• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U POTD Thread 17: Smash 3DS Discussion @ OT PLS

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know why you would want that anyway, but...
mario-kart-8.jpg

Or did you mean the suit alone, with no one inside?
...why would I want no one inside it? O_O

I am of course taking about Mario or Luigi in it. Dr. Mario then Tanooki Luigi would be cool. Or Tanooki Toad just to get him in the game already. I just love using that suit in SM3DL and want it playable! They already have it kinda have the moveset made with the item lol. Tail whip, glide, down b turns to stone. Writes itself.

Are you sure nobody would surprise you?
Here are some unlikely ones:

Doshin the Giant pisses on the competition!

Rusty strikes up a deal!

Any objections, lady? Adam Malkovich does not authorize your victory!

To fight monsters, we created monsters of our own. Giant Robot cancels the apocalypse!

GameBoy Camera easter egg people... you know what, I'm out.
Adam would surprise me due to everyone mostly hating on Other M. Otherwise, no. Characters like Doshin or GBC are characters I don't really know anything about, so its suprising that way but it'd be like "heres a character I've never seen! Enjoy!" I dunno.

how do you unlock additional rules in local play, want to play time+stock but cant already have the entire roster and all but one stage

This may sound dumb but I just got it after teching a few times in Training mode. I suppose its possible I got a few KOs which set me over some limit though.

EDIT: just checked and I have 201 KOs so that's probably it. :p

either way, you actually need to play the game for a while to unlock that, which is weird
Man, that must have resulted in some awkward moments at launch tournaments.

"Alright guys, remember to get the rules right, including the time limit!"

"Wait, you can set a time limit?"

"Yeah it's right the- Oh."

Man, that must have resulted in some awkward moments at launch tournaments.

"Alright guys, remember to get the rules right, including the time limit!"

"Wait, you can set a time limit?"

"Yeah it's right the- Oh."

I think you forgot the classic "shit I can't read Japanese, what do these settings say" moment :p

When Impa is revealed, The Captain will say that was an obvious choice.
It already is, kind of. There aren't many characters left for them to add. I just seriously hope she isn't a clone of Sheik, because that would make half of all the Zelda characters clones.
Has Impa ever appeared on a handheld game?
Yup, Oracle of Ages/Seasons and Link Between Worlds. Both use that "old Impa" design.
And if Smash considers Ocarina of Time 3D a handheld-specific game, then she appeared in that too.
DEEPEST LORE!
I guess this explains why Doctor Mario/Tanooki Mario/Metal Mario/Gold Mario/Shadow Mario are all their own characters next to Mario.

munchie64

Strange how some of the PAL trophy descriptions are different:
Eating one of these gives you an extra life.That's right! A whole extra version of you! But it does make you wonder, is getting 1-Up Mushrooms and making more copies of yourself the real goal of any adventure? You can just imagine a bunch of Marios getting together to discuss it...

I was thinking about what stages we're yet to see for Wii U.

Currently missing:

Donkey Kong
Yoshi
Kirby
F-Zero
Duck Hunt
Game & Watch

Plus Mother which only has a retro stage so far.

Then I'd say it's a safe bet we'll get another new stage for Mario, Zelda and Pokemon.

F-Zero and Mother I can see just having a cross platform stage with the 3DS and getting Mute City and Magicant. More so Magicant.

Felt a bit slow when I suddenly realised what this Ness tshirt was a reference to:

Of course when I realised this it instantly became my Ness attire of choice.

Hoooooollly shit. That's so, so cool. I feel slow now too, because I sure as hell didn't catch that at all.

The Gamexplain guys pronounce it "Oh-Nett" I say "One-Ett" because of Twoson, Threed and Fourside, so the pun works with saying it as "One-Ett"

What's the right way to say Onett?

Actually I think Derrick and I say "Oh-NETT," while Andre says "AWN-ett." I confess, though, that I have no idea how you're supposed to say it, and given the naming pun, I wouldn't be surprised if it is actually "One-ett."

Xane

Because the 3DS isn't meant to run something like smash. You have to cut corners here and there. Wether it be animation or ice climbers.

This doesn't make any sense in regards to the flipping. This is a feature added in in order to make the game more readable, not part of the "cutting corners".

I wouldn't be that worried - even if he's not in Xenoblade X, that just puts him on the same level as Olimar and Marth; being the original protagonist of a series which frequently switches casts.

That's more than Isaac, at least.

But wasn't Olimar the main protagonist of Pikmin 2, and was still in Pikmin 3?

Speaking of trophies, I wonder if we'll ever find out which other trophy besides Tharja was removed...

So silly. :/

Why was Tharja removed? Is she in the JP one?

But wasn't Olimar the main protagonist of Pikmin 2, and was still in Pikmin 3?

Olimar was the main protagonist in Pikmin and Pikmin 2 (though he shared the spotlight with Louie/the President in the latter), and still played a major role in Pikmin 3's story. He's still the face of the series.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Well we've seen that Nopon exist in XCX so clearly the true face of the series is the Heropon Riki!

Son Of D

The Gamexplain guys pronounce it "Oh-Nett" I say "One-Ett" because of Twoson, Threed and Fourside, so the pun works with saying it as "One-Ett"

I've called it Oh-nett since I didn't know about Earthbound until Melee and didn't know about the Twoson, Threed and Fourside puns. Okay Fourside is also in Melee but I still didn't make that connection.

flohen95

I seem to remember that Marcus Lindblom, the game's translator, pronounces it as Oh-Nett. I can't find the source of it, though. Might have been one of Clyde Mandelin's or Fangamer's livestreams.

Also, there's the fact that the Japanese Katakana (オネット onetto) implys the pronounciation to be Oh-Nett, instead of One-ett (would be either ワンエット wan'etto or ワネット wanetto). So take that as you will.

Gartooth

I wish that we would see more Xenoblade characters playable, but that probably won't happen since X is going with an all new cast.

Gonna watch what I say here, but removing Isaac as an Assist Trophy was a conscious decision. If there's DLC planned, I think he has a shot.

This indeed sounds plausible. There's three Golden Sun games spread across two Nintendo handhelds, and not even having a passing reference to the series in the handheld version of Smash seems odd. It's even odder when Isaac was an assist trophy in Brawl, but hasn't been carried over to SSB4. Have any other brawl assist trophies been cut? (Apart from Little Mac – we know what happened to him!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom