• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U POTD Thread 17: Smash 3DS Discussion @ OT PLS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hatchtag

Banned
So what is the deal with the Wii U release date being kept secret? Plenty of sources have pointed to a Nov. 21 NA release. Do you guys think Nintendo wants to announce it in another Smash Direct soon? Or (thunder crashes overhead), could the game be facing a possible delay, despite financial analysis saying that Ninty can't afford to miss out this holiday season with the game?

I'm guessing they haven't announced its release date yet because announcing it right before the release of the 3ds version isn't the smartest idea. I'm guessing that it'll be announced a week or two after that's out.
I'm guessing there'll be a Direct or part of a Direct showing off the Wii U version's features as well as a release date and a trailer for one of the secret newcomers. I could also see it announcing there'll be DLC, but that they don't know what it'll be just yet since they haven't really started it.

Haven't posted in like more then a week thanks to the Wii U, monster hunter with buds and MK8 (ITS AMAZING)

I have been popping in here for a quick look every no and then (last I checked ridley talk came back....lol).

It feels so unreal that smash comes out this friday!

Jawmuncher

I don't understand how the WiiU release date would cannibalize 3DS sales.
Considering the current state of affairs of the WiiU.

Azure J

I still want a full Kid Icarus anime done in the style of the Palutena trailer.

I wouldn't because Studio SHAFT. Contrary to what most people will mean when they say this, my only reason for being against it is because they've never shown that they have the animation chops to do the action sequences some justice. Give it to BONES and make sure Yutaka Nakamura leads for best results.

Teriaaaaa!

Neo Member
So what is the deal with the Wii U release date being kept secret? Plenty of sources have pointed to a Nov. 21 NA release. Do you guys think Nintendo wants to announce it in another Smash Direct soon? Or (thunder crashes overhead), could the game be facing a possible delay, despite financial analysis saying that Ninty can't afford to miss out this holiday season with the game?
I think it's getting delayed to next year. Nintendo will be fine without Smash Bros, the hit game "Sonic Boom" is coming to the Wii U right before Black Friday.
SonicBoomVar1A-300x461.jpg

Hatchtag

Banned
I wouldn't because Studio SHAFT. Contrary to what most people will mean when they say this, my only reason for being against it is because they've never shown that they have the animation chops to do the action sequences some justice. Give it to BONES and make sure Yutaka Nakamura leads for best results.

i don't think i've ever heard an idea this good in the entirety of these threads

You're absolutely right! If Persona 4 can get not just one but two anime, then Awakening can at least get one too!

But I disappoint everyone so that isn't anything new :3

Well I doubt they'd make an anime and there's seems to be a lot of 3D promotional cartoons recently...so I was kind of forced to say that lol.

Not gonna lie to you Horizon, I have to say thanks again to you and Fire EmblemGAF for getting me to start off this franchise with Awakening. It helped me cope with the release date of Smash 3DS and for years I had friends tell me to play one of the games in the series, and it looks like I jumped into the right game!

I'm one of those people who enjoyed the supports very much, (I would imagine there's a good number of FEGAF members that feel the same including you) and I can vividly imagine the anime being a great mix of action and humor with the rich cast so I think Nintendo should jump on this since they're taking forever with the sequel...

It's confounding.

As I mentioned earlier, when was the last time an AAA title had its release date announced less than 2 months out from the actual release date?

I'm guessing they haven't announced its release date yet because announcing it right before the release of the 3ds version isn't the smartest idea. I'm guessing that it'll be announced a week or two after that's out.
I'm guessing there'll be a Direct or part of a Direct showing off the Wii U version's features as well as a release date and a trailer for one of the secret newcomers. I could also see it announcing there'll be DLC, but that they don't know what it'll be just yet since they haven't really started it.

While I definitely see your point, Hatch, I can't get over what CSE brings up. This game is coming out really, really soon. Nintendo has released many games short notice thanks to Directs, but have any had the magnitude and weight that Smash U has?

I don't understand how the WiiU release date would cannibalize 3DS sales.
Considering the current state of affairs of the WiiU.

well I doubt there will be much in the way of Wii U cannibalizing 3DS sales compared to the other way around (particularly in Japan).....but maybe Nintendo thinks differently, idk

While I definitely see your point, Hatch, I can't get over what CSE brings up. This game is coming out really, really soon. Nintendo has released many games short notice thanks to Directs, but have any had the magnitude and weight that Smash U has?

When was Super Mario 3D World's release date given?

Hatchtag

Banned

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/10/01/super-mario-3d-world-release-date-announced
October 1st of last year-Super Mario 3D World
Nintendo's plans so rarely line up with the plans other AAA publishers have that I really wouldn't compare them all that much. Announcing the Wii U release date in the first half of October wouldn't be at all unreasonable. A delay isn't going to happen unless they can come up with a really, really good reason for it.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/10/01/super-mario-3d-world-release-date-announced
Nintendo's plans so rarely line up with the plans other AAA publishers have that I really wouldn't compare them all that much. Announcing the Wii U release date in the first half of October wouldn't be at all unreasonable. A delay isn't going to happen unless they can come up with a really, really good reason for it.

Oh wow! Those potential dates, they're so similar 0_o thanks for bringing the article up

Sonic Boom.....hopeful for the cartoon. The Game? not so much.

Well the 3DS version looks like a metroidvania so it might be good. Wii U just looks OK.

Wii U date gonna be confirmed on the 3DS version release day

Kappa

-Horizon-

He means that Splatoon and cartoon both end up in toon. :p
...I didn't mean that rhyme at all...
>.>
<.<

But the fact is.. You have disappointed ME. :(
How much of a disappointment is that in terms of avatar bets?
;)

Not gonna lie to you Horizon, I have to say thanks again to you and Fire EmblemGAF for getting me to start off this franchise with Awakening. It helped me cope with the release date of Smash 3DS and for years I had friends tell me to play one of the games in the series, and it looks like I jumped into the right game!

I'm one of those people who enjoyed the supports very much, (I would imagine there's a good number of FEGAF members that feel the same including you) and I can vividly imagine the anime being a great mix of action and humor with the rich cast so I think Nintendo should jump on this since they're taking forever with the sequel...
Mission accomplished
tumblr_msxd2bzKnq1sht2c6o1_500.gif

exfatal

this a thousand times this

Zubz

Banned
Make the one piece the Justin Bailey outfit and I'm sold!

I was sold the moment Shulk and thong were mentioned in the same sentence.

One of these is the best idea for costume DLC. The other is also good.
I can't even joke, though, I needs me some Justin Bailey costume, for the old times' sake. I miss green-hair Samus.

Mission accomplished
tumblr_msxd2bzKnq1sht2c6o1_500.gif

How many of these do you have, if you don't mind me asking?

-Horizon-

I will cut you.
But I wanted to be in Smash! D:
TB is Sakurai confirmed
Edit: oh come on prodigy!

One of these is the best idea for costume DLC. The other is also good.
I can't even joke, though, I needs me some Justin Bailey costume, for the old times' sake. I miss green-hair Samus.

How many of these do you have, if you don't mind me asking?
Honestly have no clue. I have a bunch of folders with all of my gifs (that I don't organize). I either make my own or just find them and save them so it just keeps growing. Never really counted how many of the Miku related ones I have :T

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
I'd rather have the real Banjo and Kazooie playable

I never liked Duck Hunt much as a game or any of the nes zapper titles, would get bored before they ever got remotely challenging. All the games the dog references are games I don't particular care for and have no real nostalgia for due to not playing them much due to not enjoying them. I also dislike how boring he looks... I mean it's just a random dog with a random duck on his head.

He may be fun to play and have a very unique moveset, it's just when given the option of almost any other Nintendo character I'd take them over the Duck Hunt Dog.

I see. Hopefully you wouldn't rage-quit when you had to face those dogs online. At least, you already have a punching bag to beat up now.

Honestly have no clue. I have a bunch of folders with all of my gifs (that I don't organize). I either make my own or just find them and save them so it just keeps growing. Never really counted how many of the Miku related ones I have :T

you're unorganized, tsk tsk

-Horizon-

*whew* based Batty, putting away the Miku gifs for now

Though this is not the end. My gifs...never perishes. It is born anew in a cycle with no end! I will rise again! Those like you... Those who share the blood of SmashGAF...They are eternally bound to this curse. An incarnation of my questionable desires shall ever follow your kind, dooming them to wander an anime-soaked sea of darkness for all time!

Though this is not the end. My gifs...never perishes. It is born anew in a cycle with no end! I will rise again! Those like you... Those who share the blood of SmashGAF...They are eternally bound to this curse. An incarnation of my questionable desires shall ever follow your kind, dooming them to wander an anime-soaked sea of darkness for all time!

what is this

*overrules Horizon*

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Is it me or are there fewer people here than before.

Or is it normal for this time of week and I was too stupid to notice

He's been in SmashGAF too long.

Because they moved to 3DS OT now. People who highly preferred Wii U or just want to discuss about Wii U contents usually flocking here.

four days guys

just....FOUR DAYS

...for the Wii U release date.

I hope pic of the days turn to only Wii U then.

Also I'm going to have to get my Best Buy receipt for my Smash 3DS preorder. Can you pick up a preorder without receipt by showing your ID?

They better give me my Smash coin.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom