• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U POTD Thread 17: Smash 3DS Discussion @ OT PLS

Status
Not open for further replies.
zlCfzSftNKwJyS4bCv

Golnei

Hard to see those outlines. I wonder how visible they will be on the actual game.

Hopefully, we should be able to increase the thickness. Though seeing as they're usually going to be used to complement rather than replace team colours, it shouldn't be too much of an issue.

The wii u version looks so god damned good.
Yeah. Charizard in particular looks great in this shot.

As for not being able to see the outlines, I'm not too worried as I've never had trouble remembering who was on my team; honestly, I wish you could just turn any kind of team indicator off completely, but this works fine.

random25

Hopefully, we should be able to increase the thickness. Though seeing as they're usually going to be used to complement rather than replace team colours, it shouldn't be too much of an issue.

Agree. Not much of an issue, but if it can be thickened to a degree then very much appreciated.

You're not. I think people need to get their eyes checked.

It's easy to see on Charizard and Falcon. But it really needs to take a closer look at both Mario and Link as the outline color blends with their costume color.

Masked Man

I said wow
Today's Picture of the Day:
I added colored outlines to help distinguish teams on the 3DS. So what about the Wii U? Well, it's just as you see here. Although the outlines look pretty thin in this picture, their width remains the same at all times. In other words, the further away the camera pulls (and the smaller the fighters appear), the more visible the outlines will be.

I added colored outlines to help distinguish teams on the 3DS. So what about the Wii U? Well, it's just as you see here. Although the outlines look pretty thin in this picture, their width remains the same at all times. In other words, the further away the camera pulls (and the smaller the fighters appear), the more visible the outlines will be.
Ah, well...there's that explained. Much better than forcing me into a color palette I don't want to use.

Golnei

Sounds like that'll help a lot. It'd be nice to have a zoomed-out picture to demonstrate it, though...

Here's how invisible those outlines are :

I didn't know till I came in here and saw you guys talking about outlines that that's what the PotD was about

Good, although i dont like seeing them at all

JB2448

The Smash Bros. Facebook page updated with the pic of the day before Miiverse did. Something seems up.
Smash Bros. Facebook said:
In the 3DS version, your fighter gets outlined by your team color. So, how does this work in the Wii U version? Check out this screenshot. In this picture, the outlines may seem faint, but the color intensity is consistent. This means that the farther away and smaller your fighter appears on the screen, the clearer the colors will look.

2 days until the 3DS version is out in Germany.

I'm excited for it but it still feels like I'm not getting the real deal. I really wish I could play the WiiU version...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom