• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U POTD Thread 17: Smash 3DS Discussion @ OT PLS

Status
Not open for further replies.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
I love Smashville as much as the next guy, but it's weird to bring it back when it's got a perfectly good replacement

Well, it's one of my most favorite stage so I'm not complaining. However both stages are different tho, so I can see both being useful for completitively scenes.

Kouichi

screen-2.jpg

FE_DA_120823ObamaSweat425x283.jpg

Mistle

Well, it's one of my most favorite stage so I'm not complaining. However both stages are different tho, so I can see both being useful for completitively scenes.
Yeah, me neither! Smashville was probably my favourite Brawl stage. I guess it'll be good to have platform variety.

Axass

Hmmm, so the "leaker" got right:

Smashville, Castle Siege, Onett and Game & Wario.

Though he called the StarFox stage "Great Fox"...

Golnei

I'm pleasantly surprised with how good Falco's model looks on the Wii U version, especially when you look at what happened to Fox. Maybe it's just easier to make feathers and beaks look decent compared to fur and teeth.

Smashville? Holy shit the leak was real.

Endless Ocean stage confirmed.

Two of them, apparently.

Hatchtag

Banned
Don't get too exciting yet about the leaks yet. We need few more evidences like Green House or DKC2 stage.

Yeah. Since Castle Siege confirmed that the stage to franchise ratio isn't the same between versions, I didn't honestly think Smashville was all that unlikely.

Is the controller bundle coming out in Canada? It's not on Amazon.ca and EBgames doesn't have it available for preorder in their stores.

:(

I really hope it comes here. I don't want to have to pay import fees from the US and have to wait longer for it to ship.

At least the good thing with Smashville returning is it gives me hope Magicant and Onett will be the Mother stages on the Wii U version, which is alright with me.

Is there a monita trophy in the 3DS version? If not im 100% sure its one in the Wii U and being so there gotta be a Nintendoland stage.. 3DS get balloon fight old school, Wii U new Nintendoland version.

and oh yeah, you guys forgot that unlike a roster leak, it's easier to go overboard on a stage leak because it's incredibly unlikely that a stage will get outright deconfirmed (though this one still got hit by "Great Fox" lmao)

NeonZ

I love Smashville as much as the next guy, but it's weird to bring it back when it's got a perfectly good replacement

Whether that rumor is real or not, it seems like it might be right about every series having past stages from Brawl in Smash Wii U. So, they might have included Smashville just because every other series will get past stages too when possible.

Smashville confirmed?
That's pretty odd. Town and City is pretty much the same thing, right?
and oh yeah, you guys forgot that unlike a roster leak, it's easier to go overboard on a stage leak because it's incredibly unlikely that a stage will get outright deconfirmed (though this one still got hit by "Great Fox" lmao)
Orbital Gate was called Great Fox
Gamer was called Game & Wario
He got Smashville right
He got Onett right

He posted the thing after Castle Siege was confirmed

While Smashville was an odd choice, I really don't think it's fair to use returning stages as evidence towards the leak's credibility. He pretty much listed half the stages.
And then for the two new stages that he "got right" he actually got the names wrong, and one of them we had already known about for months.

I still think this leak is full of it.

you're a great fox

i'm still skeptical

I think they're waiting for the 3DS version to sell out a few shipments first.

Anyone for DLC wishlists? Top 5.

1. Miu (Fatal Frame)
2. Mewtwo
3. Ridley
4. Snake
5. Inkling

1. Chorus Kids (or any Rhythm Heaven rep)
2. Dixie Kong
3. Ganon (A Link to the Past style)
4. Lucas
5. Mewtwo

The Ice Climbers used to be on my top 5 DLC wishlist, but with Sakurai outright saying they're pretty much never going to happen because of the 3DS's limitations, I figure I might as well give up on that... so on the list Mewtwo goes.

Smashville confirmed?

Holy shit, good eye. This is a potentially big point in the stage leak's favor, since Smashville was a big reason a lot of people were calling bullshit. Of course, it's still too early to call. The leak has correctly identified three returning stages, but that's not really THAT hard, and while it has technically identified two new stages, it got both of their names wrong, so... it's hard to say either way at this point.

Please be true, please be true, please be true. Chorus Kids...

I do wonder why Smashville is returning at all, though. Town & City is basically just an HD version of it, so...

Next Nintendo Direct is going to be sometime this month, and will confirm the November 21 release date for Super Smash Bros. for Wii U along with an exclusive mode. Calling it now.

So "Swim Time" is still listed in the stats screen after each match, right? But you can't swim in the 3DS version?
I wonder what will happen with potential returning stages like Delfino Plaza and Pirate Ship. I always liked the swimming, and it would be weird to not be able to do that in those stages.

Awww, there's no hires versions of the secret characters' art. Just silhouettes.
Like these?

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
That's pretty odd. Town and City is pretty much the same

I do wonder why Smashville is returning at all, though. Town & City is basically just an HD version of it, so...

Not really. Smashville only have 1 floating mini-platform. Town and City have two or three floating mini-platform. Also I could imagine that they probably have handful of different npcs as well.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
Smashville and Town and City both being in is a weird but very acceptable decision. Wii U stage selection looks like it should definitely be a lot better.

R

Rösti

Unconfirmed Member
Next Nintendo Direct is going to be sometime this month, and will confirm the November 21 release date for Super Smash Bros. for Wii U along with an exclusive mode. Calling it now.
A Nintendo Direct broadcast this month is likely, but the release date announcement could just as easily come via Nintendo's Second Quarter Earnings Release for FY 2014 on October 29 (with the Second Quarter Financial Results Briefing happening on the 30th). Regardless, things should start heating up very soon.

Are these really Fox's and Falco's voices this time around?

No, I meant really hi res, like these ones.
Typing in the equivalent addresses for the secret characters just gives you silhouettes.

Holy shit, those are some nice renders. Do you have a link to a gallery with all of them?
Shame we don't get that with the secret characters then.

VINDICATION MOTHERFUCKERS.

I told you the leak was real and none of you believed me.

Now we'll see.
It's far from confirmed.

Pros:
Smashville confirmed
Onett, a predictable returning choice, confirmed too

Cons:
Game & Wario is actually called Gamer
Great Fox is actually called Orbital Gate
It's too good to be true

Still total bull in my opinion.

Speaking of Dixie Ash, you hear the man who designed her finally left Rare as of yesterday?

It's surprising that it took that long, but it's still sad to think the man who designed some of my favorite characters left.

No, I didn't. That is sad... god, everything to do with Rare these days is just sad.

Not really. Smashville only have 1 floating mini-platform. Town and City have two or three floating mini-platform. Also I could imagine that they probably have handful of different npcs as well.

Okay, so they're a little different, but not that different. It still seems like one could stand in for the other. :p

VINDICATION MOTHERFUCKERS.

I told you the leak was real and none of you believed me.

Now we'll see.

Uh, unless you have insider info or something, it's still really early to be talking shit about knowing the leak was real all along. Look, I want it to be real too (so badly), but correctly identifying two returning stages, sorta-correctly identifying one new stage but getting its name wrong, and getting another new stage's name wrong (though understandably so, in both cases) doesn't exactly inspire 100% confidence. More like... 52% confidence. Maybe.

Ryce

Smashville really should have been in the 3DS version instead. It's based on a handheld game, and it nicely complements Tortimer Island.

Lunar15

How is a returning stage a hang up.

It's just a list like you find all over the internet, stop treating everything as a leak.

Well, just the fact that we'd get Town & City and Smashville seemed unlikely.

Also, no, this doesn't mean I believe the leak was real. Just kidding around. Sheesh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom