• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U POTD Thread 17: Smash 3DS Discussion @ OT PLS

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm pretty sure I saw "customisation" and "personalise" on the main menu, and the Find Mii stage is called StreetPass Quest.
I don't really understand
1. How the heck a random dude from the U.S. get a pre release European copy
2. Why everyone is so sure the names would be different from two English versions of the game...

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
So according to Bum1six3 (ex top melee player and current fgc streamer) his friend found a L cancel type mechanic and will eventually show it, hopefully its true.

Is the same one that someone found awhile ago? (someone found it in demo iirc?) I guess we will see then.

It hasn't yet. An American streamer has a PAL copy, so maybe that's where the confusion comes from.

Really? Someone told me that it was american copy.

Edited: NVM about American/European version since I just caught up.

Zubz

Banned
Oh yeah, georly posted this in the OT, but out of curiosity, what's this screen from again? I vaguely remember the chests but nothing about when I saw it or what purpose it serves:

wbu9PDs.jpg

Oh yeah, georly posted this in the OT, but out of curiosity, what's this screen from again? I vaguely remember the chests but nothing about when I saw it or what purpose it serves:

It's from those press pics released after Smash direct, just a WiiU exclusive box item I'd say.

Enforced

off-topic but I saw this on the front page of reddit and immediately thought of troubled bat. :p

I'm not sure if this is allowed but let me know and I'll edit.

I can't wait to get the gamecube adapter. It's going to be feel good going back to play with gamecube controller again.

Popnbake

Zubz

Banned
Guess: Tower of Smash rewards.

It's from those press pics released after Smash direct, just a WiiU exclusive box item I'd say.

Thanks! I wondered why I remember that pic without knowing what it was.

Didn't we disprove the Tower of Smash leak, though? Mute City and Magicant aren't marked with the other Between-Versions Stages like Gaur Plains and the Boxing Ring. I doubt it's something as basic as a Crate skin, though; why would that, of all things, be a version-exclusive item? I think this is bigger than it looks, even if it's not quite Tower of Smash.

Incidentally, now I miss the Egg container again.

The fan is GONE!? :(

I'm a Lucas main, and I'm livid (Well, harsh word, but close) about the Ice Climbers being gone for an insignificant reason, but this is hands-down the worst cut.

Not really sure where we're all at on this, but I can 100% confirm that it's just "Duck Hunt" in the US version. It's not "Duck Hunt Duo" or anything else; my guess is that's the European version or something.

Hey, now that X is in, maybe he can be a clone down the road? I really feel bad for the guy Fighting Game-wise; him and the Star Force Mega Man are the only ones that haven't been in a fighting game yet. The closest X has gotten is either here as Mega Man's FS or as an alt in UMvC3, but not only is it DLC, it's still just Zero/Frank West, they're just wearing X's costume.

On that note, I think the Mega Man X Highway Music is the only song played at the Smash Bros. Invitational that's not in the 3DS version, which is a tease; as one of the hypest songs in gaming, I really want to hear what they did with it remix-wise!

I too am really bummed out about X getting the fighting game shaft, especially when he's probably the one Mega Man character most well-suited to being in a fighting game alongside Zero (but he's just so much cooler than Zero). That said, I wouldn't be happy with him as a clone; canonically, he's many, many times more powerful than Mega Man and doesn't use any of the same weapons (and is a lot taller, to boot), so it just wouldn't feel authentic (in the same way that having him as an alt skin for Zero in MvC 3 didn't feel authentic).

He really, really should have been in MvC 3. He was the #1 most-requested character by fans, after all; too bad Niitsuma has this weird hate for the Mega Man series.

Going back to the clone discussion for a bit, I honestly think the only suitable clone/alt for Mega Man (at least in Smash) would be Proto Man. They're the same size and generally have the same abilities, and the Proto Shield could just be stored on his back (and not have a gameplay use).

Neoxon

Not really sure where we're all at on this, but I can 100% confirm that it's just "Duck Hunt" in the US version. It's not "Duck Hunt Duo" or anything else; my guess is that's the European version or something.

I too am really bummed out about X getting the fighting game shaft, especially when he's probably the one Mega Man character most well-suited to being in a fighting game alongside Zero (but he's just so much cooler than Zero). That said, I wouldn't be happy with him as a clone; canonically, he's many, many times more powerful than Mega Man and doesn't use any of the same weapons (and is a lot taller, to boot), so it just wouldn't feel authentic (in the same way that having him as an alt skin for Zero in MvC 3 didn't feel authentic).

He really, really should have been in MvC 3. He was the #1 most-requested character by fans, after all; too bad Niitsuma has this weird hate for the Mega Man series.

Going back to the clone discussion for a bit, I honestly think the only suitable clone/alt for Mega Man (at least in Smash) would be Proto Man. They're the same size and generally have the same abilities, and the Proto Shield could just be stored on his back (and not have a gameplay use).
Kenji actually hand-picked Zero & Tron Bonne for MvC3. Why they didn't go back & add Mega Man to Ultimate is beyond me, but oh well.

Neoxon

tumblr_n9xm56j2vW1sjizqyo1_500.gif

Does Nosferatu have good start-up? I know it's hard to tell from the gif, but it kinda seems like it takes a bit for the move to get going.

solomon

Is the same one that someone found awhile ago? (someone found it in demo iirc?) I guess we will see then.

Really? Someone told me that it was american copy.

Edited: NVM about American/European version since I just caught up.

Not sure but I was just watching his stream and he says it seems like raw tech (no items used to boost stats) hopefully we will know soon.

Neoxon

Shoulda been Megaman, Zero, Bass.EXE and Tron. That would have been the best series quartet free.
If MvC4 ever happens, Mega Man will be the least of our troubles.
Wolverine & Deadpool, & the Legacy Top-Tier Trio from MvC2....& Doom ;_;

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom