• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U POTD Thread 17: Smash 3DS Discussion @ OT PLS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Neiteio

"Duck Hunt Duo" is stupid since you're actually playing as a trio.
They can easily say you're just baiting that third person (the shooter) into firing at the cans/clay pigeons, though. Same with summoning the Wild Gunman.

That being said, it's going to take some time to get acclimated to Duck Hunt Duo now that I'm already acclimated to the name Duck Hunt.

It's "Duck Hunt Duo" because the dog betrayed the master and joined up with the ducks. That's why the dog is in constant danger whenever he does a smash attack.

Ryce

They can easily say you're just baiting that third person (the shooter) into firing at the cans/clay pigeons, though. Same with summoning the Wild Gunman.
Summoning the Wild Gunman sprites is more akin to Dedede's Gordo and Zelda's Phantom -- you use them as an assist, but you don't actually play as them. The smash attack gunshots and can/pigeon follow-ups are controlled entirely by you as the off-screen hunter, so the "duo" part of the name rubs me the wrong way.

Sometimes NoE makes the weirdest name changes.

Yep.

Changed a lot of vehicle and track names in MKW and MK7.
Changed Find Mii to Streetpast Quest.
Changed Swapnote to Nintendo Letterbox
Changed Dream Team to Dream Team Bros.
Changed Paluetna's Tempe to Skyworld even though there's a Skyworld in Brawl.

There's probably more but that's all I know.

Neiteio

Summoning the Wild Gunman sprites is more akin to Dedede's Gordo and Zelda's Phantom -- you use them as an assist, but you don't actually play as them. The smash attack gunshots and can/pigeon follow-ups are controlled entirely by you as the off-screen hunter, so the "duo" part of the name rubs me the wrong way.
Hey, I've been talking about the concept of Duck Hunt as a three-in-one character since last year. I understand where you're coming from. But I can also see how they could view it as the dog and duck baiting the shooter, in which case you're not directly controlling the shooter, conceptually speaking.

Can't wait to get official renders on all the characters. Gonna be awhile, despite the game being out-ish.
Yeah when will they update the site to include all the characters? The leak did ruin whatever rollout we might have received, so things seem kind of up in the air now.

The text dump seems to have the NA localized text in it, right? Can we can confirm that has "Duck Hunt" rather than "Duck Hunt Duo" (if it has localized character names)?

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
I found it hilarious how people are complaining about Duck Hunt Duo. It really take me back to time where people actually complaining about the name, "Duck Hunt." Now people want to keep Duck Hunt.

Yeah when will they update the site to include all the characters? The leak did ruin whatever rollout we might have received, so things seem kind of up in the air now.
Sakurai has said that he's holding off on revealing secret content (characters) until the game ships worldwide, so we should start seeing them by at least Monday I would think.

They aren't the highest quality and are definitely inferior to what would be uploaded to the website.

Ryce

I still haven't seen any proof that the character is called "Duck Hunt" in America. I don't see anything in Lunar15's post history about him owning the American version of the game.

I found it hilarious how people are complaining about Duck Hunt Duo. It really take me back to time where people actually complaining about the name, "Duck Hunt." Now people want to keep Duck Hunt.

Well I'm not complaining. I just think NoE's name changes in general are just so random and pointless.

ffdgh

The duo part is unneeded fluff. It would be like saying Banjo and Kazooie duo. :p

Son Of D

I still haven't seen any proof that the character is called "Duck Hunt" in America. I don't see anything in Lunar15's post history about him owning the American version of the game.

From the ESRB leak:

Leak_2.jpg

A gang of five outlaws from the Wild West, these fellows are quick to brandish their pistols. In fact, the moment they hear "Fire!" they start shooting. A member of the gang will show up whenever Duck Hunt does a down special move. Watch out for the gang's leader—he's quick!

from the text dump

he's referred to consistently as "duck hunt" in the english text from the text dump, which we know is from the NA localization because the trophy descriptions match those of the ESRB leak

Actually it's more compatible to Wii Fit Trainer: [Game Name][Entity]. It's nothing like Dream Team Bros.

it was in reference to nintendo's european localizations having the tendency to make name changes for seemingly no reason at all, including tacking on extra words such as dream team to dream team bros

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom