one think that should be Kirby's Default look.
So Cute. Excuse me I meant to say kawaii

That's cute, but nothing can dethrone Fridge Kirby.

Hatchtag

Banned
I hope Smash 5/6 will continue to have small villager. I think that design looks much better in Smash than the taller villager would.

Golnei

I hope Smash 5/6 will continue to have small villager. I think that design looks much better in Smash than the taller villager would.

I think the current villager will remain as the default, but we'll probably get a more recent design as an alt, with the proportions unchanged.

So Nintendo has used that Villager design two times already. Why couldn't Sakurai chose that one instead of the one we have in Smash :/

I've noticed that Smash often uses outdated models for characters. Just look at Yoshi all the way up until Brawl. And freaking Donkey Kong. Not digging the Smash Villager model either. The old design looks like a munchkin in comparison to the New Leaf one.

So Nintendo has used that Villager design two times already. Why couldn't Sakurai chose that one instead of the one we have in Smash :/
I'm not complaining, the new one has an awful shirt and the worst hair (isn't that hair a punishment for not playing enough?). Hopefully we get the Smash one in MK8.

Zubz

Banned
bfe5f695adb685f3ed4c0a47b3566df8.png

Wow, Bowser's looked more threatening when he was a freakin cat

I cut straight to this and thought I missed something major. Didn't think it was just a New 3DS commercial. Glad to see Samus is there, though, and not forgotten! I like how she's just looking at her self confusedly rather than immediate accepting the outfit change. And agreed about Bowser (Although Meowser's one of the best boss fights in recent history, no matter how easy he was)...

I can actually see some of these costumes being DLC between Smash and MK8, though

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom