• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U POTD Thread 17: Smash 3DS Discussion @ OT PLS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dimmle

If the can make a timeline for Zelda, they could make numerous Nintendo games work in the same universe.
The Melee intro, in addition to proving the existence of historical demand for the Ridley franchise, does indeed confirm that Star Fox and Kirby exist within the same universe. This I choose to believe.

Really, a Nintendo multiverse is a pretty easy concept to buy into.

KHlover

Banned
The Melee intro, in addition to proving the existence of historical demand for the Ridley franchise, does indeed confirm that Star Fox and Kirby exist within the same universe. This I choose to believe.

Really, a Nintendo multiverse is a pretty easy concept to buy into.
Watch the character demonstration after the opening in the E3 vid and you'll see that the audience actually cheered for Samus.

Pociask

ibpY1P2wzyUoSV.gif

And with that, I went from feeling pretty good about Smash's costumes, if a little let down with lack of alts, to feeling that they could have done so much more.

or
you know
BRAWL'S THEME
BRAWL'S THEME THAT ALWAYS FUCKING PLAYED AT EVERY FUCKING TIME

Ah-ahhh-ahhhhh.... AHHH AHH AHHHHHHH

Dimmle

Watch the character demonstration after the opening in the E3 vid and you'll see that the audience actually cheered for Samus.

I clearly need to work on my facetiousness.

What makes a theoretical multiverse work in Nintendo's case is how thinly drawn most of their worlds are. If the Flintstones and the Jetsons could do it, hey. I'm not saying it wouldn't be terrible, though.

JoeInky

It's not as if they have to inhabit the same solar system or something, an infinite universe could quite easily fit in all Nintendo franchises, just say that the space faring franchises like Starfox, Metroid, Pikmin, F-Zero and Kirby all inhabit different corners of the universe that are millions of lightyears apart or something.

But I'm guessing Starfox & F-Zero and Pikmin & Kirby are both closer to each other.

And I guess Kid Icarus and Metroid would also be, but that's much weirder because it's just a similar enemy but in wildly different settings, F-Zero/Starfox and Pikmin/Kirby all share similarities like certain technology or locations.

Golnei

I mean if you read his post, you would have realized he was trolling.

I'm not sure if "Ridley franchise" counts as trolling per se, it seemed to be a fairly blatant joke. Perhaps this is further evidence for making the utterance of the name "Ridley" a bannable offense.

It's not as if they have to inhabit the same solar system or something, an infinite universe could quite easily fit in all Nintendo franchises, just say that the space faring franchises like Starfox, Metroid, Pikmin, F-Zero and Kirby all inhabit different corners of the universe that are millions of lightyears apart or something.

But I'm guessing Starfox & F-Zero and Pikmin & Kirby are both closer to each other.

And I guess Kid Icarus and Metroid would also be, but that's much weirder because it's just a similar enemy but in wildly different settings, F-Zero/Starfox and Pikmin/Kirby all share similarities like certain technology or locations.

Well yes you could have "every Nintendo game world is in the same universe but completely separated from each other", but then what's the point?

-Horizon-

We also got this badass fan art piece from the trailer, so a lot of good came from that day:
That art is very nice.

zlCfzSfhotABeWNli0

Pic of the day. For the 3DS version, you can select alternate tracks for stages by holding down the R Button while you select the stage--the brown drop shadow that frames the stage image when you hold down the R Button indicates the alternate track is active. For the Living Room stage, the alternate track is the vocal version of the default track. Songs with vocals aren't the best match for battles, but the song was too good to leave out, so this is how we chose to include it.

zlCfzSfhqT8Q2azgQd

Also, For the Boxing Ring, if you select the stage while holding down the L Button, you can play on the Smash Bros. version of the stage. If you hold down the Y Button, you can choose to play on the Punch Out! version. These variations are usually selected at random, but this method lets you select them manually.
That's cool I guess, 2 track limit kinds of kills it though :/

What songs with lyrics are great: Ashley's theme, Calling to the Night, Sonic Boom, Brawl Main theme

I rather not beat up an elf ninja with an electric rat to an emotional song about the casualties of war. Everything else was good though.

mind you, I LOVE Calling to the Night

JCX

Live and Learn! Which is in 3DS.

Of course! Sonic games may have dropped in quality, but the songs are the perfect kind of 90's butt-rock cheesiness

I rather not beat up an elf ninja with an electric rat to an emotional song about the casualties of war. Everything else was good though.

mind you, I LOVE Calling to the Night

I love it because it makes the drama of the battle absurdly higher than it should be. That's why I was unhappy that we didn't get the lyric version of Snake Eater (aka the best Bond theme)

Amazon UK I am sure will do it day one, Amazon US has had a history with Nintendo games not getting street date. Just so you know (I had Layton and DKC:TF delayed by Amazon). I am going digital because I want to play it ASAP.

Edit: Just saying it may be best to go to Best Buy at lunch because they are pretty good about day one stocking for Nintendo games.

Can we talk about how incredible the Mega Man remixes are in this game?

I hope the Wii U version gets a MMX melody because I would be so happy.
I have to agree with you, I love the MM2 melody. I also love the Pac-Man remixes in the game as well. So far the Mario RPG songs are my true disappointment.

Jawmuncher

Vocals tracks are my favorite.
They make for better fight music. The fire emblem theme and final destination theme in brawl are my main points to support it.

Roo

Here we are, last week of POTDs before the 3DS release. Always entertaining to see these, whether for the pic proper or the reactions.

Thank God.
I'm tired of Sakurai's stupid menu pics.
At least he can focus on Wii U stuff now. We know next to nothing about it which makes me think it'll be as barebones as 3DS.

Veeboy

Thank God.
I'm tired of Sakurai's stupid menu pics.
At least he can focus on Wii U stuff now. We know next to nothing about it which makes me think it'll be as barebones as 3DS.
He'll probably spend a week or two after the worldwide release of smash to reveal characters, stages, and modes which have not yet been revealed officially like Duck Hunt and the like.

But after that I'm looking forward to the Wii U deluge. I need to know what modes and stuff are exclusive to the Wii U.

Timeaisis

I hope the Wii U version gets a MMX melody because I would be so happy.
I have to agree with you, I love the MM2 melody. I also love the Pac-Man remixes in the game as well. So far the Mario RPG songs are my true disappointment.

I haven't listened to the Pac-Man remixes yet! Saving them for when I get the game. I couldn't resist listening to all the MM stuff, though.

I do hope we get some more Mega Man music for Wii U, it's just got so many good songs that they could remix quite awesomely.

He'll probably spend a week or two after the worldwide release of smash to reveal characters, stages, and modes which have not yet been revealed officially like Duck Hunt and the like.

But after that I'm looking forward to the Wii U deluge. I need to know what modes and stuff are exclusive to the Wii U.
But even then at least we'll have Wii U shots of those characters.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
Ok this was a neat update because I had no idea how to tell if the alt song was selected. Probably the only menu update I like! :p

Didn't you ever play Melee?

As soon as I played the demo I figured it out...but I'm glad this time there's a visual indication.

So guys.

I didn't realize this until playing some Brawl last night..

You can aim Luigi's Forward Smash diagonally Up, Straight, or Diagonally Down!

You can also do the same to Wario's Forward Tilt attack...

This must be an entire aspect of the game I've failed to notice.
Any other characters with that kind of finesse?

emb

So guys.

I didn't realize this until playing some Brawl last night..

You can aim Luigi's Forward Smash diagonally Up, Straight, or Diagonally Down!

You can also do the same to Wario's Forward Tilt attack...

This must be an entire aspect of the game I've failed to notice.
Any other characters with that kind of finesse?
Lots of moves have that. I think it even goes back as far as 64. Off hand I know a lot of ftilts and fsmashes have it. Samus ftilt and fsmash, Falcon ftilt, Mario ftilt and fsmash all come to mind.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom