• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U POTD Thread 17: Smash 3DS Discussion @ OT PLS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, there is one that said that you have to face 5 different people and beat 25 opponents so people might not able to get those luxury because they don't live in a huge city like NYC and Japan' Cities.
I usually get like 3-4 people a day when I go out for a few hours. You don't have to live in NYC haha.

Zubz

Banned
Man the first real Wii U tournament is going to be so good, people will actually know what they're doing AND dat glorious 1080p!

I know! It's gonna be so hype. I'm gonna miss that confusion, though. Unless we go all Omega Stages, which would be terrible (Why isn't there a Battlefield "Alpha" Mode, too?!), maybe there'll be some legal stages that still require some knowledge of how the stage itself functions, ala Isle Delfino? I'd like that.

Zubz

Banned
So does anyone expect anything better than repeated info and/or menus anymore from the PotD, barring Wii U stuff on Friday? Frankly, I'm hoping we get one of those amusing joke ones back from early in development sometime soon; Sakurai said they'd be coming, but the menus just wouldn't quit!

Neiteio

I know! It's gonna be so hype. I'm gonna miss that confusion, though. Unless we go all Omega Stages, which would be terrible (Why isn't there a Battlefield "Alpha" Mode, too?!), maybe there'll be some legal stages that still require some knowledge of how the stage itself functions, ala Isle Delfino? I'd like that.
I would love for tournament organizers to have a "warm-up" and "intermission" phase that is set on the normal versions of stages. I'd love to see how these really competitive types handle themselves in the Gamer stage with Mom on the rampage. It'd be a refreshing change of pace. :-D

Golnei

So does anyone expect anything better than repeated info and/or menus anymore from the PotD, barring Wii U stuff on Friday? Frankly, I'm hoping we get one of those amusing joke ones back from early in development sometime soon; Sakurai said they'd be coming, but the menus just wouldn't quit!

Even if the standard pattern holds, it's only one more week. Consider it the dessert menu.

I would love for tournament organizers to have a "warm-up" and "intermission" phase that is set on the normal versions of stages. I'd love to see how these really competitive types handle themselves in the Gamer stage with Mom on the rampage. It'd be a refreshing change of pace. :-D

Not gonna happen lol

FSLink

Banned
Yeah Flat Zone 2's requirement is "Unlock Game and Watch", but it's on the 2nd board. None of the 2nd board's stuff will unlock until you finish the 1st board.

Yeah Flat Zone 2's requirement is "Unlock Game and Watch", but it's on the 2nd board. None of the 2nd board's stuff will unlock until you finish the 1st board.

If you finish the challenges ahead of time, will they unlock the moment you open up the second board?

Roo

The way I see it, they may have exclusive stage DLC per version, but characters are going to be available on both systems.. However, if character DLC isn't also cross-buy, I'm gonna be tiffed, and I know plenty of people who'll flat-out get pissed. With an exception being the Ice Climbers, if they get in the Wii U version.
In a perfect world, Sakurai acknowledges that getting rid of Ice Climbers because of the 3DS is a huge mistake. That's why he will include them as a bonus character in the Wii U version.
It would be a good way to say.." Hey, don't forget it, we also have a Wii U version coming out soon and it has something actually exclusive and worth buying"

shhh, im trying to convince our fellow gaffer, Roo!

...although, both versions might get exclusive DLC!

Oh, of course. Sorry D:
>:D

Currently looking back at the Takamaru/Paper Mario GAF prophet chaos and I'm still laughing.

That's easily tied with the fanfiction discovery as the greatest moment in all of SmashGAF, lol

Currently looking back at the Takamaru/Paper Mario GAF prophet chaos and I'm still laughing.

That's easily tied with the fanfiction discovery as the greatest moment in all of SmashGAF, lol

It's just two coincidences that happened to line up back to back unlike several of the other ones we had, I don't see the big deal.

It's just two coincidences that happened to line up back to back unlike several of the other ones we had, I don't see the big deal.

dude come on the Takamaru POTD being smackdab in the middle of a Takamaru fanart flood was pretty funny :p

Everyone trying to one-up each other for the prediction only for it to be Boss Galaga was just the icing on the cake.

Richie

It's one of those amazing memories that make the journey to release worth experiencing in a community. By oneself, a fan may notice the coincidence, chuckle, and go on with their day. But here it was a total event, because of course Sakurai was reading us and was basing his update on our comments, and when it stopped so soon, it totally was to throw us on a loop, that sneaky Sakurai!

SmashGAF, man. Nothing like it :)

dude come on the Takamaru POTD being smackdab in the middle of a Takamaru fanart flood was pretty funny :p

Everyone trying to one-up each other for the prediction only for it to be Boss Galaga was just the icing on the cake.

well admittedly the Takamaru one was hilarious
RIP Azure J
, but the Paper Mario one really wasn't

Richie

Robin/Lucina reveal takes it for me. Such hysteria.

This would be my choice as well. I was at the gym that morning, and couldn't see the video from the phone, but was totally following the reactions here. And maaaaan, did the grin from reading you guys last with me during the entire day. I was so damn hyped from it, too. All the freakin' histeria over the trailer not only not being Shulk, but being Fire Emblem related AND sending Chrom to the bench while Lucina and goddamn ROBIN made it as playable (I fondly remember a post among all the crazyness going GEEEEMAAAATSU IIIIS DEEEEAAAAAAAAD). Refreshing the pages only to see 40 posts already there....A freaking golden day, that was.

FSLink

Banned
LOL oh yeah, we all thought it would be Shulk.

the downfall of Gematsu...

I do wonder if the Gematsu leak probably saw a list of the characters and saw "Fire Emblem Awakening Protagonist" and just assumed it was Chrom lol.

As for calling a Shulk trailer, who the hell knows what happened there.

Hatchtag

Banned
I do wonder if the Gematsu leak probably saw a list of the characters and saw "Fire Emblem Awakening Protagonist" and just assumed it was Chrom lol.

As for calling a Shulk trailer, who the hell knows what happened there.

I am curious as to what exactly happened with Gematsu. It's something I want to really know what happened with. It's virtually impossible he knew nothing, and the two characters he called that didn't end up being in-Chrom and Chorus Kids-were arguably planned at some point (even though Chrom was scrapped early on. That said, Chrom also could be argued as a mistake, since he has a pretty high-detailed model). I donno. I doubt we ever get info on what happened, but man would I like to know.

I am curious as to what exactly happened with Gematsu. It's something I want to really know what happened with. It's virtually impossible he knew nothing, and the two characters he called that didn't end up being in-Chrom and Chorus Kids-were arguably planned at some point (even though Chrom was scrapped early on. That said, Chrom also could be argued as a mistake, since he has a pretty high-detailed model). I donno. I doubt we ever get info on what happened, but man would I like to know.

leakers miss because of outdated info or other things, it happens

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
This would be my choice as well. I was at the gym that morning, and couldn't see the video from the phone, but was totally following the reactions here. And maaaaan, did the grin from reading you guys last with me during the entire day. I was so damn hyped from it, too. All the freakin' histeria over the trailer not only not being Shulk, but being Fire Emblem related AND sending Chrom to the bench while Lucina and goddamn ROBIN made it as playable (I fondly remember a post among all the crazyness going GEEEEMAAAATSU IIIIS DEEEEAAAAAAAAD). Refreshing the pages only to see 40 posts already there....A freaking golden day, that was.

-That day was amazing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom