• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U POTD Thread 17: Smash 3DS Discussion @ OT PLS

Status
Not open for further replies.
no he doesn't, this is a perfect example of how much of an echo chamber the online Smash community is
No, you have no idea what you're talking about haha. Costume DLC sells for other games, and as already pointed out, Amiibos are just as pointless and are already sold out in some places.

People buy new clothes for their Xbox avatars to wear for crying out loud haha. Saying "Insular Online Smash Community" over and over again doesn't win an argument for you.

But seriously, I can't tell if you're serious or not, because you're being ridiculous.

Veeboy

Zero Suit Samus gets a sensible one-piece, perfect for making sure that she can still move comfortably on the beach.

Shulk gets a thong.

Make the one piece the Justin Bailey outfit and I'm sold!

I was sold the moment Shulk and thong were mentioned in the same sentence.

-Horizon-

You gotta beg Sakurai to put in more FE females in Smash to make that worth it.

It depends if Palutena alone can make it worthwhile :p
l66D5sD.gif

Azure J

Ready to play some Monopoly guys?

FBT8cMH.png

Hopefully Nintendo is, these alternate costumes would be so awesome. I wouldn't even need Pajamas Toon Link if I had these.

Seriously, look at this Link. Dude looks like he just inked a deal for killer real estate on Park Avenue.

Why are all of the randomly awesome experiments Nintendo does with their character design done outside of their game content?

I'm surprised you're even still responding at this point haha
Because he said "no one would buy costume DLC outside of SmashGAF?" Yeah, that's fairly ridiculous to say.
Seriously, look at this Link. Dude looks like he just inked a deal for killer real estate on Park Avenue.

Why are all of the randomly awesome experiments Nintendo does with their character design done outside of their game content?
He owns that cabana deed, he knows about property!

Caladrius

Has anyone managed to use up all of their Smash 3DS demo plays yet?

No one is getting out of that room alive.

There'd be a smoking crater where the room was.

so what's greater: # of Miku gifs Horizon has or # of Peach palette swaps ffdgh has?

The number of unique Bish avatars I have.

Okay, I need to know, who the heck is Miku?

Mascot of Vocaloid. Vocal synthesizer software line by Yamaha that's branched out into a laundry list of merchandise and concerts around Japan (and lately overseas appearances).

Jawmuncher

Hatsune Miku (初音ミク?), sometimes referred to as Miku Hatsune, is a humanoid persona voiced by a singing synthesizer application developed by Crypton Future Media, headquartered in Sapporo city. She uses Yamaha Corporation's Vocaloid 2 and Vocaloid 3 singing synthesizing technologies. She also uses Crypton Future Media's Piapro Studio, a singing synthesizer VSTi Plugin. She was the second Vocaloid sold using the Vocaloid 2 engine, and the first Japanese Vocaloid to use the Japanese version of the Vocaloid 2 engine. Her voice is sampled from Japanese voice actress Saki Fujita. Hatsune Miku has performed at her concerts onstage as an animated projection.[1] Hatsune Miku is portrayed to be a 16-year-old girl with long turquoise pigtails.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hatsune_Miku

So she's not from a video game or an anime? Has she appeared in either?

She has two games on 3DS Project Mirai 1 and 2
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yu9c6awE0Mg

Clov

The popular mascot of a Japanese voice synthesizer called Vocaloid. She's one of many different Vocaloid modules that people use to create songs. She's become popular enough to receive several rhythm games from Sega, as well as appear in commercials both in Japan and overseas. She's even had several live concerts!

Hope that the POTD is Wii U related; I want to see more stages.

Has anyone managed to use up all of their Smash 3DS demo plays yet?
I have the benefit of unlimited plays, but I almost certainly would have run through all of them if I had been stuck with only 30 from the basic demo.

...yep, checking the Activity Log I have loaded the demo 32 times.

Veeboy

I'm just glad that Mario and Luigi are once again confirmed to be leg shavers. :)

Right?! Their legs are so smooth I'm jealous. I thought it was weird at first, but then I realized they'd look weirder with leg hair.

Also, looking at that image I hate that there is so much confetti and sparkles cause if there weren't I might have a new avatar. That Yoshi is looking damn spiffy!

I'm so happy you all want to talk about Miku :')

tumblr_m8fvdbFvF01r2mfiro5_500.gif

I feel like if I ever buy a Vita I'm going to buy Project Diva because of you just so I know what the deal is with Miku.

Right?! Their legs are so smooth I'm jealous. I thought it was weird at first, but then I realized they'd look weirder with leg hair.

Also, looking at that image I hate that there is so much confetti and sparkles cause if there weren't I might have a new avatar. That Yoshi is looking damn spiffy!

image.php

Join us.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom