• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U POTD Thread 17: Smash 3DS Discussion @ OT PLS

Status
Not open for further replies.
So guys.

I didn't realize this until playing some Brawl last night..

You can aim Luigi's Forward Smash diagonally Up, Straight, or Diagonally Down!

You can also do the same to Wario's Forward Tilt attack...

This must be an entire aspect of the game I've failed to notice.
Any other characters with that kind of finesse?

Melee Gdawg and Falcon have diagonal Ftilts aswell. I only found out because I was playing with a buddy and thought "wait...I don't recognize this move" and tested it out.

Afaik they don't tell you anywhere, so it was a super hype moment.

Melee Gdawg and Falcon have diagonal Ftilts aswell. I only found out because I was playing with a buddy and thought "wait...I don't recognize this move" and tested it out.

Afaik they don't tell you anywhere, so it was a super hype moment.

Dr.Mario also does it but i think its like a sweet spot thing.

vixlar

So guys.

I didn't realize this until playing some Brawl last night..

You can aim Luigi's Forward Smash diagonally Up, Straight, or Diagonally Down!

You can also do the same to Wario's Forward Tilt attack...

This must be an entire aspect of the game I've failed to notice.
Any other characters with that kind of finesse?

You can do that since Smash 64. Supposedly those movements have some properties: The up version is the more damaging but the down version is the more weak but can ignore some defense when the bubble is small. I tried it on brawl and while the variations still exist the damage is not different for many characters.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
I haven't listened to any music tracks apart from the official samples. Got a lot to look forward to.

Veeboy

But even then at least we'll have Wii U shots of those characters.

You know, I didn't even think about that. I can't wait to see Duck Hunt in HD! Actually a lot of the characters look really good in the 3DS version so I can't wait to see all of their updated looks.

Sakujou

Banned
I love the smell of a newly opened game case.

"Please be excited"

i dont want to buy a game where half of the content is locked behind a paywall.

nintendo is starting doing this shit, iam so sad about it, and i think they will never ever release a "goty"-edition with all the content on the disc.

i realized, that hyrule warriors has all the DLC already on the disc, only a key, which is 2mb big is getting downloaded when you pay 16euros... i suppose nintendo could do this scam again with smash locking all the content behind this-.-

i just want to enjoy these two games as much as possible but not this way :(

emb

nintendo is starting doing this shit, iam so sad about it, and i think they will never ever release a "goty"-edition with all the content on the disc.

i realized, that hyrule warriors has all the DLC already on the disc, only a key, which is 2mb big is getting downloaded when you pay 16euros... i suppose nintendo could do this scam again with smash locking all the content behind this-.-

Yeah, it's depressing. I know HW isn't exactly a Nintendo game, but Nintendo proper isn't far from it either. I wish I could just buy finished games. :(

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Nintendo games rarely go down in price unless they're badly received or over 5 years old with a good print run.
Zelda games have for the past few iterations, at least here in the UK, and HW is a spinoff and one that looks like divisive. I think It may comes down in price, maybe not as low as £15, but £20 doesn't seem to be an unfair estimate.

-Horizon-

what happend to your avatar... my god
lol I just noticed BG's avatar, wow.

Lost a bet to Caladrius, haha
Well, that explains a lot.

The true GAF king has risen.
BGBW was a false prophet anyway.
Can I take the title of Archduke of SmashGAF?

Well, I mean they handled DLC pretty well with Awakening and I don't think Sakurai is the kind of developer to do this to his fan base.

I don't think DLCs are on disk, unless someone already found it. Koei is still making the contents, no way it's on disc. 2mb may just be some textures and codes, something like a picture writing " Dark Link " on it.

I claimed my first victim.

He goes back to normal on the 2nd.

Nintendo games rarely go down in price unless they're badly received or over 5 years old with a good print run.

Again, HW is a Koei game.

Caladrius

Team Ninja/ Koei Tecmo on the box should help it lower in price.

Again, HW is a Koei game.

I hope you're right. I want to get it but I can't justify the 60$ price tag when there's so much already coming out for the holiday.

Zelda games have for the past few iterations, at least here in the UK, and HW is a spinoff and one that looks like divisive. I think It may comes down in price, maybe not as low as £15, but £20 doesn't seem to be an unfair estimate.

or if you're in the UK

I stand corrected then.

In the US at least, the only Nintendo games I've seen discounted on the primary market before the system's end-of-life or the end of their print run were Sticker Star and Other M.

Can I take the title of Archduke of SmashGAF?

Bishonianism is the state religion of the Capitaladrius. You have to convert beforehand.

Portalbox

Huh? I'm pretty sure most of HW's DLC is coming via patches, but it's not on the disc itself.

J@hranimo

Banned
Didn't you ever play Melee?

As soon as I played the demo I figured it out...but I'm glad this time there's a visual indication.

Of course, but for some reason when I held R down it sometimes chose the Melee Battlefield music and sometimes it didn't. My R button has been acting wonky for a while now so that could be it too.

zjizRvu.png

):

I stand corrected then.

In the US at least, the only Nintendo games I've seen discounted on the primary market before the system's end-of-life or the end of their print run were Sticker Star and Other M.

I'm not even in the UK, but all you have to do is look at the ASP on Wii U games and realize it's £30 to the PS4/XB1's £41-42, probably because it's sucking so badly over there.

curiously enough, this also means that the average 3DS game is also only £5 cheaper than your average Wii U game

(of course in the US the games tend to do better unless you're Metroid: Other M)

December 31st is always the place holder date.

But guys. we can't be so sure about Novermber 21st.

It's possible that the only reason we're seeing that pop up all over the place is because it's supposed to come out sometime this year, has no official date yet, and hey, if so and so is promoting that street date, I may as well promote it too.

It's possible that the only reason we're seeing that pop up all over the place is because it's supposed to come out sometime this year, has no official date yet, and hey, if so and so is promoting that street date, I may as well promote it too.
Pretty much, it could be they have no clue about the date and that is an estimate.
The Fall Direct will show when though.

Timeaisis

December 31st is always the place holder date.

Maybe the real date is October 10th. :p

Roo

Because Hyrule Warriors is a Nintendo game..
I love when people just spread ignorance.

Portalbox

Because Hyrule Warriors is a Nintendo game..
I love when people just spread ignorance.

If it had all the content on-disc, why release it next year? Again, the actual content is getting downloaded to your game via patches, and the game will check if you have bought the unlock key.

Neiteio

Hey Nintendo, easy money (DLC idea):

Make Isabelle a playable clone of Villager.

Make Digby an Assist Trophy clone of Isabelle's Assist Trophy.

When Isabelle is in play, the Isabelle AT does not appear. Digby does instead.

Isabelle is hugely popular and already headlining MK8 DLC. People will pay to play as her in Smash.

Dimmle

Every post without /s or any other visual indication will get a serious reply. Not even trying to recognize sarcasm on the internet anymore. Failure rate too high.

Sorry, truly didn't mean to be snarky. I intended "Ridley franchise" to be the tell there but you can never be too sure about how you'll be read.

I never knew about this alternate music trick's existence in Melee. Now I just want to jump into Big Blue and listen to Mach Rider all day long.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
Sorry, truly didn't mean to be snarky. I intended "Ridley franchise" to be the tell there but you can never be too sure about how you'll be read.

I never knew about this alternate music trick's existence in Melee. Now I just want to jump into Big Blue and listen to Mach Rider all day long.

Really? I remember discovering it quite easily...although to be fair the game never told you, and not every stage had this feature.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom