• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U POTD Thread 17: Smash 3DS Discussion @ OT PLS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sakurai never went overboard with trolling, he does it from time to time but he doesnt overplay it...the only thing being overplayed is Rosalina :p She is everywhere right now! Mario Kart, Smash
Sakurai said ZSS was cut. I have labeled you a liar. And I don't think I'm ever going to change my mind.

Golnei

They just need to redo his image

Exactly - I'm sure Retro's artists can think of something that takes the best aspects of all his appearances. Accentuate his reptilian features from DKC1, keep the pirate stuff from DKC2, and the flight / robotic augmentations from DKC3.

Meta_Ridley.jpg

Perfect!

random25

This thread is really going to clear out tomorrow.
I'm not getting the 3DS version, but I'm happy for everyone who will. I hope you guys all have a blast, and maybe we'll see you again when the Wii U version is closer to release.

This is what happens when an entire nation is descended from criminals; game companies don't trust them.
Probably has to do with politicians not trusting them either. Poor Australians.
Even the wildlife is out to kill you.

We're still here!

Tomorrow's PotD will start the Smash U home stretch with a bang:

It'll be a photo of Sakurai flipping the bird at the camera with the caption "No. Ridley isn't in the game. Quit effing asking."

The surprising part will be the large number of Yeah's the post will still receive!
I would yeah it because Ridley fans annoy me. The only point I agree with is that there should be one more Metroid character. Ridley would wind up a Charizard clone anyways. I want to play as a Metroid.

vixlar

Exactly - I'm sure Retro's artists can think of something that takes the best aspects of all his appearances. Accentuate his reptilian features from DKC1, keep the pirate stuff from DKC2, and the flight / robotic augmentations from DKC3.

Meta_Ridley.jpg

Perfect!

Oh, man. How I laughed!!

Great post!!!

Hopefully, he'll get a significant redesign in the process. A concrete personality and revised appearance that moves away from the 'discount Bowser' aesthetic would help a lot. As it is now, though, I'd much rather see Dixie or Cranky as newcomers.

I absolutely agree. DK, Diddy, Dixie, Cranky, everyone else that's been in recent stuff has been redesigned from the Rare days and they're better off for it. K. Rool has had some minor design changes but he could really use a full-on redesign like the others.

I think the big difference between Bowser and K. Rool is basically just that Bowser is a successful king with a princess kidnapping problem, while K. Rool is a spiteful dick that just wants to mess with the Kongs. Bowser kidnaps Peach because he either wants to rule the Mushroom Kingdom or has a crush on her, depending on the game. K. Rool steals DK's banana horde for the hell of it, kidnaps DK and demands a ransom of bananas(why), builds a robot to kidnap DK and Diddy for seemingly no reason, and then he builds a giant laser to blow up DK's home. Because ???

He just hates the Kongs and is an asshole. Bowser's got goals and ambitions, he makes power plays and tries to do stuff without it all being about Mario. K. Rool just wants to humiliate and/or defeat the Kongs (and may or may not want their bananas?). They could probably push that angle and make it work. He doesn't have to be a complicated guy. Plus his penchant for costumes is something Bowser certainly doesn't have.

You once said that anyone who makes fun of K.Rool is the equivalent of a high school bully making fun of overweight kids.

I don't know that you can throw stones here.
Hahaha, did that really happen? I'll never know what makes people cling to K. Rool so much, it's completely baffling to me.

Also, how much do you want to bet that if we got a new DKC game with K Rool, and he was redesigned to be an interesting character, and then got into Smash, you'd hear people complaining about how they wanted the "real" K. Rool in, who dressed like a pirate instead of whatever he does in the new game.

Tom_Cody

zlCfzSgDckYKXVTn4o

Pic of the day. This assist trophy is Sheriff. Sheriff was an arcade game released in 1979. In this game, the players aim by choosing one of eight directions to shoot using a second joystick separate from the one that controls movement. It was quite a revolutionary game for its time. For shooting games overseas, it's common to see games that utilize the left stick to move around and the right to determine the direction to shoot, so we can say the origin of modern shooting games was this game--which is pretty remarkable.
I can't wait to see the other Wii U exclusive assist trophies!

ugoo18

He's already explicitly denied such an option, sadly. Barring an expanded stage builder / editor, we'll likely have to give up on playable versions of Pyrosphere, Gaur Plain and Wily's Castle.

I know but a guy can still dream :( *sigh*

Maybe the bosses could only be available in a boss mode version of the stage.

LIST YOUR TOP FIVE WiiU STAGES:

All WiiU stages so far listed HERE

In no particular order, mine would be:

Palutena's Temple

Pilotwings

Mushroom Kingdom U

Gamer

Orbital Gate

In no particular order:

Pilotwings
Windy Hill
Kalos Pokémon League
Gamer
Orbital Gate

GOD I hope Magicant and Mute City SNES are shared stages between the 3DS and Wii U versions. They really should be; not only are those two of the best stages in Smash 3DS, I don't see Mother and F-Zero getting two completely new original stages between both versions of Smash.

The idea of seeing Magicant in HD and the thought of all the tracks that could be available for it in My Music... too much awesome, does not compute. :O

...I don't need your respect, I only need your undying loyalty now

8ezIdTg.gif

Last Miku related gif for the day since I'm starting to annoy everyone with them.

Not me. You can never have enough Miku anything in one thread. Or anywhere, really. :3

Vuapol

Meta_Ridley.jpg

Perfect!

/dead

I look forward to seeing all the Wii U screens of the unlockable characters. Especially Falco.

HD Mr Game and Watch hype!

Actually, I remember saying way back that "Mr Game and Watch will look so boring, same model for 3 games in a row"
And low and behold that crazy bastard Sakurai showed me wrong and redid Mr Game and Watch's appearance and animations.

D

Deleted member 57681

Unconfirmed Member
I look forward to seeing all the Wii U screens of the unlockable characters. Especially Falco.
I started over twice, and I always unlocked Ness first. Unlock guides are all over the place anyway at the moment.

-Horizon-

he's gonna run as soon as he sees one :p
Someone get the rope!

What you're going to do, see, is actually post Sylveons in the IRC. Don't know how you'd do that, maybe make one from ASCII art (I'm no IRC expert). By doing this, you'll spook qq back to SmashGAF, since IRC won't be safe any longer =p
This actually sounds like a good idea.

yeah luka is hot.
She's my second favorite.

Why is Miku here
When you see me anywhere, always expect an anime or vocaloid related gif 9 times out of 10.

Get your creepy Miku outta uere. If any horror game deserves a rep, its this: (Best picture I could find. If anyone can find any better ones then post away.)

She is my most wanted character for Smash 4 DLC/Smash 5!
Talking about the Creepy Legless version while its actually Ellen. Creepy x10

I'll never stop hoping. Even if she has less of a chance than Miku. :(
I can't tell what thats from. For some reason I'm thinking Touhou but I'm assuming it isn't.

miku should be in smash.
Yes.

Starting?

Was there a time when the Miku bullshit didn't annoy everyone?
I was thinking of putting "lol" in parentheses after "starting" but decided against it :3c

i always found it cute :)
:3

Not me. Though I generally keep Vocaloid related things to where they're relevant to the discussion.
Playable Miku begging is as relevant as playable Ridley begging.

zlCfzSgDckYKXVTn4o

Pic of the day. This assist trophy is Sheriff. Sheriff was an arcade game released in 1979. In this game, the players aim by choosing one of eight directions to shoot using a second joystick separate from the one that controls movement. It was quite a revolutionary game for its time. For shooting games overseas, it's common to see games that utilize the left stick to move around and the right to determine the direction to shoot, so we can say the origin of modern shooting games was this game--which is pretty remarkable.
Liking all these throwbacks Sakurai is putting in.

Not me. You can never have enough Miku anything in one thread. Or anywhere, really. :3
Glad I can depend on you for support :D

emb

Question like do we know all the characters? Is there a possibility of any last minute surprises?
Minor possibility of characters when connecting the two versions. Decent chance of (probably paid) DLC characters at some point.

But we know, 100% all the characters in the 3DS version, and we know that the developers have said that the rosters are the same between versions. So yes, we pretty much know everything important.

Jigolo

Would you guys be pissed if Ridley wasn't added to the game because the 3DS development held back what could be done on the Wii U?

emb

Would you guys be pissed if Ridley wasn't added to the game because the 3DS development held back what could be done on the Wii U?
3DS doesn't add much for me, so hearing about any character that could have been added on Wii U kinda irks me.

But this way, more people will play the game. So that's good too.

Jigolo

3DS doesn't add much for me, so hearing about any character that could have been added on Wii U kinda irks me.

But this way, more people will play the game. So that's good too.

This is the way I see it. Right now, I'm just thinking of the stuff Sakurai has probably left out from the Wii U version just so it can have parity with the 3DS. Smash on the go is a good thing, but I don't think it should've hampered the console version.

The 3DS version has brought blessings and curses. I have to take it all in stride, since there's nothing to change about it.

Neiteio

Meta_Ridley.jpg

Perfect!
Just quoting this post to give it some love, lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom