• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U POTD Thread 17: Smash 3DS Discussion @ OT PLS

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think Smashville is particularly out there.

In terms of workload, it probably doesn't take much to just up-res that stage, especially since the style isn't really affected. I also don't think Town and City from Smash 4 has the time gimmick, does it? So it makes sense to just quickly port up Smashville.

Or, since there seems to be a love for flat retro stages this time round, make a stage based on aLttP with SNES graphics.

Yeah 2D zelda needs more love in Smash as well. Now that I think about it, don't think any 2D Zelda has gotten a stage yet unless you wanna count Temple as a Zelda 2 one.

I mean, you guys do realize that real text leaks are pretty limited right (Gematsu didn't have all the newcomers (+they missed twice), Ninka/Vaanrose was extremely limited).

In terms of workload, it probably doesn't take much to just up-res that stage, especially since the style isn't really affected. I also don't think Town and City from Smash 4 has the time gimmick, does it? So it makes sense to just quickly port up Smashville.

It makes sense from a development standpoint, but seriously try to find me someone who actually guessed it would be returning before the leak. Overlooking something like this doesn't make sense with how much work the guy put into the rest of the leak.

I mean, you guys do realize that real text leaks are pretty limited right (Gematsu didn't have all the newcomers (+they missed twice), Ninka/Vaanrose was extremely limited).

Ninka/Vaanrose basically called all the remaining Newcomers, yeah?

Super Smash Bros. Brawl had forty-one stages. The Tower of Smash leaker said fifteen would return.
However, two of those forty-one stages are Final Destination and Battlefield, so let's get rid of those.
Now let's get rid of Halberd and Castle Siege, which we knew about before the stage list was posted.
The leaker guessed that thirteen out of thirty-seven stages would be returning. That's about a little more than a third - so getting two right really isn't all that impressive.

If I guessed that thirteen numbers would be pulled out of a thirty-seven number lottery, then got two right, would I be considered psychic?

Okrag

Super Smash Bros. Brawl had forty-one stages. The Tower of Smash leaker said fifteen would return.
However, two of those forty-one stages are Final Destination and Battlefield, so let's get rid of those.
Now let's get rid of Halberd and Castle Siege, which we knew about before the stage list was posted.
The leaker guessed that thirteen out of thirty-seven stages would be returning. That's about a little more than a third - so getting two right really isn't all that impressive.

If I guessed that thirteen numbers would be pulled out of a thirty-seven number lottery, then got two right, would I be considered psychic?

You also have to get rid of Shadow Moses.

wait can someone post the actual stagelist leak again?

73yoyiY.png

Neiteio

Town and City has the time gimmick (different times of day, etc). Only thing different between it and Smashville is Smashville stays in place and has different platforms.

I'm going to quote this when Ridley makes his big debut as DLC.

I'm sure that Ridley won't be playable - or at least this time around. Maybe in the next installment though.

Feel free to quote me on this: Ridley will not be playable as a character in Super Smash Bros. for 3DS or Super Smash Bros. for Wii U.
Playable stage boss? Maybe. But not a playable character.

GameXplain discussion up. 15:26. Damn.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
Sakurai, you fucking bastard...

Do you know how long I've wanted a Great Cave Offensive stage? Seriously my favorite Kirby Stage, in fact it's surprising we've never had a stage directly based off Super Star as far as I know, except for Melee's All-Star Mode (and I guess SSE borrows many elements from it).

I don't care if the Tower of Smash rumor is false now, because fuck, THIS...this is all I've ever wanted.

If this song gets a remix...literally the best Kirby song ever...

Do you know how long I've wanted a Great Cave Offensive stage? Seriously my favorite Kirby Stage, in fact it's surprising we've never had a stage directly based off Super Star as far as I know, except for Melee's All-Star Mode (and I guess SSE borrows many elements from it).

I don't care if the Tower of Smash rumor is false now, because fuck, THIS...this is all I've ever wanted.

jesus I know just how you feel man

GIVE ME THAT ARRANGEMENT OMG

I'm sure that Ridley won't be playable - or at least this time around. Maybe in the next installment though.

Feel free to quote me on this: Ridley will not be playable as a character in Super Smash Bros. for 3DS or Super Smash Bros. for Wii U.

Aww not even close on the time

If Ridley isn't playable in any form before the next Smash game comes out, I will forever change my avatar to an avatar of your choosing.

It's clear to me now, if we want to get Ridley in Smash Bros. we need to get Sakurai to make a Metroid game. Only then will Metroid get the representation it deserves, and Ridley can be playable.

Makai

That is good

214.png

Have no idea who the people who were a part of this were. I'm assuming most of them aren't gamers, at least not new school gamers.

That moment when you realize Pikacu is more recognizable than Mario...

Here's a spreadsheet I've made of all the equipment I've found.

Actually it's pretty interesting.

- Attack equipment doesn't affect your item weight for Smash Run at all, defense increases it anywhere from 0 to 2, and speed decreases it anywhere from -1 to -6. Generally speed equipment greatly reduces your item capacity, and rightly so when it comes to Smash Run.

- There's a lot of individualized attack equipment for each fighter, less so for defense, and speed items are shared among the most fighters. Lots of shoe and boot wearers. I like all the character-specific items. I find it amusing that Dr. Mario wears ties as a defense item (sharing them with DK).

- Negative powers can give you some incredible stat boosts with few negatives. Crash Lander gave me +80 and -19!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom