• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U POTD Thread 17: Smash 3DS Discussion @ OT PLS

Status
Not open for further replies.

xaszatm

Banned
Hey guys, I've been a long time smash player but never mastered the game. I main Link (by which I mean I can reach near average levels with him) but I'm having problem getting people off the stage. I have no problem dealing damage but I'm playing online matches where I lose 0-2 and the opponent will have 150-250% in damage and yet I cannot get them off the stage let alone win. All the smash attack I connect only hit with the initial one and not against the one that matters will be missed somehow. What can I do?

Richie

Have no idea who the people who were a part of this were. I'm assuming most of them aren't gamers, at least not new school gamers.

That moment when you realize Pikacu is more recognizable than Mario...

More people could name Mr. Game & Watch and Zero Suit Samus than Duck Hunt Dog? Odd, it's one character that always hypes my (non-gaming) friends when I tell them of it. "Hey, the Dog from Duck Hunt? He's playable in the new Smash!". People here remember him fondly.

Hey guys, I've been a long time smash player but never mastered the game. I main Link (by which I mean I can reach near average levels with him) but I'm having problem getting people off the stage. I have no problem dealing damage but I'm playing online matches where I lose 0-2 and the opponent will have 150-250% in damage and yet I cannot get them off the stage let alone win. All the smash attack I connect only hit with the initial one and not against the one that matters will be missed somehow. What can I do?

figure out what moves kill with Link, and when to use them to get the kill

I don't actually play Link, so idk, but I think his forward tilt is decent at it?

jnWake

More people could name Mr. Game & Watch and Zero Suit Samus than Duck Hunt Dog? Odd, it's one character that always hypes my (non-gaming) friends when I tell them of it. "Hey, the Dog from Duck Hunt? He's playable in the new Smash!". People here remember him fondly.

I think the render pose doesn't make him recognizable. If the pose was him laughing then a lot more people would know who he was.

214.png

Have no idea who the people who were a part of this were. I'm assuming most of them aren't gamers, at least not new school gamers.

this isnt real. it was just something some guy on /v/ made to bait people

Mistle

I'm glad the painfully fake 4chan leak is busted. Was sad seeing so many people get their hopes up.

The game is fantastic as it is, I'm really not clamouring for more. I did have my hopes set on Chorus Kids, but at least I got Shulk, so that's OK with me.

Taichu

To me, it seems like the Great Cave Offensive could be a new single player mode for Wii U, similiar to how 3DS got City Trial aka Smash Run.

This would also bring a purpose to the Amiibo characters, where you can bring in your CPU Amiibo to help you fight.

No, I mean the one with the mine cart.

I'd say none.

- Some say it could be a part of Mt. Dedede
- Others say it breaks the leak due to it seemingly not being on the list
- Beelzebufo says it could be part/ is the Tower of Smash (though he could be joking)

No one really knows in till we get context on the stage.

Formless

His forward tilt, up smash (unlike in previous games), and down air can kill reliably at high percentages. Also the first part of his down air spikes the opponent down, and if you're feeling adventurous you can do this off-stage. Luckily, regular Link's down air is floaty/slow enough that you can usually up-B again if you miss.

J@hranimo

Banned
Sup SmashGAF, took a break from Smash 4 for a while.

I heard about that leaked Kirby stage. Doesn't seem like anything from the rumor leak. So...fake?

Kinsei

Banned
Sup SmashGAF, took a break from Smash 4 for a while.

I heard about that leaked Kirby stage. Doesn't seem like anything from the rumor leak. So...fake?

It looks liket the leak is fake. I mean, there's always a chance that the pic was from Mt. Dedede or Tower of Smash, but it's highly unlikely.

J@hranimo

Banned

Richie

I think the render pose doesn't make him recognizable. If the pose was him laughing then a lot more people would know who he was.

That's a very good point. I'm convinced!

I'm still intrigued by the Wii U menu's layout being given to us via Smash 3DS' Wii U option. Aaah, speculation!

So, It looks like the only leak we have left is Spainkiller's?

Have their been any other leaks since the game's release?

They are both featured in the video game Kirby Super Star, aka Kirby Super Deluxe aka Kirby's Fun Pak for Super Nintendo, Wii, and DS.
Outside of both locations being in the same game and both featuring castles (that look completely different), nothing.

Hmp, I see.

I just saw the pic that Kirby and Pikachu riding a minecart, where's that from? A magazine scan or something?

edit: smash facebook page.

Kinsei

Banned
So I was just looking at the screenshots of Ness on the official site, and it looks like PK starstorm works differently in the Wii U version than it does in the 3DS version. In the 3DS version it works like Lucario's old final smash, but the picture on the site looks like it works the same as in Brawl.

Has this been discussed?

xaszatm

Banned
His forward tilt, up smash (unlike in previous games), and down air can kill reliably at high percentages. Also the first part of his down air spikes the opponent down, and if you're feeling adventurous you can do this off-stage. Luckily, regular Link's down air is floaty/slow enough that you can usually up-B again if you miss.

Thanks, will try it out!

So I was just looking at the screenshots of Ness on the official site, and it looks like PK starstorm works differently in the Wii U version than it does in the 3DS version. In the 3DS version it works like Lucario's old final smash, but the picture on the site looks like it works the same as in Brawl.

Has this been discussed?

It looks the same as the 3DS version to me--it's just zoomed in so it looks wider than it is.

J@hranimo

Banned

Too be honest....*sigh*, I'm still not believing it so I don't set myself up for disappointment. Nothing against him or anything, but I'm playing the patient waiting game.

If he is right though, he should definitely get a tag or something.

Has this been discussed?

You can control the direction of the meteor shower.

214.png

Regardless of real or not, something like this shows that smash is hitting that point where they pretty much have used all the big name Ninty characters. Also, I kind of laughed at shulk :p

Oh snap I just KO punched Master Hand as he was pointing his finger gun at me, smashed the tip of his pointer finger!

Also I have a real knack for pausing the game at any given time, just because I needed to pause, and then realizing that it's a hilarious screenshot.

KtNEheM.jpg

Another one I got earlier.

wIOlVUQ.jpg

Neoxon

Have their been any other leaks since the game's release?

Hmp, I see.
It's not that I doubt Spainkiller himself (supposedly, he is pretty legit), it's his source who I'm having second thoughts about. When it comes to rumors & leaks, you learn not to shoot the messenger.

Do I think we'll get DLC, hell yeah. Do I think some trophy-only characters have a shot, yeah. Do I think it'll happen the way Spainkiller's source said it will, I'm not sure. Like with the Tower of Smash rumor, I'm gonna stay in the middle & watch what happens.

Just watch today's Pic of the Day be an Endless Ocean stage.

Then a few hours later the Smash Bros. Facebook page shows New Pork City as a stage on Wii U.

It's not that I doubt Spainkiller himself (supposedly, he is pretty legit), it's his source who I'm having second thoughts about. When it comes to rumors & leaks, you learn not to shoot the messenger.

Do I think we'll get DLC, hell yeah. Do I think some trophy-only characters have a shot, yeah. Do I think it'll happen the way Spainkiller's source said it will, I'm not sure. Like with the Tower of Smash rumor, I'm gonna stay in the middle & watch what happens.

I'm suprised you didn't say anything about salt, that's practically your catch phrase.

Well, second catch phrase

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
Yeah, for the record, the Tower of Smash leak copied SpainKiller (well, I mean, unless he's legit), except Impa being added.

So Ridley, Mewtwo, Chorus Kids, Dixie, they still have a chance.

Also I realized, that Facebook Pic spoiling the new Kirby Stage, we'll probably see it this week, right? Personally though, I hope tonight is another surprise Secret Character blowout. Bet we'll see Jigglypuff, Ganondorf, and Doc next.

Interesting to note that we have not seen any official reveal for the Pokemon stage on Wii U, though we've known about it since Greninja's trailer.

For those who may have missed it earlier

I contacted him through PM and he told me his friend saw them on the 3DS version.

Spainkiller's source said he saw the 4 characters' moving models on the 3DS.

Also I realized, that Facebook Pic spoiling the new Kirby Stage, we'll probably see it this week, right? Personally though, I hope tonight is another surprise Secret Character blowout. Bet we'll see Jigglypuff, Ganondorf, and Doc next.

I need to see Ganondorf in HD, I just need it.

Yeah, for the record, the Tower of Smash leak copied SpainKiller (well, I mean, unless he's legit), except Impa being added.

So Ridley, Mewtwo, Chorus Kids, Dixie, they still have a chance.

The secret characters are almost certainly going to be revealed in the order they're unlocked via VS matches (that's the order they're listed in right now), so Dark Pit, Dr. Mario, and R.O.B. should be next. Though the clones could be skipped for the end, I suppose.

I didn't catch this conversation, how is it "essentially debunked"?

New stage accidentally revealed through Smash Bros. Facebook page, most likely scenario is that it's from Kirby Super Star, which did not appear on the Tower of Smash stage list.

I need to see Ganondorf in HD, I just need it.

Hopefully in HD he'll look like Ganondorf, the Great King of Evil.

In the 3DS version he's just Ganondork.

hJ97Y99.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom