• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U POTD Thread 17: Smash 3DS Discussion @ OT PLS

Status
Not open for further replies.

exfatal

tumblr_ncq6x9HFjk1sntotwo1_1280.jpg

Anyone see this yet?

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
I wouldn't because Studio SHAFT. Contrary to what most people will mean when they say this, my only reason for being against it is because they've never shown that they have the animation chops to do the action sequences some justice. Give it to BONES and make sure Yutaka Nakamura leads for best results.
Let's revive Mitsuo Iso and get him to do something worthwhile while we are at it.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Duckhunt Duo makes sense. Better than just Duckhunt or Duckhunt Dog imo

Nope, I disagreed with you there.

Think about it. Duck, Dog and Imaginary Hunter so that should be trio, not duo. Duck and Dog don't make red aim tarot appeared, and acting scared when it almost hit duck and dog.

Also Duck Hunt summoned the characters there as well.

Nope, I disagreed with you there.

Think about it. Duck, Dog and Imaginary Hunter so that should be trio, not duo. Duck and Dog don't make red aim tarot appeared, and acting scared when it almost hit duck and dog.

Also Duck Hunt summoned the characters there as well.
I get your point, but the Duck and Dog are the only actual characters in battle. The Zapper is just part of the moves.

VegiHam

I mean, I don't like the name 'Duck Hunt' because it isn't a name. Link isn't called 'Legend of Zelda' and Lucario isn't called 'Pokemon Diamond/Pearl' so I prefer 'Duck Hunt Duo' as a name for the characters from Duck Hunt. Just like I prefer Mr Game and Watch to be named that rather than just Game and Watch.

Duck Hunt Trio or Duck Hunters or Duck Hunt Dog would've been better. Or just 'Hunter'.

I've heard people getting lucky with early copies at Walmart FYI.

Order online for pickup in your local store, wait for confirmation and it's basically yours.

I mean, I don't like the name 'Duck Hunt' because it isn't a name. Link isn't called 'Legend of Zelda' and Lucario isn't called 'Pokemon Diamond/Pearl' so I prefer 'Duck Hunt Duo' as a name for the characters from Duck Hunt. Just like I prefer Mr Game and Watch to be named that rather than just Game and Watch.

Duck Hunt Trio or Duck Hunters or Duck Hunt Dog would've been better. Or just 'Hunter'.
But Donkey Kong is called Donkey Kong!

got a source?
What kind of source? It's not like there would be articles of street dates being broken. Just people on Reddit and other social media sites saying it worked for them.

It's actually a pretty interesting loop hole. Most games don't show in Stock until Street date but since Smash 4 does it is easy pickings. By the time you go in its all paid for, in their system they just check your confirmation, give you the game and you are off.

Would depend if the staff would let it go through
This is how some people got Hyrule Warriors a day early at Best Buy/

Sadly im not that close to Syracuse so I can't try.

Hmm my stores on the "store pick-up" page that they won't have it until the 7th. But once I go to my cart page it says available for pick-up today.

Any idea what's going on?

DrStiles

Would depend if the staff would let it go through
This is how some people got Hyrule Warriors a day early at Best Buy/

Sadly im not that close to Syracuse so I can't try.

Hmm the only walmart that is showing me "Today" is about an hour drive away... Anyone have success with this?

Jawmuncher

Hmm the only walmart that is showing me "Today" is about an hour drive away... Anyone have success with this?

Hmm my stores on the "store pick-up" page that they won't have it until the 7th. But once I go to my cart page it says available for pick-up today.

Any idea what's going on?

I haven't seen any success with this on reddit so I would hold off until there's a actual confirmation. Also think it's a issue with the website about the game in cart saying available today when it's not available on the tracker.

I haven't seen any success with this on reddit so I would hold off until there's a actual confirmation. Also think it's a issue with the website about the game in cart saying available today when it's not available on the tracker.
I got my confirmation pickup email so I'm going to stop down there after work and see.

I've paid for it already and have a scheduled pickup time. We will see if they let it go through.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
Can't wait to play as my favorite Smash Brother, Super Mario Bros. USA

UvnyiRF.jpg

Did I mention he's gross?

Well looks like we have tester now.
Yeah I still will be at work for four more hours but I'll be sure to let you guys know.

With my pickup, the copy of the game will be at the back of the store and not in the electronics section which should make it easier. Just need my email and an ID and I should be able to get it no problem.

Which name Duck Hunt gets depends on how you see them.

"Duck Hunt" represents everything in the Duck Hunt game, the dog, the duck, the hunter and his pals, etc.

"Duck Hunt Duo" represents the two who are on the battlefield at all times, the dog and the duck.

To me, it just comes down to if you see the hunters as an actual team/ part of the dog & duck, or just tools for the dog & duck to use.

Jawmuncher

Yeah I still will be at work for four more hours but I'll be sure to let you guys know.

With my pickup, the copy of the game will be at the back of the store and not in the electronics section which should make it easier. Just need my email and an ID and I should be able to get it no problem.

By chance can you tell me if the store said pick up available when you searched on it's page or did it only say pick up available when you added it to cart.

charlemagne55

Neo Member
new to the thread. i was just wondering, has it been talked about why dark pit is a full character? so many characters could have filled that slot. someone from golden sun, sin and punishment, or advance wars. and if theyre gonna put a dark character in (which imo is a terrible choice), shouldnt it be the "dark hunter" aka dark samus? that character is actually more than just a different color samus, and metroid is missing representation

Yeah but when you add it to your cart some of them show up as "pick up today."

Right now we're trying to figure out if it's just a glitch or if those stores actually have it.
Reports are that stores have it but won't sell it. Walmart included. Its worth a shot with in store pickup to be honest.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom