• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U POTD Thread 17: Smash 3DS Discussion @ OT PLS

Status
Not open for further replies.
zlCfzSf4dgMGlpz5pK

Pic of the day. This is the Orbital Gate stage. This is a Wii U version-exclusive stage reenacting Team Star Fox's defense of the Orbital Gate from an Aparoid missile attack.

zlCfzSf4dmIcWCqqkZ

Missiles are launched towards the Orbital Gate! The force field shields the machinery for a while, and the missiles eventually get shot down by team Star Fox. Overall, this stage feels like a ride. It's pretty hectic, so hold on tight!

zlCfzSf4dp8qHQrVmU

The Arwings are passing through the gate! And the fighters hop on for a free ride!!

zlCfzSf4dgMGlpz5pK

Pic of the day. This is the Orbital Gate stage. This is a Wii U version-exclusive stage reenacting Team Star Fox's defense of the Orbital Gate from an Aparoid missile attack.

zlCfzSf4dmIcWCqqkZ

Missiles are launched towards the Orbital Gate! The force field shields the machinery for a while, and the missiles eventually get shot down by team Star Fox. Overall, this stage feels like a ride. It's pretty hectic, so hold on tight!

zlCfzSf4dp8qHQrVmU

The Arwings are passing through the gate! And the fighters hop on for a free ride!!

HOLY SHIT!!!

zlCfzSf4dgMGlpz5pK

zlCfzSf4dmIcWCqqkZ

zlCfzSf4dp8qHQrVmU

Damn this look very good

Zubz

Banned

WHERE'S YOUR RIDLEY PIC NOW, NEOXON?!

There's no way this level's going be tourney-legal, but I don't care. It looks BEAUTIFUL, and rather intense as well. Like, seriously, this is what we need from a Star Fox level.

I really hope we aren't shown every Wii U stage before launch, though. I want at least 4-5 non Brawl ones to be unspoiled! I'd be cool with Classic Stages from the first 2 that weren't also in Brawl being huge secrets, though.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
I guess this deconfirms the Tower of Smash, the Star Fox was just called like "Great Fox".

Surprised it's based off Assault and not 64 (3D)

This stage alone nullifies the entire 3DS version. No wonder they're releasing that garbage version first.

Dude. Stop.

zlCfzSf4dgMGlpz5pK

zlCfzSf4dmIcWCqqkZ

zlCfzSf4dp8qHQrVmU

Looks awesome, really glad they thought of a way of working in a Star Fox stage without repeating the same 'just fight ontop of a largely feature-less Great Fox' for the fourth time in a row. I'd question why it's Assault rather than SF643DS or the original, but Namco being involved probably made the choice easier.

Really hoping the inevitable DKCR stage is similarly elaborate. Either way, feeling a lot better about Smash Wii U's situation in regards to stages.

J@hranimo

Banned
zlCfzSf4dgMGlpz5pK

zlCfzSf4dmIcWCqqkZ

zlCfzSf4dp8qHQrVmU

OMFG!!!!!

SAKURAI IS COMING THROUGH!

zlCfzSf4dgMGlpz5pK

zlCfzSf4dmIcWCqqkZ

zlCfzSf4dp8qHQrVmU

1412146123-ion2uf9frg85z.gif

Loco4Coco

Lol, decided to check out the POTD and it's a nice WiiU stage.

Edit: Fox and ZSS? That Metroid/StarFox crossover game confirmed.

Zubz

Banned
It had a Star Fox stage in there I think.

Yeah, but it was called "Great Fox." I was able to give it calling the "Gamer" stage "Game & Wario" since both are pretty generic names, with one being the name of the minigame and the other being the name of the complete package, but this clearly isn't just the Great Fox for a 4th time. I'm taking "Orbital Gate" or nothing here.

Looks awesome, really glad they thought of a way of working in a Star Fox stage without repeating the same 'just fight ontop of a largely feature-less Great Fox' for the fourth time in a row. I'd question why it's Assault rather than SF643DS or the original, but Namco being involved probably made the choice easier.

Really hoping the inevitable DKCR stage is similarly elaborate. Either way, feeling a lot better about Smash Wii U's situation in regards to stages.
I remember Sakurai having some quote about trying to make "bigger, more expansive" stages for the Wii U version and this definitely fits the bill. Still holding out for a Grassland Groove or Bramble Blast stage of this proportion.

J@hranimo

Banned
All of a sudden, Starfox Wii U hype surges through my veins and we know nothing of that game yet.

Still hype for the 3DS version though!

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
zlCfzSf4dgMGlpz5pK

zlCfzSf4dmIcWCqqkZ

zlCfzSf4dp8qHQrVmU

OH GOD ITS SO BEAUTIFUL

Jesus Christ dude, you have got be the biggest fucking wet blanket ever. We get it. You don't like the 3DS version.

I already have it pre-ordered. That doesn't change the fact that it looks about three generations behind compared to this, and yet the Wii U version has suffered because of it. Sorry for having a negative opinion.

Could be he saw it and didn't know what to call it.

Oh come on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom