• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U POTD Thread 17: Smash 3DS Discussion @ OT PLS

Status
Not open for further replies.
So how many people will be skipping the 3DS version?
I'm not really happy with the controls or the local play lag, so I think I'll just skip it and wait for the Wii U version.
One day when it's on sale, I'll probably get it. Just not at launch.

Jawmuncher

I'm not really happy with the controls or the local play lag, so I think I'll just skip it and wait for the Wii U version.

I would have bought it regardless.
However I won't be investing much time into it aside from getting all the characters and playing with friends online. For me it really is just a stop gap before the WiiU.

KHlover

Banned
I'll buy it, but the decline in playtime will be DRASTIC once the WiiU version releases.

Same. 3DS version is nothing but a small fix to hold me over until the WiiU version releases.
Yeah, I was on the side of "both games are great", but the reviews tell a different story. Right now Smash 3DS is a portable fix until the Wii U version comes out. I will still be playing the 3DS version while away from home though. The novelty of a portable Smash is still neat.

Veeboy

I know I'm skipping it since I rarely if ever double dip on a game. I've got a lot of DS/3DS backlog I could spend the money and time on for in lieu of Smash 3DS, and since I'll be buying Smash Wii U I don't see any reason to pick it up for the 3DS.

That plus the demo didn't feel "right" to me with the controls. I played it for a decent while, but I'm still not really feeling it.

Both versions are the real deal.

Sure, if you're into hand cramps, worse controls, no multiplayer on one TV, etc.

Don't get me wrong, the 3DS version will be great and I will play it plenty of hours. But let's not pretend it will be anywhere as good as the WiiU one.

KHlover

Banned
Yeah, I was on the side of "both games are great", but the reviews tell a different story. Right now Smash 3DS is a portable fix until the Wii U version comes out. I will still be playing the 3DS version while away from home though. The novelty of a portable Smash is still neat.
I'm sure I'll have lots of fun with the 3DS version, but Local Multiplayer requiring one console+game per person alone make it the inferior version to me.

That's without mentioning graphics, sound, animation, controls etc.

My biggest issue so far with the 3DS version is the lack of content. The absence of Event Mode is pretty glaring, nevermind Target Mode. Smash Run looks really boring, but I need to try it first I guess.

At least Classic Mode looks better than Brawl's.

Forkball

Smash Run is better than I expected and is probably the best way to get custom items. I can see people not liking it at all though.

cmklkTl.png

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
I just played through event mode once and then never really touched it so it's absence isn't a big deal in my opinion.

I am. I played the demo but couldn't get into it.

I'd much rather play the game on my tv with a GC controller.

I only play my 3DS at home so portability doesn't matter to me.

I'll be skipping it, but that was the plan all along.

I suppose I'll have to get it if you get exclusive characters for owning both versions (ugh) but I won't have the money for that til next year.

My biggest issue so far with the 3DS version is the lack of content. The absence of Event Mode is pretty glaring, nevermind Target Mode. Smash Run looks really boring, but I need to try it first I guess.

At least Classic Mode looks better than Brawl's.
Yeah, it is the same issue I had with Marvel vs. Capcom 3 when it came out because it barely had any modes. Smash 3DS at least has more modes than MvC3, but still feels barren. It is also my main issue with MK8 because now only having a Race Mode makes it feel more empty.

Yeah, it is the same issue I had with Marvel vs. Capcom 3 when it came out because it barely had any modes. Smash 3DS at least has more modes than MvC3, but still feels barren. It is also my main issue with MK8 because now only having a Race Mode makes it feel more empty.

Mario Kart 8 has battle mode

Kappa

If shopto ship today and I'm reeeeally lucky then hopefully I can play tomorrow. I'm so excited, but still waiting on a Wii U date to be confirmed

69wpm

2 days until the 3DS version is out in Germany.

I'm excited for it but it still feels like I'm not getting the real deal. I really wish I could play the WiiU version...

It's already out in some places like Saturn in Köln. People on twitter have reported buying the game, so try your luck.

I am. I played the demo but couldn't get into it.

I'd much rather play the game on my tv with a GC controller.

I only play my 3DS at home so portability doesn't matter to me.

I'm in much the same boat. When I'm away from home, I'm busy. Also GCN controller is the best.

That is a delightful icon you have there. Who is it?

So here's a riddle for you, SmashGAF, since the 3DS' international launch is imminent:
Who will be the first secret veteran to be revealed in the PotD, and who will be the first secret newcomer?

emb

So here's a riddle for you, SmashGAF, since the 3DS' international launch is imminent:
Who will be the first secret veteran to be revealed in the PotD, and who will be the first secret newcomer?
First secret veteran will be Falco. Or is it Ness? One of those is definitely first.

First secret newcomer? There's only four options I think... I'm gonna go with Dark Pit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom