• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U POTD Thread 17: Smash 3DS Discussion @ OT PLS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Caladrius

I have mixed feelings on the fact that the unlocks are easy this time. One the one hand I enjoyed unlocking everything, but I like that I'll be able to play all of my favorite characters so quickly.

Because they moved to 3DS OT now. People who highly preferred Wii U or just want to discuss about Wii U contents usually flocking here.

I'd say both.

Most likely, though It's not so much the 3DS game is approaching so much as we know most of the essentials from the JP launch.

four days guys

just....FOUR DAYS

It makes me wonder how we'll remember Smash 4 six years down the line.

Sakurai said:
Picture of the day:

You must be wondering why today's pic is a picture of the wii u version of smash in it's retail box...

...Well, that's because I chose to release Smash Brothers for Wii U in the Americas on oct.3rd and scrap the 3ds version altogether for it's global release! have fun!

GAF's reaction?

Tansut

I already have a strategy planned out so that I can have all the characters unlocked in 30 minutes or less and all the stages shortly after that.

*shrugs* I personally won't be doing any suicidal shenanigans because I want to keep my VS records as legitimate as possible.

So it'll take me slightly longer to unlock all the characters and stages. Should still be done by the end of day 1 though.

Yup. Losing 150 matches to lvl 1 cpu immediatelly, then hitting Kirby's Final Smash in Dreamland and whatever else I gotta do for customs.

Wow, so much fun :-D

I will just play the actual game and see what I will unlock.

The demo got be so hooked that I want to enjoy every second of this game :D

*shrugs* I personally won't be doing any suicidal shenanigans because I want to keep my VS records as legitimate as possible.

So it'll take me slightly longer to unlock all the characters and stages. Should still be done by the end of day 1 though.
Ok just gonna do 1 stock matches with a level 1 CPU? :p

Zubz

Banned

You could always just fight Lv. 1 Computers in 1 Stock Matches?

Why suicide when you can do super sudden death?

The Usurper King is also right!

Yup. Losing 150 matches to lvl 1 cpu immediatelly, then hitting Kirby's Final Smash in Dreamland and whatever else I gotta do for customs.

You still need to
Use Pacman's FS once
Use Villager 3 times in VS mode
Use Captain Falcon and win 3 times in VS mode
Complete first challenge board
To unlock all stages

Tansut

Tell me your plan now or forever be a villain and/or a knave!

What would that be? :0
Well, the quickest way to lose 120 matches is to do one stock and then suicide. I'll be using Sonic on Mushroomy Kingdom. But to make it even faster I'll kill myself when the challenger fight happens, because that also counts as a match. So after the first challenger appears you're essentially doing two fights instead of one. Once I hit a little over 100 is when I'll actually start winning the challenger fights.

If it doesn't involve ultimate Falcon matches then I won't hear of it.
The trilogy will be complete once the Wii U version comes out.

Zubz

Banned
Personally, I'm going to play at my own pace. I accidentally spoiled how to get Jr. and DHD, but I'm going to just play and have it be a surprise every time "CHALLENGER APPROACHING" blares onto screen.

Zubz

Banned
But Wii U will get them as well... right? >:D

The way I see it, they may have exclusive stage DLC per version, but characters are going to be available on both systems.. However, if character DLC isn't also cross-buy, I'm gonna be tiffed, and I know plenty of people who'll flat-out get pissed. With an exception being the Ice Climbers, if they get in the Wii U version.

That doesn't sound hard, besides I'm allowing myself a very liberal use of hammers cause fuck Streetpass, and if I'm going to use some, might as well use them all.
That's such a waste! Everyone's going to have this game, a walk to the store and back should fulfill the requirements!

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
You can get the street pass challenge on first board by playing practice with CPU, not a big deal.

Well, there is one that said that you have to face 5 different people and beat 25 opponents so people might not able to get those luxury because they don't live in a huge city like NYC and Japan' Cities.

Zubz

Banned
That doesn't sound hard, besides I'm allowing myself a very liberal use of hammers cause fuck Streetpass, and if I'm going to use some, might as well use them all.

How many people do you need to pass for that Challenge? I'm glad I'm still near a College Campus, so I get passes like there's no tomorrow. Just have to hope they all get Smash 4 as well; I know I'll at least have 4 friends with it that I'll pass at least twice a month while our college classes are still going, moreso during breaks, so unless it's some unholy amount like the "Defeat 3 Monarchs!" challenge in Warrior's Way, I think I might have a shot. I still feel bad for those who don't pass as many people, though...

Welp. That's it. Goodbye, world.

Hey, at least I'm getting that one. If I didn't work, I'd have it within 12 hours of the US launch, but even then, there's a Project M tournament in town at 6:30, so I'll have the Lightning Falcon Kick within the day!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom