• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U POTD Thread 17: Smash 3DS Discussion @ OT PLS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Azure J

Top 5

Super Mario Galaxy
Windy Hill
Orbital Gate
Dr. Wily's Castle
Gamer

Runners Up: Mushroom Kingdom U, Gaur Plain, Kalos Pokemon League & Boxing Ring. The Wii U lighting really makes so many of these stages shine.

Neiteio

I'm sorry if you thought I was seriously getting on you about Hot linking.

I meant everything in a joking manner.
Oh, nothing of the sort. I was just legit confused, because I saw one thing and you saw another.

It seems I can't get it to work in Chrome, though, so I've removed the links entirely now.

I wonder why IE worked but Chrome didn't.

You said it! I'm pumped to see what the actual stage looks like.
Probably a generic jungle stage, but at least now we know that Returns gets some kind of love. I still wish we had some new Assists though.
That's everything, unless you count bosses, ATs and music.
Though even if Nintendo owns Dr. Wright, I'm not sure which party created him...
And for the new games we have Dark Samus, and nothing else?
I think Krystal being a Western creation probably has a lot to do with her not being playable.
That, and Sakurai has good enough taste to leave her out.
Phosphora was a lot of fun in the chapters where she appeared. Her debut chapter is one of my favorite missions in Uprising.
One thing I always wanted in that level was the ability to "choose" the boss you would face at the end. You could pick one of the bosses to shoot down in the flying section, and then the on-ground section would change enemy types and the end level boss. Stuff like that would really help replayability.

random25

Oh, nothing of the sort. I was just legit confused, because I saw one thing and you saw another.

It seems I can't get it to work in Chrome, though, so I've removed the links entirely now.

I wonder why IE worked but Chrome didn't.

I'm using Firefox and it does not work too, sadly.

HiroTSK5

Phosphora was a lot of fun in the chapters where she appeared. Her debut chapter is one of my favorite missions in Uprising.

And she's just a cool character design all-around.

Phosphora'sPoses.png

Lightning Battle is one of the best looking parts of the game, watching her and Thanatos duke it out in the sky as elementals alongside the awesome music is worth the price of admission.

jnWake

No particular order:

Town and City: I like stages where you can battle without worrying too much about hazards.

Pilot Wings: The setting is cool and fighting on the planes seems fun. Like a modern and simpler PokeFloats.

Kalos Pokemon League: We don't really know much about this stage but it looks very cool. It could be ruined by crappy hazards though.

Pyrosphere: Same as above. It seems cool, nice platform placements and all, but an annoying boss (yes, Ridley) could make it bad.

Colisseum: I'd like it better if it wasn't a walk-off but it still looks very good.

I'd put Dr. Wily Castle in there if Yellow Devil frequency was lowered (or there was a boss toggle) and I'd also add Mushroom Kingdom U if it didn't have giant ice cones falling from the sky.

Only stages that seem I'll hate are Palutena's Temple (too big, maybe meant for Ridley 1v1 matches) and Pac-Land (looks horrible).

The rest of the stages all look fine but I'm not sold on the large amount of walk-offs.

The WIi U stage selection is truly incredible.

And odds are it's going to have a DKCR stage added to the mix, and we're yet to see the new Kirby stage too. Hnnnnnnng.

A top 5 is really difficult.

Pilotwings
Mario Galaxy
Gaur Plain
Palutena's Temple
Gamer

Coliseum
Orbital Gate
Garden of Hope

1. Garden of Hope
I do have a Pikmin bias, but I just really love the whole look. Pikmin 3 is one of the best-looking games Nintendo has made, and I think it comes across really well here. The waterfall, the background with all the foliage; it all works so well. I'm also glad to see that it actually uses mechanics from the game itself, instead of just kind of bullshitting with the design.

2. Pilot Wings

Once again, I really like the colorful backgrounds, and I really like the whole idea of fighting on the backs of planes. It looks to be a lot of fun.

3. Super Mario Galaxy
This was one of those few POTD where I actually showed my friends the images. It's so great to see a cool stage based on the greatest video game ever made (opinion). I'm really interested in seeing how the gravity mechanic works.

4. Mushroom Kingdom U
It's funny that the series I so often criticize for lacking a good art style is one of my favorite stages so far in terms of visuals. Everything is so colorful, and that's what I like to see most out of stages.

5. Gamer
I just really want to see how this stage works. I can see some genuine scares happening here, and it looks like it's going to be chaotic; chaos is the essence of Smash Bros. (For Fun)

Wii U is lacking in retro stages.

Just wait until we see what retro stages will be used to fill in for entire series!

J@hranimo

Banned
Second-to-last PotD before Smash 3DS releases everywhere else!

Here's to one of my last "oh god I hope it's not another 3DS pic" haha

Azure J

4. Mushroom Kingdom U

It's funny that the series I so often criticize for lacking a good art style is one of my favorite stages so far in terms of visuals. Everything is so colorful, and that's what I like to see most out of stages.

It's so weird to see. I always thought NSMBU was a nice looking game but nothing show stopping. Then they use the base art design in a Smash stage and it's the best looking 2D Mario catch all stage the series has ever had.

Until he can manage a Solid Snake and Miku GIF he's small time.

I bet he's searching through everything trying to find one.
What does he get if he actually does?
There's a video of snake and miku dancing gangnam style. Don't make me go gif that Jaw.

Oh shit, looks like he has it.

It's so weird to see. I always thought NSMBU was a nice looking game but nothing show stopping. Then they use the base art design in a Smash stage and it's the best looking 2D Mario catch all stage the series has ever had.

Perspective, maybe?
I really want to see how Smash makes Nintendo Land look good. Maybe they'll make the lighting not awful?
Can you see the bird? I sure as hell can't.

EhoaVash

I love all the Wii u stages

Favorite has to be garden of hope, i loved pikmin 3 ...funny how I hated the pikmin stage from brawl

BTW ....I think we can all agree that the pacman Wii u stage is the worst
tumblr_inline_n74ced2s8B1rjw2mu.png

Since all stages will be reduced to Final Destination, I'm choosing based on looks alone.

1. Garden of Hope
2. Gamer
3. Mushroom Kingdom U
4. Super Mario Galaxy
5. Town and City

random25

I love all the Wii u stages

Favorite has to be garden of hope, i loved pikmin 3 ...funny how I hated the pikmin stage from brawl

BTW ....I think we can all agree that the pacman Wii u stage is the worst
tumblr_inline_n74ced2s8B1rjw2mu.png

It's probably safe to assume you haven't played Pac-land. I think it's really cool and gives a good shout-out to that game.

-Horizon-

I find the lack of a pic disturbing.
I only need this one thing to give you all the respect you deserve and more.

...I don't need your respect, I only need your undying loyalty now

8ezIdTg.gif

Last Miku related gif for the day since I'm starting to annoy everyone with them.

Rizific

got a text from the gs i pre ordered at. looks like theyll be doing a midnight release. im getting old though, i cant even stay up til midnight anymore =/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom