• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U POTD Thread 17: Smash 3DS Discussion @ OT PLS

Status
Not open for further replies.
New stage looks absolutely gorgeous. Hope there are plenty more new Wii U stages.

As for the leak I always thought it was fake but it had my most wanted characters along with others I would have loved like Impa. Had it been true I would have had no complaints about the roster... so it had to be false.

solomon

zlCfzSf4dgMGlpz5pK

Pic of the day. This is the Orbital Gate stage. This is a Wii U version-exclusive stage reenacting Team Star Fox's defense of the Orbital Gate from an Aparoid missile attack.

zlCfzSf4dmIcWCqqkZ

Missiles are launched towards the Orbital Gate! The force field shields the machinery for a while, and the missiles eventually get shot down by team Star Fox. Overall, this stage feels like a ride. It's pretty hectic, so hold on tight!

zlCfzSf4dp8qHQrVmU

The Arwings are passing through the gate! And the fighters hop on for a free ride!!
Holy shit this looks amazing and honestly from the pictures looks competitively viable, and even if its not this is getting rotation in my group.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
So, that's 2 new Stages (well, we saw a bit of this...but still) in less than a week.

Gives me hope we have a lot of Stages left.

I already have it pre-ordered. That doesn't change the fact that it looks about three generations behind compared to this, and yet the Wii U version has suffered because of it. Sorry for having a negative opinion.
I don't mind someone having a negative opinion, but bringing it up constantly gets tiring. I'm only speaking for myself here, and of course you can post how you like, but I just don't see the point of it always being part of a comment, especially in a case like this where it has nothing to do with the stage. I'm really annoyed we're losing a character (and potentially more unrevealed things), but...we get it. We got it the first twenty times you mentioned it, too.

Again, my opinion, I'm not your boss, feel free to ignore me.

ugoo18

zlCfzSf4dgMGlpz5pK

Pic of the day. This is the Orbital Gate stage. This is a Wii U version-exclusive stage reenacting Team Star Fox's defense of the Orbital Gate from an Aparoid missile attack.

zlCfzSf4dmIcWCqqkZ

Missiles are launched towards the Orbital Gate! The force field shields the machinery for a while, and the missiles eventually get shot down by team Star Fox. Overall, this stage feels like a ride. It's pretty hectic, so hold on tight!

zlCfzSf4dp8qHQrVmU

The Arwings are passing through the gate! And the fighters hop on for a free ride!!

Now that's a damm good update

Forkball

*throws 3DS version in trash*

That level looks fantastic. Not a fan of Assault, but it's an obvious inclusion considering Namco worked on that game.

So, that's 2 new Stages (well, we saw a bit of this...but still) in less than a week.

Gives me hope we have a lot of Stages left.
Here's hoping. I'm at least hoping the Wii U stage has one stage for each franchise. Even if we have to bring some new stages over from the 3DS, I'll take it...just because I want Magicant on the Wii U.

*throws 3DS version in trash*

That level looks fantastic. Not a fan of Assault, but it's an obvious inclusion considering Namco worked on that game.
Oh yeah, I hadn't thought of that. Not a huge Assault fan either, but the art design looks great here in HD.

Neiteio

I loved Star Fox Assault back in the day, so I'm really digging this stage

Question, though: For the missile phase (second screenshot), do you just stand on it while the missile drills in place? And then after a while it's shot down and you drop onto the Arwings entering the gate?

Golnei

Orbital Gate looks amazing, but I really hope its not too gimmicky when you're playing it - chaos is fun if it's well-directed, but miserable if it significantly impedes your options and abilities.

Orbital Gate looks amazing, but I really hope its not too gimmicky when you're playing it - chaos is fun if it's well-directed, but miserable if it significantly impedes your options and abilities.
It doesn't seem too gimmicky. Every portion they've show here has a good platform layout; assuming the transitions are good (which so far seem to work better than in Brawl), I think it'll be fine.

zlCfzSf4dgMGlpz5pK

zlCfzSf4dmIcWCqqkZ

zlCfzSf4dp8qHQrVmU

*sniff* So beautiful...

EDIT:
Now listening to SFA OST.

JoeM86

It's so beautiful. I always love the Starfox stages, they are always a beautiful ride (except Corneria...yawn), and this looks just stunning.

J@hranimo

Banned
Assault was pretty cool, but the on foot sections were kinda a chore. If that's back in the next game I hope they make those segments better.

Anyway I feel there's quite a few Wii U stages we don't know about yet. also I'm a firm believer that Magicant will be on the Wii U as well.

Yeah, but it was called "Great Fox." I was able to give it calling the "Gamer" stage "Game & Wario" since both are pretty generic names, with one being the name of the minigame and the other being the name of the complete package, but this clearly isn't just the Great Fox for a 4th time. I'm taking "Orbital Gate" or nothing here.
I said with the 'Gamer' stage it didn't really make that one /v/ leak more or less believable (technically the right stage but wrong name, game that was arguably likely to get a stage rep), and honestly I feel the same way with this one. You still fight on the Great Fox for a certain period of time, and unless you feel Sal's source just got lucky leaks can be off about certain things yet right overall.

I'm leaning towards it being fake though. Impa reeeeeeeeeally doesn't fit anywhere on the character roster unlike Ridley/Dixie/Chorus Kids/Mewtwo can.

Golnei

I imagine it's like Arena Ferox x2.

It doesn't seem too gimmicky. Every portion they've show here has a good platform layout; assuming the transitions are good (which so far seem to work better than in Brawl), I think it'll be fine.

I hope that's the case. Visually, it's perfect; and the layouts we've seen look pretty good, so hopefully there's no game-breaking elements like Flying Man or Yellow Devil to ruin everything.

Neiteio

Since the Arwings pass through the gate, I wonder if this stage will include the Aparoid Homeworld, as well. That'd be crazy.

And yeah, this stage seems more like Pilotwings than anything else, and Pilotwings seems fine for all kinds of play.

daripad

WiiU stages looks so good, so many beautiful settings and all of them are very dynamic in the background. 3DS stages are fine but WiiU ones so far really shine.

J@hranimo

Banned
Dunno, the pictures make it look more like Pilotwings.

Since the Arwings pass through the gate, I wonder if this stage will include the Aparoid Homeworld, as well. That'd be crazy.

And yeah, this stage seems more like Pilotwings than anything else, and Pilotwings seems fine for all kinds of play.

Hopefully. I just know that whenever stages tilt around and have transitions they may go to counterpick/banned depending on singles and doubles.

Roo

zlCfzSf4dp8qHQrVmU

This one looks pretty sick. The whole stage looks gorgeous.

I already have it pre-ordered. That doesn't change the fact that it looks about three generations behind compared to this, and yet the Wii U version has suffered because of it. Sorry for having a negative opinion.

Even tho I don't necessarily share your opinion about the 3DS version, I' wonder if Smash Wii U could have looked even better if they decided to go for 720p instead of 1080p.
I mean, it looks great right now but the shading and presentation is quite bland.
Something like Mario Kart Wii >> Mario Kart 8 for Smash would be mind blowing.

RagnarokX

While we might see some warping, I mean, Lylat Cruise warped all over the place, those arwings are literally passing through the gate, as in the space station. In the game, according to the video I just watched, that has nothing to do with warping.

zlCfzSf4dgMGlpz5pK

zlCfzSf4dmIcWCqqkZ

zlCfzSf4dp8qHQrVmU

196fuarapyylmgif.gif

Neiteio

While we might see some warping, I mean, Lylat Cruise warped all over the place, those arwings are literally passing through the gate, as in the space station. In the game, according to the video I just watched, that has nothing to do with warping.
Oh, really? I must've got that mixed up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom