• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U POTD Thread 17: Smash 3DS Discussion @ OT PLS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Richie

As for calling a Shulk trailer, who the hell knows what happened there.

My guess is that he knew Shulk was in, but no one outside of Sakurai and very few knew in what order the newcomers would be revealed. Not even Monolith, who, by retweeting Sakurai's announcement of the trailer, probably gave the leaker confidence, got cocky, and thought he could cement this credibility by betting on what was thought as obvious.

Hatchtag

Banned
leakers miss because of outdated info or other things, it happens

Yeah, but it's still really curious. Most likely he either had outdated info, had info that changed after he reported it, or had partially right info and speculated on some things. But I'd still like to know exactly what happened with that stuff. It's intriguing to me.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
The best thing about that reveal is that I know there was a group of people who wanted or atleast thought that robin was a possibility, and at the time we were thinking 3 FE characters at the MAX they were often shut down or ignored by everybody, but Sakurai was probably looking over suggestions one day and actually said "why not"

Gleethor

The best thing about that reveal is that I know there was a group of people who wanted or atleast thought that robin was a possibility, and at the time we were thinking 3 FE characters at the MAX they were often shut down or ignored by everybody, but Sakurai was probably looking over suggestions one day and actually said "why not"

The roster was finalized sometime in 2012 so at most he'd be looking at Japanese suggestions since nobody overseas had the game.

Yeah, but it's still really curious. Most likely he either had outdated info, had info that changed after he reported it, or had partially right info and speculated on some things. But I'd still like to know exactly what happened with that stuff. It's intriguing to me.
I'm going with either outdated considering Chrom was ditched in favor of Robin really early on and no RH-rep (yet a RH rep in Smash Run with a Famitsu quote that insinuates only playable franchises got enemies) or since he apparently worked at Namco may have been a marketting person going off second-hand information. Duck Hunt/Bowser Jr. they were oblivious about since they're 'secret' until after release, Lucina/Dr. Mario we know were originally alts and it's not too much of a stretch to assume the same about Dark Pit hence they'd know nothing about and Chrom's presence in the CGI trailer and even Robin's victory scene could've confused somebody on the outside with a limited look on the game what his status was.

It's also worth noting they said character DLC was definitely happening in the same email they said Lucas was probably going to get cut.

Richie

This was me! I was really rooting for Robin, thinking a magic-based moveset would be awesome for the game, not to mention that with both Villager and WFT having double gender options, I took that as more points on his/her favor. When the second Gematsu leak came to light, I thought it true on light of how accurate the first had been, and was disappointed that Sakurai had seemingly gone for the safest route possible and put Chrom instead. Maaan, what a freaking amazing reveal that was.

Not only that, but I had imagined the Levin Sword could make a good Fire Emblem item...lo and behold, Robin has it!

and the resulting salt over 4 Fire Emblem characters was glorious xD

and the resulting salt over 4 Fire Emblem characters was glorious xD
We also got this badass fan art piece from the trailer, so a lot of good came from that day:

tumblr_n9j1h7Yz9X1qega1do1_1280.jpg

Hatchtag

Banned
I'm going with either outdated considering Chrom was ditched in favor of Robin really early on and no RH-rep (yet a RH rep in Smash Run with a Famitsu quote that insinuates only playable franchises got enemies) or since he apparently worked at Namco may have been a marketting person going off second-hand information. Duck Hunt/Bowser Jr. they were oblivious about since they're 'secret' until after release, Lucina/Dr. Mario we know were originally alts and it's not too much of a stretch to assume the same about Dark Pit hence they'd know nothing about and Chrom's presence in the CGI trailer and even Robin's victory scene could've confused somebody on the outside with a limited look on the game what his status was.

It's also worth noting they said character DLC was definitely happening in the same email they said Lucas was probably going to get cut.

I personally think that either it was outdated information or it was someone in the art department who didn't really get to play the game much. So his info was a combination of correct info, guesses from working on art assets, and info from other people working on the game.

Something worth noting about the Chorus Men trophy: it's programmed so that the chorus men always face the player and that the instructor never faces the player. You can rotate it all you want, but you will never see the other side of either of them.

Reset Bomb Forest isn't quite an apocalypse, but it does feature the extermination of millions as a background event.

Ahhh, okay. Completely forgot about that.

The pikmin stages didn't seem to be apocalyptic at a glance, but Reset Bomb Forest does have a feel of "It's the Apocalypse!" to me.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
The roster was finalized sometime in 2012 so at most he'd be looking at Japanese suggestions since nobody overseas had the game.

Well thats what I mean, it would be the same no matter the country not even counting the importers.

Maybe it's just the demo, but I don't think you can choose your win pose anymore. :(

I'm sure I could get Megaman to do his beam in celebration when I held B. This is in the demo btw.

I try to start his down taunt as the countdown reaches 1 then hold B so it looks like he beams out of the battle and into the celebration screen. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom