• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U POTD Thread 17: Smash 3DS Discussion @ OT PLS

Status
Not open for further replies.
The popular mascot of a Japanese voice synthesizer called Vocaloid. She's one of many different Vocaloid modules that people use to create songs. She's become popular enough to receive several rhythm games from Sega, as well as appear in commercials both in Japan and overseas. She's even had several live concerts!

Hatsune Miku (初音ミク?), sometimes referred to as Miku Hatsune, is a humanoid persona voiced by a singing synthesizer application developed by Crypton Future Media, headquartered in Sapporo city. She uses Yamaha Corporation's Vocaloid 2 and Vocaloid 3 singing synthesizing technologies. She also uses Crypton Future Media's Piapro Studio, a singing synthesizer VSTi Plugin. She was the second Vocaloid sold using the Vocaloid 2 engine, and the first Japanese Vocaloid to use the Japanese version of the Vocaloid 2 engine. Her voice is sampled from Japanese voice actress Saki Fujita. Hatsune Miku has performed at her concerts onstage as an animated projection.[1] Hatsune Miku is portrayed to be a 16-year-old girl with long turquoise pigtails.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hatsune_Miku

She has two games on 3DS Project Mirai 1 and 2
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yu9c6awE0Mg

Mascot of Vocaloid. Vocal synthesizer software line by Yamaha that's branched out into a laundry list of merchandise and concerts around Japan (and lately overseas appearances).

Ok thanks guy!

Jawmuncher

I once had a random match in Brawl that was all Snakes.
I was in heaven for about 5 minutes.

Snake_-_Modelitos.jpg

(Not my pic but still)

Since i have a rule that for when I do vs CPU I never pic my opponents.

Does the cancelled Halo DS game mean Master Chief might make it in too?

Had that released I wonder just how the world would be right now.

Jawmuncher

That's some....interesting logic.

I love the guy and his nintendo appearances are notable no matter how much someone will try to deny them. But him getting into Smash in the first place was one hell of a impossibility for everyone until it happened. Sure a lot is attributed to Sakurai and Kojima being friends, but still it means that third party characters could be anything so long as Sakurai and Nintendo deem it ok. Miku however does sit behind a shit ton of licensing and being technically a sega rep.

Most of us...

WiiU ONLY!

But not for WiiU SmashGAF.
So the weekends will live on!

Wii U! Wii U! Wii U!

So Miku is a character that didn't start in a video game, but made her way into video games on a Nintendo system, which makes her eligible for playability?

Can I hope for Godzilla?

I love your extended use of ellipses......

I have a friend who uses them instead of commas... it's rather annoying... but I got used to it.

Jawmuncher

Wii U! Wii U! Wii U!
So Miku is a character that didn't start in a video game, but made her way into video games on a Nintendo system, which makes her eligible for playability?

Can I hope for Godzilla?

We can hope all day.
Nothing has debunked that from ever happening.

Most of us...

WiiU ONLY!

But not for WiiU SmashGAF.
So the weekends will live on!

Exacly!

Yes! Wii U Master Race represent!

Says the person who has not yet bought a Wii U.
I was going to be Wii U only, but then I learned what a pain it is to unlock custom moves. Imagine if it is just as bad in the Wii U version. While you guys are grinding out the Wii U equivalent of Smash Run, I will have everything unlocked and ready to go! I can't say "no" to that kind of shortcut. :(

-Horizon-

The Internet won't be able to contain the salt produced.

This is also the last weekend Smash drought we will have for this game. Next week, we will all be playing!
So darn excited!
Damxkd8.jpg

The Captain, theprodigy, and Beelzebufo all got locked in a room, and now all hell has broken loose.
Thanks Obama Sakurai.

Little Mac being 17 is weirder.
Wait, what?!

Caladrius

37 and counting

I have the benefit of unlimited plays, but I almost certainly would have run through all of them if I had been stuck with only 30 from the basic demo.

...yep, checking the Activity Log I have loaded the demo 32 times.

I wish I could have gotten the unlimited one. Doesn't that one also let you use all the palette swaps?

Of course tonight's going to be only the third time I've played it. I'm afraid of burning myself out.

Wait, Miku is 16? That's weird.

The Vocaloids are robots, so that's just the age the robot is meant to look like. (The youngest are the Kagamine twins at 14/15)

I'd prefer one of the Reach Spartans tbh. Jorge and Emile especially.

This is also the last weekend Smash drought we will have for this game. Next week, we will all be playing!

This place is going to be so dead. :(

Little Mac being 17 is weirder.

I don't even think any boxers have even been allowed into professional boxing that young.

Jawmuncher

I was going to be Wii U only, but then I learned what a pain it is to unlock custom moves. Imagine if it is just as bad in the Wii U version. While you guys are grinding out the Wii U equivalent of Smash Run, I will have everything unlocked and ready to go! I can't say "no" to that kind of shortcut. :(

Oh im getting both. But it'll be fun that we'll have this thread for hopefully finally more WiiU info.

The Internet won't be able to contain the salt produced.
!

If I ever got into game development at a higher position.
I would live for trying to cause nonsense like that.

Hatchtag

Banned
One of Sakurai's more liked Western games that I remember is Fallout 3. I'd expect a rep from that long before I'd expect Halo to be in the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom