• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U POTD Thread 17: Smash 3DS Discussion @ OT PLS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
tumblr_nchjefo2Gy1qk2o24o1_500.jpg

Q

qizah

Unconfirmed Member
Anyone else buying this digitally next Friday?

I usually don't buy games digitally, but I'm going to start going forward with Smash 3DS -- do games usually become available at midnight? If I go to download it, should it be done by morning typically?

I want to have it downloaded and ready before I head to work in the morning.

Zomba13

bfe5f695adb685f3ed4c0a47b3566df8.png

Wow, Bowser's looked more threatening when he was a freakin cat

Those need to be DLC costumes. Also wtf nintendo! If you are going to lean so heavily into the customisation angle of the new 3DS THEN HAVE IT ON THE XL TOO YOU BASTARDS. I want to upgrade to an XL, I'm obviously going to wait for a new one now, I'm going to miss out on cool covers unless I wait even longer and hope for a special edition that doesn't look ugly or have a game logo plastered on it.

Yeah, I mad.

I usually don't buy games digitally, but I'm going to start going forward with Smash 3DS -- do games usually become available at midnight? If I go to download it, should it be done by morning typically?

Yes, games become available at midnight eastern time - so whatever that is for you. And it should easily be downloaded by morning - full 3DS game downloads usually take around 30-45 minutes on my internet, which isn't tremendously fast. Though keep in mind the servers may be a bit overloaded for Smash, it's hard to say. But I only had a 90 minute download for Animal Crossing on the night of release, so...

I'll be getting it that night, and I'm banking on it downloading quickly enough that I can play it that night too. I don't know if I would be able to sleep knowing Smash was waiting for me...

Man God

Non-Canon Member

Midnight eastern. Since the servers will be hammered it'll probably take a little longer than usual. Judging by the size and a ton of experience downloading practically everything on the 3DS I'd say anywhere from 40 minutes to 2 hours.

You guys should just try to get a physical copy early :p
I've never had any luck getting games early, plus I'd feel bad if I accidentally got a store into trouble.

More importantly, I'd miss out on having Smash 3DS digitally available whenever I have my 3DS, which would be super handy for a game like that that I am liable to play for hundreds of hours over a long period of time.

Anth0ny

This is another reason why Smash Bros is the perfect DLC game and can make Nintendo a fuckzillion dollars if they play their cards right.

They pulled these costumes out of their ass for some random commercial, and here I am willing to pay for them as DLC for Smash Bros. I know I'm not alone in feeling that way, too.

Wow this thread was moving fast today, what happened?

Alright SmashGAF, If you had a choice of a DLC pack, what would it be?

A.) Returning DLC
- Pokemon Trainer
- Lucas
- Mewtwo
- Wolf
- Ice Climbers

B.) Villains DLC
- Hades
- Ridley (Super Metroid)
- King K. Rool
- True Ganondorf/ Demise
- Fawful

C.) Third-Partiers DLC
- Bomberman
- Simon Belmont
- Rayman
- Solid Snake
- Tails/ Shadow (Commemorating the Sonic series' second Smash appearance)

D.) Odd-Ones Out DLC
- Bandana Dee
- Charging Chuck
- Joey's Rattata
- Adeleine
- Anthony Higgs
- Paper Mario

I'd REALLY love Hades to be in, but I think I'll go with C despite being the most unrealistic and unlikely to happen. We get Snake back, we get Simon Belmont to compete the Captain N reunion, and Bomberman and Rayman would make great additions to the roster.

jph139

I figure we'll get New Villager next time around - I figure there'll be another two Animal Crossing games between now and the next Smash, one for Wii U and one for "next handheld." Maybe even three, with a "next console" one too, but I guess that depends on Nintendo's plans in general. New Leaf is easily the most popular/successful Animal Crossing game to date, so I figure all future games are going to follow in its footsteps and all future tie-ins will ape its style. And after three games with the taller, slimmer design, we'll probably see that brought to Smash.

I vastly prefer stumpy Villager, though, in general.

I've noticed that Smash often uses outdated models for characters. Just look at Yoshi all the way up until Brawl. And freaking Donkey Kong. Not digging the Smash Villager model either. The old design looks like a munchkin in comparison to the New Leaf one.
While I agree he could be taller, I think the normal hair, normal eyes, #1 shirt is the best look.
I'm not complaining, the new one has an awful shirt and the worst hair (isn't that hair a punishment for not playing enough?). Hopefully we get the Smash one in MK8.
It is indeed. I noticed that hair after my Villager woke up from a several month coma.
bfe5f695adb685f3ed4c0a47b3566df8.png

Wow, Bowser's looked more threatening when he was a freakin cat
What... what the hell is this... is this DLC?

Glad to see Nintendo using Toon Link and Toon Zelda. Best designs for the series.

Caladrius

I actually wonder how they're going to handle DLC for the different platforms. (cross compatibility, platform-exclusive dlc, etc.)

Wow this thread was moving fast today, what happened?

WeekendGAF has generally been more interesting and less insane than usual.

Glad to see Nintendo using Toon Link and Toon Zelda. Best designs for the series.

That's a commercial for the New 3DS in Japan.

Neoxon

While I agree he could be taller, I think the normal hair, normal eyes, #1 shirt is the best look.

It is indeed. I noticed that hair after my Villager woke up from a several month coma.

I still stand by the TP designs. They're just so badass, especially Ganondorf.

This is another reason why Smash Bros is the perfect DLC game and can make Nintendo a fuckzillion dollars if they play their cards right.

They pulled these costumes out of their ass for some random commercial, and here I am willing to pay for them as DLC for Smash Bros. I know I'm not alone in feeling that way, too.

....paying for that?

don't think many people would join you buddy

Toon Zelda supporters unite!

Toon Link seriously reminds me off Mr. Monopoly. Anybody remember that one Nintendo Monopoly board where you could use "Zelda's sword" and "Pikmin's ship" as tokens?

Veeboy

Oh good, so its not just me. I NEED that Peach alt in my life.

B-b-b-but that Kirby design is a better alt than the recolor I'm getting for the last 4 Smash iterations! I'm getting that just because!

Does Mad Hatter Link need to slap a prodigy?

It depends.

Does that DLC include Toon Zelda as a playable character?

What am I saying, of course I'd buy it anyway. That top hat for Toon Link is awesome.

I would for that peach and link costume alone

yes yes we get it, outside of hardcore communities like GAF nobody would bite however

Ready to play some Monopoly guys?

FBT8cMH.png

Hopefully Nintendo is, these alternate costumes would be so awesome. I wouldn't even need Pajamas Toon Link if I had these.

yes yes we get it, outside of hardcore communities like GAF nobody would bite however
Ehhh, I dunno. I think a good number of people would pay for those alts if they were priced low enough- like 5 or 10 dollars. If they were included with an overall package, It'd be an even easier sell. These costumes are pretty amazing.

look costumes alone won't sell much because there's nothing in it for the casual buyer
I don't disagree, but Nintendo's DLC model thusfar shows that it's pretty likely DLC would be in packs that would include costumes alongside other things.

And I would bet there are some costumes that would sell to a casual buyer. You see a lot of people online in Mario Kart that preordered that DLC to get the Shy Guy and Yoshi colors, for instance.

exfatal

Ehhh, I dunno. I think a good number of people would pay for those alts if they were priced low enough- like 5 or 10 dollars. If they were included with an overall package, It'd be an even easier sell. These costumes are pretty amazing.

A smash casual monday pack fort 4.99$ i'd bite if it came with all the ones we saw

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom