• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U POTD Thread 17: Smash 3DS Discussion @ OT PLS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wouldn't it be a twist if this was only a part of a larger super star level that had a portion of my dedede in it. Like the paper Mario stage

And that was used as the icon for the stage

Lol

Hatchtag

Banned
I really think the guesses about there being a Nintendo Direct right before the New 3DS release are pretty solid. Give info about Smash, Pokemon ORAS, Captain Toad, and 2015 releases. Tell us more about Amiibos, announce a Wii U bundle if there'll be one. Fill the rest of it with N3DS info while the other regions get Bayonetta 2 and localization info.

The fact that they're exactly afraid to show Onett on Ness' page makes me think that it will be one of the pics this week.

Also, watch everyone hate Great Cave Offensive if (when?) it's confirmed to be a moving stage.

I really think the guesses about there being a Nintendo Direct right before the New 3DS release are pretty solid. Give info about Smash, Pokemon ORAS, Captain Toad, and 2015 releases. Tell us more about Amiibos, announce a Wii U bundle if there'll be one. Fill the rest of it with N3DS info while the other regions get Bayonetta 2 and localization info.

Nintendo hasn't had a normal direct in forever. dunno what's up.

Well, this is a bummer. While a Kirby Super Star/Great Cave Offensive stage is really awesome, it also almost certainly kills the Tower of Smash leak, and that's a real downer. Oh well, it was mostly too good to be true anyway.
Can we expect a GameXplain discussion about it soon?
Is it going to be 22:46?

What's the Chris Pratt duo?

Neoxon and Mariolee. Mariolee made an avatar bet with me that the leak was real.

Yep! I probably won't be on it, though. Andre wants to record it ASAP and I'm not home to join him right now.
What a shame, I was hoping you could rig it add some thoughtful commentary.

More fuel for the Nintendo Direct fire: preorder for Shin Megami Tensei X Fire Emblem now up via Best Buy. Last we heard about it was a brief confirmation that it wasn't dead at the Codename: S.T.E.A.M. roundtable, and before that was early 2013. Is it finally happening? Are we finally going to see what the hell it is?
Nintendo Direct hype!

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Wait...What? When did he mention seeing them on the 3DS?

Well, I dunno.

Fuck it, I'm just gonna put it out there:

(And I'm not saying this to troll fans or keep the hype up or whatever.)

I have a source who has been right about previous leaks and has worked on the European localization of the game. He says he has definitely seen moving models of Dixie, Ridley, Chorus Men and Mewtwo in the game and he's still confident that these four characters can be unlocked by linking the 3DS version to the Wii U version.

Now, I know how outlandish this sounds, and being a game journalist myself I'm taking this with a grain of salt myself, but we're talking about the guy who told me about the Bowser Jr. alts immediately after the ESRB leaks and has never been wrong about other stuff as well. Plus, the whole connectivity thing makes far too much sense, if only to get fans to buy both versions. *insert itprintsmoney.gif here*

Again, I swear on my soul that I'm not trolling. Time will tell. I thought Ridley was never gonna be in, but hey.

JazzmanZ

Not only does that minecart look like it was taken from Kirby Superstar, but the castle in the background looks like this one:

d4uLpYy.png

Also from the Great Cave Offensive.
Y'know.

If the tower of smash guy really did see just the buttons for the stage select, and how he thought orbital gate was great fox, whose to say he didn't confuse Mt.dedede with that castle? :)

Pizza

So... my Wii U is done for pretty much out of nowhere. I get prompted by the system to update, so I do.

Then while installing, it gets to 29% before quickly filling out the progress bar and telling me i've got error code 162-3006 to deal with. Well lucky for me it also tells me to check out nintendo's support site, which then only tells me to call nintendo support.

The two separate ladies i talked to were very helpful and understanding, the first told me to change my DNS ports, which I didnt think would matter for installation while the second simply told me that i'd have to pay and ship it to them for a fix or repair.

Has anyone in here saved their Wii U from this error? The rest of the internet doesnt have much info at all and right now it looks like i'll be repairing my console instead of getting smash 4.

I even considered buying a second wiiu, doing a system transfer, then returning the old one like a jerk but, surprise! doing a system transfer requires an update check.

ugh.

what if the tower of smash guy mistook castle siege for mt dedede, but then later realized his mistake and added castle siege to the list, but forgot to remove mt dedede

makes you think, doesn't it

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
What if Tower of Smash guy snuck in through the wrong door and was looking at the monitor of someone working on a completely different game and mistook it for Smash?

The thing about the Tower of Smash leak is, how the hell did he guess Smashville? If I was making a well thought out, fake leak I sure as hell wouldn't have included it. And while Castle Siege, Onett , and to a lesser extent, the Game & Wario stages are pretty easy guesses, it's pretty weird that he got them all right alongside Smashville. So he's either stupidly lucky or legit.

Mariolee

I'm still not convinced the Tower of Smash leak was completely fake. We still don't know the full context of that pic. We'll see...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom