• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U POTD Thread 17: Smash 3DS Discussion @ OT PLS

Status
Not open for further replies.
I donno if it just looking similar to the great cave offensive means it isn't the tower of smash. I mean, Sakurai's artstyle doesn't change all that much between games, it could easily be similar looking and not end up being it. We'll just have to see I guess.
I mean, fuck, both the tower of smash rumor and a great cave offensive stage sound amazing, so I won't be too disappointed either way.

If it were a Smash series related cart for the presumed Tower of Smash it'd probably look like those carts with the closing tops seen in Subspace Emissary, after all Smash Run has the black barrel cannons from SSE (admittedly similar in design to the ones in Kirby).
Basically I'm saying that I'm sure it's the Great Cave Offensive.

Farewell Tower of Smash, it can't even crumble to ruin as it as merely an illusion that will fade from view that was too good an idea for this world.

Hatchtag

Banned
What?

The Tower of Smash rumor listed about a million stages and none of them were Great Cave Offensive. You can't have both. Just like you can't have Gematsu and no Chrom or Chorus Kids. Leak is dead.

That's not at all what I'm saying. I'm saying that if it's one of the levels of the Tower of Smash (not a stage on its own), then it's not unusual for Sakurai to have something that looks similar to the great cave offensive.

At the same time, I don't really care if theleak is true, because it's a cool stage if it is a stage, and if it's part of the Tower of Smash, then that's cool too.

also pls go away gematsu denialists.

Reading that comment for the picture again, yeah, it's a Great Cave Offensive stage:

'Kirby's going for a ride in a mine cart. Well, this situation looks familiar. This stage has some rules that are rare in the Smash Bros. series."

That's not at all what I'm saying. I'm saying that if it's one of the levels of the Tower of Smash (not a stage on its own), then it's not unusual for Sakurai to have something that looks similar to the great cave offensive.

At the same time, I don't really care if theleak is true, because it's a cool stage if it is a stage, and if it's part of the Tower of Smash, then that's cool too.

also pls go away gematsu denialists.

Gematsu deniers are fine. Choose what you want to believe.

omngfg the minecart has the same design as the one in great cave offensive (look at BankSlammer's pic)

PLEASE PLEASE PELASE PEAAJEEHEAHUIEUHQUEASE

Get excited for a twenty minute GameXplain discussion where they discuss the image and what it means for Tower of Smash!

Calling it now: the total length of the video will be 22:46.

Hatchtag

Banned
Get excited for a twenty minute GameXplain discussion where they discuss the image and what it means for Tower of Smash!

Personally I'm more excited that we'll get to discuss stupid polls instead of something actually interesting and fun to speculate on.

Sponge

Banned

I already sent them the picture in their inbox. Now we play the waiting game.

Since that's apparently from Kirby Super Star, you would think it would've been on the 3DS instead because of Ultra similar to Gerudo Valley.

Neoxon

Ice Climbers break the Ice.
Enjoy playing as the veterans Ice Climbers. They first showed up in Melee, and we couldn't just let them go.*

*Exclusive to Wii U.
They've advertised the "Same roster across both versions" aspect a lot. Sakurai won't go back on it now for one character (or two, technically).

anyways who's pumped for the wham bam rock stage boss

yes yes something something master hand something

I wonder if he'll retain the new look he got in Ultra?

Probably, lol

omg omg if this means we get the crystal cavern/mystery paradise as part of the background HNNNGGGGG

Not only does that minecart look like it was taken from Kirby Superstar, but the castle in the background looks like this one:

d4uLpYy.png

Also from the Great Cave Offensive.

With Kirby out of the way the only two franchises I worry that won't get a new stage in the Wii U version are Earthbound and F-Zero. Every other veteran character franchise is accounted for (save R.O.B., but who cares) save Donkey Kong, Yoshi, and Game & Watch, and no way are those three not getting a new stage at all between both versions. This is making me feel pretty good about the Wii U's stages.

Neoxon

So Impa is down, but what about the other 4? Didn't that one GAFer mention them, or is there room for interpretation?

Not

Banned
Couldn't the mine cart be part of Mt. Dedede or something? Riding down the slope? Even if the cart itself is from Great Cave Offensive?

Hatchtag

Banned
Okay, yeah, that's definitely not just a tower of Smash level.
Thank god hope for Pokemon Stadium 1 instead of 2 returns.
Could arguably be a Melee-style adventure mode stage, but I'm just gonna assume it's a Great Cave Offensive stage. We still have yet to see the Wii U exclusive mode though, and the comment about the different rules is peculiar.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom