• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U POTD Thread 17: Smash 3DS Discussion @ OT PLS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ehhhhh, I'll never get the obsession that some people have with K. Rool. At least Ridley is a space dragon so I get him, but K. Rool? Ehhhhhhhhhh. His design and what i've seen of him in games is pretty bland.

I suppose it's one of those "you had to be there at the time" things.

He's a crocodile/ alligator with a beer belly and a lot of costumes and weapons.

I know nothing about him, but this alone makes him interesting to me.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
I bet tomorrow will not only be a 3DS screen, it'll be something lame like the title screen with the message: "Smash Bros for 3DS is out in the rest of the world today. Enjoy!"

Is Sakurai trolling...?

Clearly you know not the game that Sakurai has made his life.

Sakurai never went overboard with trolling, he does it from time to time but he doesnt overplay it...the only thing being overplayed is Rosalina :p She is everywhere right now! Mario Kart, Smash

Tomorrow's PotD will start the Smash U home stretch with a bang:

It'll be a photo of Sakurai flipping the bird at the camera with the caption "No. Ridley isn't in the game. Quit effing asking."

The surprising part will be the large number of Yeah's the post will still receive!

Teriaaaaa!

Neo Member

It'll be a photo of Sakurai flipping the bird at the camera with the caption "No. Ridley isn't in the game. Quit effing asking."

The surprising part will be the large number of Yeah's the post will still receive!

To be fair, this is worth more yeah's than any other picture so far.

Masked Man

I said wow
Phosphora was a lot of fun in the chapters where she appeared. Her debut chapter is one of my favorite missions in Uprising.

And she's just a cool character design all-around.

Phosphora'sPoses.png

Completely agreed. Phosphora is probably my favorite character
aside from Viridi, of course
in a truly brilliant cast, and her first chapter is wonderful in oh-so many ways. I would love for her to join the fray, but I'm totally happy just having her as an AT!

To be fair, this is worth more yeah's than any other picture so far.

I'd make an evening out of reading the comment section for that one =]

So I thought about it..... and I thought about it.... and I thought it could maybe work.... and then I saw Best Buy's deal, in combo with a 10% coupon...

I think I'm getting a Wii U in the morning and I'll get Smash for Wii U instead of 3DS because I'm not sold on it being suited to 3DS. I also need Bayo 2 but that's another issue.

Congratulations, in advance! Nice thing about getting a Wii U now, too, is that between here and Smash's release there will be plenty of other great games to try out before then. There are so many to recommend that it's crazy in a good sense.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
So I thought about it..... and I thought about it.... and I thought it could maybe work.... and then I saw Best Buy's deal, in combo with a 10% coupon...

I think I'm getting a Wii U in the morning and I'll get Smash for Wii U instead of 3DS because I'm not sold on it being suited to 3DS. I also need Bayo 2 but that's another issue.

Edit: Getting Tropical Freeze for $30 on eshop while it's still valid is also $13 off the lowest physical price I see. So overall if I make today the day, that is $90 savings. Just feels right. It is time for Wii U.

As I said previously, I really hope Mashy doesn't drag out the character "reveal" videos after the game launches tomorrow.

Everyone and their dog knows the 3DS roster, so let's just get it all done with so we can turn our attention to the Wii U version. (And the possible return of the based Ice Climbers!)

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
I'm looking forward to watching Sah check his Amazon account every five minutes.

Note next day delivery can be sent until about 1730 so we could be witnessing a lot of checking.

Teriaaaaa!

Neo Member
Phosphora was a lot of fun in the chapters where she appeared. Her debut chapter is one of my favorite missions in Uprising.

Phosphora'sPoses.png

Speaking of Phosphora, Lightning Battle need's to be a song in this game.

I like Phosphora a lot in uprising, but she isn't one of my absolute favourites from the game. That isn't a insult against her, Uprising just had a lot of memorable characters. Speaking of which, didn't Sakurai imply in one pic of the day that there would be assist trophies that didn't appear on both versions? Because we need a Pyrrhon assist trophy.
Pyrrhon's_Poses.png

Varjet

"lol, Sakurai is such a troll."

This thread is really going to clear out tomorrow.
I'm not getting the 3DS version, but I'm happy for everyone who will. I hope you guys all have a blast, and maybe we'll see you again when the Wii U version is closer to release.
meanwhile, in Australia.....

:p
This is what happens when an entire nation is descended from criminals; game companies don't trust them.
Probably has to do with politicians not trusting them either. Poor Australians.
Even the wildlife is out to kill you.

ugoo18

This is what happens when an entire nation is descended from criminals; game companies don't trust them.

hurricaneneddy4.png

On topic though, Pyrosphere for some reason looks like it will be one of my favorite WiiU stages.

Golnei

On topic though, Pyrosphere for some reason looks like it will be one of my favorite WiiU stages.

It doesn't look all that offensive on its own, but if the stage boss appears with the same frequency as Yellow Devil, I can see it getting annoying fast.

ugoo18

It doesn't look all that offensive on its own, but if the stage boss appears with the same frequency as Yellow Devil, I can see it getting annoying fast.

With the inclusion of Stage bosses i desperately hope Sakurai gives us the choice to disable just them. I really don't want to have to go FD only because of a stage boss especially on Pyrosphere which looks so nice in its normal form.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
I'm not getting the 3DS version, but I'm happy for everyone who will. I hope you guys all have a blast, and maybe we'll see you again when the Wii U version is closer to release.

Oh, I'm going to post here even I have a game. I must be part of hype until it's truly ended.

Yeah, people can easily get weta'd in Australians wildlife.

Sponge

Banned
There is a small but vocal (even militant) Rare cult on the internet.

K. Rool is a rallying point for them.

Not to generalize but I don't like K. Rool because of Rare. I'm just a fan of the old Donkey Kong Country games. To me, K. Rool is DK's Bowser. I get he's never getting in now because he's out of the series. I've always wanted Dixie more anyway.

Golnei

With the inclusion of Stage bosses i desperately hope Sakurai gives us the choice to disable just them. I really don't want to have to go FD only because of a stage boss especially on Pyrosphere which looks so nice in its normal form.

He's already explicitly denied such an option, sadly. Barring an expanded stage builder / editor, we'll likely have to give up on playable versions of Pyrosphere, Gaur Plain and Wily's Castle.

Yeah, people can easily get weta'd in Australians wildlife.

I don't think wetas can actually be found in Australia, just their fossilised ancestors. The species themselves are endemic to New Zealand.

I think K. Rool will make some sort of return in another DK game one of these days, and if they give him some fun boss fights and a lot of personality he could 'come back'. We never know what's going to happen between now and the next Smash Bros game.

It would be unfortunate to see DK's arch-enemy of four(or more?) games get the Wart treatment forever. At least he's in the really, really extended Mario roster for stuff like the Mario baseball game. And in Smash Bros as a trophy. They remember he exists. He just needs something to do to become more prominent again.

This thread wont clear out, we thought it was before when it came out in japan. I think the begining of this thread is about how dead it was lol

Golnei

It would be unfortunate to see DK's arch-enemy of four(or more?) games get the Wart treatment forever. At least he's in the really, really extended Mario roster for stuff like the Mario baseball game. And in Smash Bros as a trophy. They remember he exists. He just needs something to do to become more prominent again.

Hopefully, he'll get a significant redesign in the process. A concrete personality and revised appearance that moves away from the 'discount Bowser' aesthetic would help a lot. As it is now, though, I'd much rather see Dixie or Cranky as newcomers.

Tom_Cody

Phosphora'sPoses.png

Speaking of Phosphora, Lightning Battle need's to be a song in this game.

I like Phosphora a lot in uprising, but she isn't one of my absolute favourites from the game. That isn't a insult against her, Uprising just had a lot of memorable characters. Speaking of which, didn't Sakurai imply in one pic of the day that there would be assist trophies that didn't appear on both versions? Because we need a Pyrrhon assist trophy.
Pyrrhon's_Poses.png
I want a second Wii U KI:U level in which both of them appear.

Just image a KI:U level given the same level of detail as the Orbital Gate stage we saw yesterday. Oh man.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom