• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U POTD Thread 17: Smash 3DS Discussion @ OT PLS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fiktion

Banned
I say 'anime characters' because I know you guys know exactly what I mean.

I really don't. There's nothing anime about Fatal Frame, it's as close to modern realism as you're going to get out of Japan and it has a completely different aesthetic from any other franchise in Smash Bros. If anything they're trying to invoke The Ring and other traditional Japanese horror films.

Seriously show me another character on the roster that looks anything like this.

tumblr_nboxnmXsC71ryogvco2_r2_250.gif
tumblr_nboxnmXsC71ryogvco3_250.gif
tumblr_nboxnmXsC71ryogvco6_250.gif

tumblr_nc2vui5y3O1rj3x1bo2_250.gif

tumblr_nbxmdbUJi61tjvv94o2_500.gif

Jawmuncher

I really don't. There's nothing anime about Fatal Frame, it's as close to modern realism as you're going to get out of Japan and it has a completely different aesthetic from any other franchise in Smash Bros. If anything they're trying to invoke The Ring and other traditional Japanese horror films.

Seriously show me another character on the roster that looks anything like this.

Well Snake kinda fell into that category. More realistic at least for japan's standards.
supersmashbros-snake.jpg

tumblr_nboxnmXsC71ryogvco6_250.gif

tumblr_nc2vui5y3O1rj3x1bo2_250.gif

too realistic-looking for Horizon

Kappa

J-Tier

I would've thought that Fatal Frame would be unfitting for Smash, then after hearing the J-Pop in the trailer, it convinced me that Fatal Frame fits perfectly into Smash.

Richie

Show of (Master) hands; who, like me, followed BiTF since its very beginnings, when Matthew was just doing the first strips and never imagined he'd do a webcomic for six years, and...teared up with tonight's strip?

Zubz

Banned
Show of (Master) hands; who, like me, followed BiTF since its very beginnings, when Matthew was just doing the first strips and never imagined he'd do a webcomic for six years, and...teared up with tonight's strip?

Unfortunately, no, but that has to make this even more touching for those of you who had! I'm kinda jealous.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
I've been reading since the first few comics and I thought the finale was the blandest thing he could have done. I feel disappointed, not sad.

Richie

Unfortunately, no, but that has to make this even more touching for those of you who had! I'm kinda jealous.

It is a very fuzzy, nice feeling. But hey, you can always start from day one with the books' compilation! There's a wonderful webcomic out there, Narbonic, which I didn't find out about until it had already ended...read the entirety of it over the course of a couple weeks, and the finale hit me good, too. You can have the warm feels as well.

I've been reading since the first few comics and I thought the finale was the blandest thing he could have done. I feel disappointed, not sad.

You know, up until this strip, I really wasn't feeling much for this arc. Like, it had its amusing moments, but it was evoking more feelings of "this'd be an alright arc on its own right, but as the very last one, it's lacking". However, today's strip totally justified it. I'm a sucker for meta stories, and I'm also a softie at heart, I guess, and damn, it just got me.

But hey, this isn't the -last- strip yet. Apparently there's a song coming. And albeit knowing Matt it'll surely have sugar to spare (which ain't necessarily a bad thing in my book) who knows, he may have taken this arc's finale as a chance to lay out the sweets, then preparing something in a whole different atmosphere for the 600th strip.

That would be me as well. So much has changed since I started reading that comic. It seems unreal that 6 years has passed since then.

I haven't decided what tier I'm in for the Kickstarter. $115 for all three paperback with third signed and special thanks is the economical one. But for only $65 more I can get all hardcover, slipcase and all signed. Still can I really drop $180 on some webcomics when there's a cheaper option?

I don't think they'll ever be another solely Nintendo fan comic as big as this one. It especially won't have the non-blue humor. I all appreciated how clean everything was. It's wonderful to consistently make laughs without going vulgar.

Not that there's anything wrong with that. South Park continues to be one of my favorite shows of all time. Maybe that's what made BitF so special. It was such an outlier to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom