• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U POTD Thread 17: Smash 3DS Discussion @ OT PLS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Neiteio

SMASH DLC

i6pqk69xPxHcl.gif

ibe3Jk92vqhQz1.gif

ifgE7t3w5cqLE.gif

ibpY1P2wzyUoSV.gif

PLEASE

I kinda see Isabelle being a DLC newcomer.

She's featured quite prominently in the commercial, she's racing in Mario Kart, gets her own faceplate.

Hatchtag

Banned

She's featured quite prominently in the commercial, she's racing in Mario Kart, gets het own faceplate.

I don't get the appeal of her at all. I don't really think she's that memorable of a character, unlike Tom Nook or even Resetti.

She's featured quite prominently in the commercial, she's racing in Mario Kart, gets het own faceplate.
I was just thinking this, not necessarily as DLC, but just as a future Smash character. She seems to be really being pushed as a face of Animal Crossing, so if we ever got another rep, I could see it being her.

Golnei

Too bad there won't be as many stars as in the previous games.

Luma and Starfy lead short, tragic lives.

She does seem to be really prominent, seeing as she's also part of the Monster Hunter promotion along with Resetti on top of her other appearances. Though they're both ATs, and I don't see that changing in this game. Depending on whether they keep pushing her for the next installments in the AC series, she could be a very likely candidate for the next game's roster.

Question: today was the first day I got to play the demo with all my friends. 3/4 us had no problem, but whenever the 4th would join it would lag out til we got a no contest ending.

Was this because his SD card was full? Both him and another were using the OG 3ds with the default SD card, but the other player didn't have anything other than the Smash demo w h Ile the 4th had ALBW, AC and the demo.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Nah Alfonso takes over Toon Link duties when Toon Link is playing on the train stage.

I mean, I use it as an argument against the "promotions" stuff. Can't have a character who is both an AT and a player.

This wasn't the only time it happened. When PotD was about Riki being both an AT and FS people suddenly jumped into conclusions of an AT being playable.

zlCfzSfhotABeWNli0

Pic of the day. For the 3DS version, you can select alternate tracks for stages by holding down the R Button while you select the stage--the brown drop shadow that frames the stage image when you hold down the R Button indicates the alternate track is active. For the Living Room stage, the alternate track is the vocal version of the default track. Songs with vocals aren't the best match for battles, but the song was too good to leave out, so this is how we chose to include it.

zlCfzSfhqT8Q2azgQd

Also, For the Boxing Ring, if you select the stage while holding down the L Button, you can play on the Smash Bros. version of the stage. If you hold down the Y Button, you can choose to play on the Punch Out! version. These variations are usually selected at random, but this method lets you select them manually.

Roo

She's featured quite prominently in the commercial, she's racing in Mario Kart, gets her own faceplate.

I was just thinking this, not necessarily as DLC, but just as a future Smash character. She seems to be really being pushed as a face of Animal Crossing, so if we ever got another rep, I could see it being her.

She does seem to be really prominent, seeing as she's also part of the Monster Hunter promotion along with Resetti on top of her other appearances. Though they're both ATs, and I don't see that changing in this game. Depending on whether they keep pushing her for the next installments in the AC series, she could be a very likely candidate for the next game's roster.

Isabelle is the new Rosalina confirmed.

Neiteio

Isabelle is the best

Make her a DLC clone of Villager that disables the Isabelle AT when she is in play. Plenty of other ATs to go around.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Even Sakurai doesn't follow his own logic. Songs don't work for battles and yet he included both the DK Rap and Fire Emblem opera as the defaults for their respective stages!

Golnei

Isabelle is the best

Make her a DLC clone of Villager that disables the Isabelle AT when she is in play. Plenty of other ATs to go around.

Most of the newcomers could have some interesting clones, actually: Proto Man, Viridi, Mr. Sandman, Ms. Pacman, Isabelle, Dunban, Wii Remote Safety Screen Guy...

Neiteio

Isabelle axing somebody or dropping bowling balls into somebody's head will ruin my image of her forever :p
They can make Isabelle look really nervous and panicky while she does it, thus staying true to her character, like, "OH GOD MR. MAYOR I JUST CHOPPED SOMEONE'S HEAD OFF" and Villager's all like "Don't worry I got this" before calling Tom Nook on a cellphone, hanging up, snapping the phone in two and tossing it in the trash.

Hatchtag

Banned
Even Sakurai doesn't follow his own logic. Songs don't work for battles and yet he included both the DK Rap and Fire Emblem opera as the defaults for their respective stages!

or
you know
BRAWL'S THEME
BRAWL'S THEME THAT ALWAYS FUCKING PLAYED AT EVERY FUCKING TIME

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Villager is meant to be you in the games therefore I've decided to stay far far away from anyone who calls Villager a murderous psychopath.

random25

Villager is meant to be you in the games therefore I've decided to stay far far away from anyone who calls Villager a murderous psychopath.

In Smash, Villager is his own thing. The "you" is taken care of by Miis, who are the most favorite thing ever to come in Smash :p

PKGaming

Banned
So to get the Punch-Out version of the stage, you hold Y? So you hold Y and press A to confirm? Those buttons are on opposite sides of each other....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom