• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U POTD Thread 17: Smash 3DS Discussion @ OT PLS

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't tell what thats from. For some reason I'm thinking Touhou but I'm assuming it isn't.
Its The Witch from The Witch's House. Its a game that was made in RPG Maker, and she is my most wanted Smash character. Against all odds, I choose to hope!
I never even played her game. Just watched a Let's Play. She is my most wanted character when I haven't even played her game. That is how good (evil) she is.

-Horizon-

Its The Witch from The Witch's House. Its a game that was made in RPG Maker, and she is my most wanted Smash character. Against all odds, I choose to hope!
I never even played her game. Just watched a Let's Play. She is my most wanted character when I haven't even played her game. That is how good (evil) she is.
See, I was way off lol.

Might look up a few videos about it to see why you want her so bad then.

Clean:
daily-en_20141002_xbi2p.jpg

jnWake

It is a bit ironic that people laugh at K. Rool requests yet act like Ridley is an iconic character and apparently the most wanted newcomer.

It is a bit ironic that people laugh at K. Rool requests yet act like Ridley is an iconic character and apparently the most wanted newcomer.

I laugh at both but Ridley is kind of the only other choice for more Metroid representation at this point. DK has Dixie and Cranky. Hell, I'd take Funky over K.Rool.

But for me it's more that K.Rool fans have gotten incredibly, frustratingly annoying since Tropical Freeze was announced and their constant whining about how unfairly this supposedly iconic character is being treated has become schadenfreude for me. I would not find it so hilarious if not for the "Retro fucked up again by not including K.Rool" contingent.

random25

Exactly - I'm sure Retro's artists can think of something that takes the best aspects of all his appearances. Accentuate his reptilian features from DKC1, keep the pirate stuff from DKC2, and the flight / robotic augmentations from DKC3.

Meta_Ridley.jpg

Perfect!

Wow I actually missed this one! Great job!

Zubz

Banned
Man, I'll never get what brought them to make him look like this in his trophy lmao.

Bitterness, maybe? Ubisoft did kinda screw them over with that delay. Maybe it was after the agreed to let Rayman in, so they had to commit? I dunno, I like how it makes him look like he just showed up to Smash drunk one day and was like "Am I in yet?"

You're actually in the perfect thread, Ridley >=]

Yeah, it'd be nice to get some opinions straight from the dragon's mouth!

As long as you don't laugh at Miku.

All the time, here.

justchris

Hopefully between now and the next Smash Bros there will be a decent Metroid game that will either provide other options for new characters, or provide a design that will cement Ridley for inclusion.

The next Metroid game will be developed simultaneously between 3DS and Wii U versions, and Ridley as an antagonist will be cut cos the 3DS can't handle something that big.

Zubz

Banned
Don't make me find Cal and TB to cut you.

...California and Tuberculosis?

Hopefully between now and the next Smash Bros there will be a decent Metroid game that will either provide other options for new characters, or provide a design that will cement Ridley for inclusion.

Honestly, I wonder if they might have been trying that, between Roidley having a less unusual body shape and the other characters from Prime 3/Higgs. Honestly, I'd be fine if Anthony shows up in another Metroid game, and hell, even if he shows up playable in Smash!
Especially if [REDACTED] gets in, too!

Where's this man's musical career?

-Horizon-

...California and Tuberculosis?

Honestly, I wonder if they might have been trying that, between Roidley having a less unusual body shape and the other characters from Prime 3/Higgs. Honestly, I'd be fine if Anthony shows up in another Metroid game, and hell, even if he shows up playable in Smash!

Where's this man's musical career?
Don't act cute Zubz :T

Caladrius and Troubled Bat.

Okay, see, I thought -Horizon- was talking about TotalBiscuit for a bit, and was like "wait, since when did he care about Vocaloid"

I think Roidley is my favorite Ridley design!

602.jpg

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
I used to think a lot of the Kremlings were girls (like Klump, who I thought was some weird roller-derby girl) because of the moobs.

Is Rayman the only third-party character to have a trophy and nothing else?

Or are the third-party character trophies only on the WiiU version?

backlot

Is Rayman the only third-party character to have a trophy and nothing else?

Or are the third-party character trophies only on the WiiU version?

Rayman isn't in the 3DS version. I don't know of any other third party trophies other than the ones from series with playable characters.

Keep in mind, for the purposes of Smash, Rayman isn't necessarily considered a "third party trophy." For whatever reason, Sakurai considers Nintendo publishing Rayman games as being like Nintendo publishing anything else.

Lies.

Sonic -> Sega -> Miku

Check and mate Shadow.
Nay, truths. I don't play every game Sega releases; the Miku ones aren't even a blip on my radar, due to a pre-existing distaste for the entire music gaming genre. I similarly don't care about the Yakuza, Alien, Total War or Football Manager franchises, which seem to be all Sega's good for these days :)\)

-Horizon-

Nay, truths. I don't play every game Sega releases; the Miku ones aren't even a blip on my radar, due to a pre-existing distaste for the entire music gaming genre. I similarly don't care about the Yakuza, Alien, Total War or Football Manager franchises, which seem to be all Sega's good for these days :)\)

But Sonic is blue. And Miku is blue. You can't deny that. Therefore, you are a closet Miku fan.

Popnbake

Would you guys be pissed if Ridley wasn't added to the game because the 3DS development held back what could be done on the Wii U?

How could he hold back the 3DS version?

It's not like he had an established character role that they would have to work with like Ice Climbers. If he's not in then they just don't want him to be a playable character yet.

Caladrius

There's also ATLUS's output now.

But Sonic is blue. And Miku is blue. You can't deny that. Therefore, you are a closet Miku fan.

Marth has blue hair

therefore

Marth is your true love :V

Wii U info from here on out. Thank you.

The 3DS unlockables are probably going to be sprinkled out too though.

I am happy that the U version is going to get more info from here on out either way though.

jnWake

You have to love that just a few weeks since Sakurai said he wouldn't post new information he revealed two stages for Wii U (Castle Siege and Gamer), fully explained the Star Fox stage and showcased an Assist Trophy!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom