• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U POTD Thread 17: Smash 3DS Discussion @ OT PLS

Status
Not open for further replies.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
I bet tomorrow will not only be a 3DS screen, it'll be something lame like the title screen with the message: "Smash Bros for 3DS is out in the rest of the world today. Enjoy!"

I have now become one with Sakurai's mindset.

I much as I know they have to release the Wii U version this year with Amiibo, the fact Wii U doesn't have a major holiday release (especially in Europe) and that waiting to announce a delay at this would elicit such venom I can't help but still fear it's not coming out this holiday.

On the bright side things never go the way I feel so this may actually be a good thing.

Oh well. New Smash and new laptop tomorrow. Gonna be interesting.

I have now become one with Sakurai's mindset.

Well done sir.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
I much as I know they have to release the Wii U version this year with Amiibo, the fact Wii U doesn't have a major holiday release (especially in Europe) and that waiting to announce a delay at this would elicit such venom I can't help but still fear it's not coming out this holiday.

On the bright side things never go the way I feel so this may actually be a good thing.

Oh well. New Smash and new laptop tomorrow. Gonna be interesting.

Well done sir.

Well I mean, Sakurai pretty much just confirmed its coming out at the latest the end of this year.

Kangi

Secret pages are up!

screen-5.jpg

Kangi

Hm. I hope Onett isn't the only Wii U Mother stage. I think I'd rather at least see Magicant in HD than Onett again, if not a new stage entirely.

But eh, people tend to like Onett.

Onett was in the smash tower leak, although it was pretty obvious this stage was coming back and he listed practically every brawl stage so anything will be covered lol

AdanVC

Even if Smash 3DS is very good. Smash Wii U comes to show how things should be done properly in terms of, everything!! What an awesome set of Wii U pics! Let's hope now that the 3DS version is out, Nintendo can announce next week the release date for the Wii U versionnnnn!

I wish we could FINALLY get a definitive answer on whether this game is coming this year or not.

They claim its 2014, but it is getting incredibly hard to believe that as every day ticks by without a release date.

When do they plan to announce the release date if it is coming this year? The week before?

Zalman

I wish we could FINALLY get a definitive answer on whether this game is coming this year or not.

They claim its 2014, but it is getting incredibly hard to believe that as every day ticks by without a release date.

When do they plan to announce the release date if it is coming this year? The week before?
It's coming this year. That's your definitive answer.

Golnei

screen-2.jpg

Don't eat him. You can't eat him.

tumblr_n4hcv8Nbpk1s04a53o2_r1_500.gif

It's nice to see Onett return, I guess. Though it'd have been impossible to make a wrong decision when it comes to MOTHER stages - Onett is well-liked, the return of Fourside would be appreciated, Magicant would be beautiful in HD regardless of how terrible it is to use, and New Pork City could at least be redeemed by Omega mode. Hopefully we'll get at least one other MOTHER stage, though,

It's coming this year. That's your definitive answer.

OK but why wait till so close to release to announce the date?

That is just idiotic!

Hell, Batman:Arkham Knight had its release date announce practically a year before.

These guys are announcing the date ..... what? A month or less before?

Not exactly sound business strategy.

The definitive answer is, they have a doa system that is in desperate need of a system seller this year, should be the answer to that and it shouldn't need them to confirm it. There's also the fact that more and more retailers keep leaking the 21st of November as being the release date, that's more than just a coincidence when there would hardly be a better time to release it so it's there before Black Friday and Christmas.

Sure waiting a month before to say anything may not exactly be a "sound" business strategy, but if they say anything too major that could affect the sales of the 3ds one then it hurts them when they want people to buy both versions of it, not just one. The 3ds version is the one that will make them the most money by far, showing people "hey the WiiU version has more characters/modes" may make people reconsider their stance on buying the 3ds one and they just wait rather than get both.

rekameohs

Banned

That is just idiotic!

Hell, Batman:Arkham Knight had its release date announce practically a year before.

They were focusing on promoting the 3DS release. Now that it's out, I'm sure we'll be hearing a lot more about the Wii U version shortly.

Zomba13

That is just idiotic!

I think the reason is they want to sell the 3DS version (and 3DS). If we got both release dates and they were just a month or so from each other then you'd have people thinking "nah, I'll just wait and get the Wii U one". Obviously you have people like that now but you'd have more of them if we knew the date. This way you get people to get the 3DS version now and the Wii U one later and the ones that will only be getting one version would most likely just wait on the Wii U version anyway.

That is just idiotic!

Anyone who doesn't follow gaming isn't going to really even know about the game until ads start running a month from now when the final date will definitely be known.

Anyone who even slightly cares about the game or knows Nintendo's trends can make a pretty educated guess that the game will release November 21st.

The only negative side to not announcing a date yet is all the people convinced there's a chance the game is getting pushed to next year.

Sacul64GC

Banned

They dont want to kill 3DS hype. Some people may also hold of if the date is know if they think they can wait.

Hatchtag

Banned
There's almost certainly going to be a direct soon (New Nintendo 3DS, ORAS and ORAS Demo, Captain Toad, Smash Wii U). Considering last year's October Direct announced the launch dates of their big November games, I think we can expect the same thing to happen with Smash. A lot of people have been guessing a little before the New 3ds launch, and I think that's a pretty plausible guess. That'd be about next week.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom