• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U POTD Thread 17: Smash 3DS Discussion @ OT PLS

Status
Not open for further replies.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Rumble Falls is the reason you shouldn't put hope in that "leak".

Also another reason why Shulk has a good chance of returning, the main protagonist in XCX is made by the player. Of course Robin did get in.

?...why's that?

tumblr_mjpunpMIjx1qzuvmso1_250.gif

Gonna watch what I say here, but removing Isaac as an Assist Trophy was a conscious decision. If there's DLC planned, I think he has a shot.

His assist trophy was probably removed because he's irrelevant as a Nintendo character, his series is dead, and he isn't popular enough to hold any sort of nostalgia value.

Otherwise you could say the same about Ray MK and Resetti

Roo

I could play on Rumble Falls just fine.

Yeah, I don't understand the hate it gets
It had its flaws (those spikes.. ugh) but it was fun nonetheless.
There are way worse stages than deserve to rot in hell until the end of time
*cough* New Pork City *cough*

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Well if they forgot to import the spike along with the rest of the Rumble Falls stage it wouldn't be too bad.

His assist trophy was probably removed because he's irrelevant as a Nintendo character, his series is dead, he isn't popular enough to hold any sort of nostalgia value.
Dohohohoho. People still use this term for Smash Bros?

Dohohohoho. People still use this term for Smash Bros?

Nobody goes "Hey, that's a cool reference" for Isaac like some of the other obscure references. He's just "that guy from that GBA RPG" that everyone owned and played but kind of just faded entirely from memory.

If he has a serious chance to be playable, so does Resetti, Jill and Barbara the Bat. So he doesn't really have a serious chance at all. He didn't even have a chance at his peak popularity for Brawl. After that him and his series just faded away, and given the sales of his last game, will probably be gone for a very long time, if not forever.

Mushroomy Kingdom is on the 3DS version. That one was pretty bad.
Worst case scenario? The only Donkey Kong stages this time around are Rumble Falls and 75m, and nothing else.
New Pork City filling in for the Mother series without anything else was thankfully averted... but we still may get that awful stage.

It's pretty bad that all I want to do is play online and I can't even do that. Is there any channel or way to contact Nintendo and make sure the issue is known so they can actually fix it up?

Sponge

Banned
I think so, the cart style matches up. (err, I posted this before I noticed the image was added, point still stands!)

Guess I'll get my new DK stage another day...

Yep, it's Great Cave Offensive.

That Tower leak had Cookie Country, Mt. Dedede, and Patch Land as the Kirby stages. Which doesn't match up to this at all. I think we can finally put a nail through this coffin.

Neoxon

Yep, it's Great Cave Offensive.

That Tower leak had Cookie Country, Mt. Dedede, and Patch Land as the Kirby stages. Which doesn't match up to this at all. I think we can finally put a nail through this coffin.
So NOW it's legit dead. It was fun while it lasted.

So NOW it's legit dead. It was fun while it lasted.
The Chris Pratt duo confirmed dead.
Yep :/ and so much for any Return to Dreamland stage! Looks like Sakurai has made two new Kirby stages so far that are based off his time with HAL Labs.
Sakurai bias. Well, not really - Kirby's Final Smash changed to fit Return to Dreamland. Did we have two new Kirby stages in Brawl, or was Halberd the only one?
That's what I was thinking at first, but you're right about there being no place for it, so it has to be a new stage. Wonder if that's what we're getting tomorrow?
The new pic has a brick pattern in the back wall, Palutena's Temple looks to be more like a cave.

Sponge

Banned
The Chris Pratt duo confirmed dead.

Sakurai bias. Well, not really - Kirby's Final Smash changed to fit Return to Dreamland. Did we have two new Kirby stages in Brawl, or was Halberd the only one?

I think Halberd was the only one? I forget. I almost forgot Kirby's Final Smash was from that game.

Neoxon

The Chris Pratt Duo
mfxzbhxkwyzn7vyijjag.jpg

Hopefully I don't end up like Fitz.

There's still DLC (& the rumor from that one GAFer) to look forward to.

Oh shit.

That killed the Tower of Smash leak.

Yeah, as if its' rotting corpse didn't already reek
of bullshit

The way the leak was written made me think it's some guy's roster / move-set fantasy. Then that guy decided to use an idea from Paper Mario TTYD and make a few educated guesses on stage selections.

Hatchtag

Banned
I donno if it just looking similar to the great cave offensive means it isn't the tower of smash. I mean, Sakurai's artstyle doesn't change all that much between games, it could easily be similar looking and not end up being it. We'll just have to see I guess.
I mean, fuck, both the tower of smash rumor and a great cave offensive stage sound amazing, so I won't be too disappointed either way.

Fiktion

Banned
I donno if it just looking similar to the great cave offensive means it isn't the tower of smash. I mean, Sakurai's artstyle doesn't change all that much between games, it could easily be similar looking and not end up being it. We'll just have to see I guess.
I mean, fuck, both the tower of smash rumor and a great cave offensive stage sound amazing, so I won't be too disappointed either way.

What?

The Tower of Smash rumor listed about a million stages and none of them were Great Cave Offensive. You can't have both. Just like you can't have Gematsu and no Chrom or Chorus Kids. Leak is dead.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom