• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U POTD Thread 17: Smash 3DS Discussion @ OT PLS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anth0ny

Gotta save some characters for Smash 5, dudes.

Ridley and K Rool will be there when that debut trailer rolls for the first time at E3 2019. Book it!

You once said that anyone who makes fun of K.Rool is the equivalent of a high school bully making fun of overweight kids.

I don't know that you can throw stones here.
K. Rool is an overweight kid and some posters here are potentially still in high school so it's not that bad a comparison.

Gotta save some characters for Smash 5, dudes.

Ridley and K Rool will be there when that debut trailer rolls for the first time at E3 2019. Book it!

Half the newcomers this time around were non existent or irrelevant when Brawl released, I'm sure there'll be plenty of new faces to pick from to not have to add trash like K Rool next time.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
I wonder if Nintendo would ever listen to the "we want Ridley!" yells and purposefully redesign Ridley for the Metroid-in-progress to have a more suitable design?

Hatchtag

Banned
I wonder if Nintendo would ever listen to the "we want Ridley!" yells and purposefully redesign Ridley for the Metroid-in-progress to have a more suitable design?

that'd be cheating. i want Sakurai to have to deal with ridley's design as it is and somehow turn it into a fun character.
That being said, Other M Ridley is arguably better proportioned for Smash than past Ridleys are.

Teriaaaaa!

Neo Member
Hey,
that's something Hades can do for his moveset, too!

I would love to see Hades in Smash Bros. He is easily the best Nintendo bad guy, and I would take him over Ridley of K. Rool any day.

Plus Kid Icarus is under represented in Smash 4

BKSmash

zlCfzSgDckYKXVTn4o

Pic of the day. This assist trophy is Sheriff. Sheriff was an arcade game released in 1979. In this game, the players aim by choosing one of eight directions to shoot using a second joystick separate from the one that controls movement. It was quite a revolutionary game for its time. For shooting games overseas, it's common to see games that utilize the left stick to move around and the right to determine the direction to shoot, so we can say the origin of modern shooting games was this game--which is pretty remarkable.

random25

zlCfzSgDckYKXVTn4o

Pic of the day. This assist trophy is Sheriff. Sheriff was an arcade game released in 1979. In this game, the players aim by choosing one of eight directions to shoot using a second joystick separate from the one that controls movement. It was quite a revolutionary game for its time. For shooting games overseas, it's common to see games that utilize the left stick to move around and the right to determine the direction to shoot, so we can say the origin of modern shooting games was this game--which is pretty remarkable.

Wow 2 Wii U PotDs in a row! And no menus! :p

Great update! Gotta learn something new.

Fiktion

Banned
Ehhhhh, I'll never get the obsession that some people have with K. Rool. At least Ridley is a space dragon so I get him, but K. Rool? Ehhhhhhhhhh. His design and what i've seen of him in games is pretty bland.

I suppose it's one of those "you had to be there at the time" things.

There is a small but vocal (even militant) Rare cult on the internet.

K. Rool is a rallying point for them.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
Oh man, I saw the top of this POTD and freaked for a sec when it was Pyrosphere...

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
GameBoy Camera was my first introduction to Sheriff. Wario Ware would be the first time I'd play it.

Also I like that many who included Sheriff on their prediction images used a white sprite, but I correctly used a yellow one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom