• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U POTD Thread 17: Smash 3DS Discussion @ OT PLS

Status
Not open for further replies.

J@hranimo

Banned
Well since these secret characters were in a group of 3, maybe we'll get the other 9 in 3 separate updates.

and then the last 2 boxes...

Xeroblade

Why is it so hard to understand that it is in Nintendo's best interest to let the 3DS version sell for a bit before pushing the Wii U version? I see these kinds of comments far too often around here.

Its true they need to sell the kids version before we get the adult version.

Why is it so hard to understand that it is in Nintendo's best interest to let the 3DS version sell for a bit before pushing the Wii U version? I see these kinds of comments far too often around here.

They still can promote the connection between 3DS and WiiU, making people think it's worth buying both. I expect to see a direct before Oct 11, about NN3DS, software for winter, and maybe Xenoblade Cross.

#Believe:
- Smashville
- Gamer/ Game & Wario
- Onett
- No Event Mode (Disappointment = Truth)

#Bulls**t:
- Too Good to be True
- Too much info being given
- Impa
- "Great Fox" does not equal "Orbital Gate"
- Currently no sight of WiiU Magicant

#Neutral:
- If "Tower of Smash" is the new mode, Sakurai will/ would probably show it off soon, and advertise it like Smash Run.

Anyone got something to add?

#Believe:
- Smashville
- Gamer/ Game & Wario
- Onett
- No Event Mode (Disappointment = Truth)
- Not currently deconfirmed, this leak has lasted pretty long

#Bulls**t:
- Too Good to be True
- Too much info being given
- Impa
- "Great Fox" does not equal "Orbital Gate"
- Currently no sight of WiiU Magicant

#Neutral:
- If "Tower of Smash" is the new mode, Sakurai will/ would probably show it off soon, and advertise it like Smash Run.

No event mode? I HOPE that shit isn't true. Although, I suppose Tower of Smash would be a mostly suitable replacement.

#Believe:
- Not currently deconfirmed, this leak has lasted pretty long
How is this a point in its favor? It's been about two weeks since the original, even less since the added stage list.
- Gamer/ Game & Wario
No.
He put "Game & Wario" as a new stage, and he sort of got that right; it's actually called Gamer. However, guessing that correctly wasn't hard: Game & Wario the most recent Wario game, and we already had three other stages based on a Wii U titles. Ashley and Kat & Ana, both use their Game & Wario redesigns as well.
Onett wasn't that hard to guess either.

like I said, it's harder to deconfirm a stage leak since unlike characters, it's unlikely that a stage gets straight up deconfirmed (you can show an AT/trophy of a character in a random PotD, but you can't exactly show a stage elsewhere, it's either in the game or not)

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
I suddenly catch the reference of this pic. lol

Is it Lord of Ring or what?

I know Diddy Kong, Falco and Fox used to team up in SSE against Bowser but what about Takamaru?

Never Mind. I didn't even think about Momotaro.

The Momotaro reference is awesome.

Takamaru = Momotaro
Fox = Dog
Falco = Pheasant
Diddy = Monkey (taunt pose is perfect for this shot too.

Bowser + ore club = Oni

Thanks!

How is this a point in its favor? It's been about two weeks since the original, even less since the added stage list.

Should I change it to "has a lot of acknowledgment"?
GameXplain & TvTropes have talked about it, its got more attention than most other fake leaks. (as far as I can tell)
Or should I just remove it completely?

It feels like its been weeks since Castle Siege was revealed :/

like I said, it's harder to deconfirm a stage leak since unlike characters, it's unlikely that a stage gets straight up deconfirmed (you can show an AT/trophy of a character in a random PotD, but you can't exactly show a stage elsewhere, it's either in the game or not)

If we consider the stage list alone, the only way to disprove it is by showing a stage that wasn't on the list. We don't get new stage reveals too often, so it will take a bit of time for that to happen.

The only evidence towards it is two returning stages and a new stage which was listed under a generic name. Not much to go on, yet people are claiming that the Tower of Smash leaker is some sort of new prophet.
Should I change it to "has a lot of acknowledgment"?
GameXplain & TvTropes have talked about it, its got more attention than most other fake leaks. (as far as I can tell)
Or should I just remove it completely?

Why does it matter if people have talked about it? I've seen people talk about the leak that said Parappa the Rapper would be in, but that doesn't make it any more true.
The only reason it gets attention is because of the detail (which other fakes have had) and because people want it to be true.

Hatchtag

Banned
If we consider the stage list alone, the only way to disprove it is by showing a stage that wasn't on the list. We don't get new stage reveals too often, so it will take a bit of time for that to happen.

The only evidence towards it is two returning stages and a new stage which was listed under a generic name. Not much to go on, yet people are claiming that the Tower of Smash leaker is some sort of new prophet.

No one (in SmashGAF at least) is seriously doing that.

Why does it matter if people have talked about it? I've seen people talk about the leak that said Parappa the Rapper would be in, but that doesn't make it any more true.
The only reason it gets attention is because of the detail (which other fakes have had) and because people want it to be true.

I'll take that as remove it.

I have never heard of the Parappa leak. How many websites/ videos talked about it?

exactly, which is why making a large stagelist for a leak is "better", because you're more likely to hit stages actually in the game and nobody can actually tell if one or more of the stages is BS (unlike with characters, if you put in someone that gets shown as an AT later you're screwed)

edit: I think we're pretty much agreeing and talking past each other here

exactly, which is why making a large stagelist for a leak is "better", because you're more likely to hit stages actually in the game and nobody can actually tell if one or more of the stages is BS (unlike with characters, if you put in someone that gets shown as an AT later you're screwed)
Generic names like "Endless Ocean," "Nintendo Land," and "Game & Wario" are also just safe names to use, because of how non-specific they are.
edit: I think we're pretty much agreeing and talking past each other here
Yup.
I'll take that as remove it.

I have never heard of the Parappa leak. How many websites/ videos talked about it?

None, because Parappa is a Sony character. Some people on forums and stuff just gave it attention because it was so laughably fake, it wasn't a lot of people though.

GameXplain is great, but they do make twenty minute discussions based on single images sometimes. And think of how many crazy ideas Andre has had for stages. It's not like they're always serious.
They covered the Palutena images, which later turned out to be fake (even if they were believable at the time). They're not perfect.
Well, maybe Derrick is.

The Momotaro reference is awesome.

Takamaru = Momotaro
Fox = Dog
Falco = Pheasant
Diddy = Monkey (taunt pose is perfect for this shot too.

Bowser + ore club = Oni

I actually got the reference too! This only because I recently watched the guys in Tsukai no Gaki (hopefully i spelled it right) enact it while wasted

GameXplain is great, but they do make twenty minute discussions based on single images sometimes. And think of how many crazy ideas Andre has had for stages. It's not like they're always serious.
They covered the Palutena images, which later turned out to be fake (even if they were believable at the time). They're not perfect.
Well, maybe Derrick is.

Well to be fair, they cover things with the acknowledgement that they very well may not be true. But even though the Palutena images were fake, she of course turned out to be real

Well to be fair, they cover things with the acknowledgement that they very well may not be true. But even though the Palutena images were fake, she of course turned out to be real
That's what I was saying - GameXplain having talked about the "Tower of Smash" leak doesn't make the "Tower of Smash" leak any more credible.

Exotoro

Yooo there's a leak with parappa? Gotta see.

jorgejjvr

The 3ds version makes me want to play the wii u version so much more. Sometimes it can be a bit frustrating when the inputs you plan on doing don't come out exactly, feels like I am not at full potential :p

I have a feeling the Wii U unlock conditions are going to be the same as the 3DS because it is done through the modes shared on both games. I hope you can connect to the Wii U version to bypass doing Classic mode over and over.

jorgejjvr

I have a feeling the Wii U unlock conditions are going to be the same as the 3DS because it is done through the modes shared on both games. I hope you can connect to the Wii U version to bypass doing Classic mode over and over.
I got all characters by playing in versus, online with friends, and for glory 1 on 1. But yeah, hopefully if you connect the two you have all the characters from the get go on the wii u version

Neoxon

As for the rumor, to be fair, one could argue that you spend a good chunk of the time on Orbital Gate on the Great Fox. I'm not on either side of the rumor, but it's something to consider. I need more substantial evidence before I can be swayed to either side.

Jagsrock

Banned
screen-2.jpg

screen-4.jpg

screen-6.jpg

Wii U version looking so good. HYPE RISING.

also some classic sakurai humor right here lol.
screen-5.jpg

Renta

Banned
Yknow, there's nothing quite like breaking someone's shield with browser then proceeding with a full charged side smash.

Delicious.

They still can promote the connection between 3DS and WiiU, making people think it's worth buying both. I expect to see a direct before Oct 11, about NN3DS, software for winter, and maybe Xenoblade Cross.

It would be wise for NoE and NoA to completely ignore the New 3DS until early next year. I'm pretty sure that's what they'll do as well.

Roo

Rösti;132742565 said:
charactermjy80.png

At the bottom right are six empty slots. With Ness, Falco, Wario and Duck Hunt, that leaves two empty spots.

Ridley and K. Rool?

More like Dr. Mario, ROB and Dark Pit.

Been playing some for glory and man Jigglypuff is so boring to fight against.

Tons of air dodge spam makes for an annoying opponent.

I had to use my Mario just to beat it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom