• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U POTD Thread 17: Smash 3DS Discussion @ OT PLS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
Are Wii Fit and Duck Hunt the only repped smash bros games that never had a game on handhelds? (including ports)

Because Wii Fit doesn't have a stage on the 3ds version, but it does on Wii U. I wonder if it will be the same for Duck Hunt.

R.O.B. and Pikmin.

Punch Out

Well, if Virtual Console counts, then it's on the 3DS VC.

zlCfzSg_7pMGuB5KP2

Pic of the day. Conquest mode is now open to overseas players. This is when things finally get serious. We've increased the frequency for updates, too. The Global Smash Power rankings will get interesting with more players involved. Connect online, and keep updating your status. This screenshot is the result from the last Conquest challenge. (image is from the Japanese version)

Hatchtag

Banned
Are Wii Fit and Duck Hunt the only repped smash bros games that never had a game on handhelds? (including ports)

Because Wii Fit doesn't have a stage on the 3ds version, but it does on Wii U. I wonder if it will be the same for Duck Hunt.

If you count references in other games (such as handheld entries of WarioWare), Wii Fit (and maybe Pikmin but I'm not sure) is the only one.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
Yeah, Pikmin had a reference in Made in Wario.

It was actually pretty neat looking.

Zubz

Banned
If you count references in other games (such as handheld entries of WarioWare), Wii Fit (and maybe Pikmin but I'm not sure) is the only one.

Pikmin are used for the DS>3DS and 3DS>3DS animations, and there is a Pikmin microgame as one of the default games in WarioWare DIY.

I was gonna guess we were going to officially see that Great Cave Offensive level, but the menu fun never ends, I guess.

batfax

Even though the Wii U Version has a Pac-Man Stage, I'd love it if we got a general "Namco Arcade" stage that switched between them.

At the very least, I hope we get Legend of Valkyrie and Tower of Druaga (if the Tower of Smash rumor's true, apparently it's based off that) stage music at least.

Legend of Valkyrie music so goooood. And the composer is confirmed for doing work. Really wanna hear his stuff, but I don't think he did any of the 3DS music.

Fandangox

Nah don't really count that, but I forgot about Pikmin gams themselves never ever being on handhelds in any form, so my initial point is moot anyway.

Depends on whether you count the upcoming Xenoblade port or not.

JB2448

English description is up:
Masahiro Sakurai said:
Pic of the day. Conquest mode is now open to overseas players. This is when things finally get serious. We've increased the frequency for updates, too. The Global Smash Power rankings will get interesting with more players involved. Connect online, and keep updating your status. This screenshot is the result from the last Conquest challenge. (image is from the Japanese version)

Fandangox

Depends on whether you count the upcoming Xenoblade port or not.

I was, but as I said before, forgot about Pikim.

Although I guess the difference with Pikmin and Wii Fit/Duck Hunt is that Pikmin is a returning smash series, so it having any sort of stage in both versions was more important than newcomers missing a stage in one version. This is all arbitraty, anyways.

Hatchtag

Banned
Conquest: A mode I will never care about because I can't read it (I gave my brother the English version). It doesn't seem interesting enough to care about, though.

I expected the Wii U version to have an original Kirby stage (Game Boy Dream Land doesn't fit, and surely Sakurai wouldn't be content with Halberd alone) but was hoping for Epic Yarn. Well, the Great Cave Offensive is the next best thing.

Blizzard

Banned
I should try Conquest mode. It seems interesting in that you're restricted to only those two fighters if I understand correctly? I was originally thinking it was just general results for those two fighters in all online / For Glory matches or something.

zlCfzSg_7pMGuB5KP2

Fucking knew it...

Guys I can feel it coming in the air tonight. Hold on.

Clever...

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Wait, holy fucking shit there was a Miiverse stage hinted at in the 3DS code?!

That's seriously my most wanted stage if it works like the way I imagine it to (on a platform that live updates with real Miiverse messages on it). I will be fucking ecstatic if it actually happens. It would be the most hilarious stage ever.
Well for that to work it would have to be on the Wii U version since that's the platform that can draw messages from the services and display them in game Odd that there was hints for it in the 3DS version though.

I assume there was nothing for Swapnote. :(
This month marks one year on from when Swapnote died 31/10/2013

I hope "Dreams of an Absolution" is in this game.

Though, I guess its not something you would hear in a Fighting Game.

Maybe "Porky Means Business"?

Svafnir

I'm starting to get worried. We are in October and soon it's going to be novemember. Release date any time soon? I really don't want this being pushed to 2015 :(

I'm starting to get worried. We are in October and soon it's going to be novemember. Release date any time soon? I really don't want this being pushed to 2015 :(

relax...

Sakurai said he would stop w/ the Pic of the Days before the beginning of 2015.
Implying the game will be release before then.

Also, a lot of people are pointing at the release date being November 21st.

Bluth54

The 3DS version just came out worldwide a couple of days ago, today is the first weekday since then, and the first day Nintendo could issue a press release.

Honestly I wouldn't be surprised if they wait a week or two to announce the release date of the Wii U version. The 3DS version is the focus right now.

Well for that to work it would have to be on the Wii U version since that's the platform that can draw messages from the services and display them in game Odd that there was hints for it in the 3DS version though.

I assume there was nothing for Swapnote. :(
This month marks one year on from when Swapnote died 31/10/2013

There's no doubt in my mind that Pictochat 2 wasn't originally a Swapnote stage... :(

Golnei

That leaked stage list, am I correct in reading not a single new Metroid stage?

If you're referring to the debunked Tower of Smash one, it has Tourian as well as the Pyrosphere stage that was revealed alongside the Wii U game. Though in the actual game it'll likely just be Pyrosphere.

random25

zlCfzSg_7pMGuB5KP2

I use Magaman like, every match and still not enough to outdo Mario lol. Where are the Megaman fans!?

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
There's no doubt in my mind that Pictochat 2 wasn't originally a Swapnote stage... :(

That was my theory as well. Or maybe even a Flipnote stage since that would make the animation more appropriate (they both use layers which the lighter lines seem to represent)

Also technically there was a Pictochat 2 for DSi and the big gimmick of that was rainbow lines which the stage has no reference to.

Even though the Wii U Version has a Pac-Man Stage, I'd love it if we got a general "Namco Arcade" stage that switched between them.
Agreed, we can have a Namco museum stage which switches between games. I cannot say I am the biggest fan of the Pac-Land stage because the cartoonish graphics clash with the HD fighters.

I wouldn't mind a Pac Man World level. Specially because the music is awesome: http://youtu.be/HElLTs_Ve_o

So Impa is down, but what about the other 4? Didn't that one GAFer mention them, or is there room for interpretation?

:( I really wanted SS Impa in. Apart from being a ridiculously amazing character it would have been nice to have at least one character with dark skin in.

Edit 2: And I don't mean dark green like Ganondorf...

So Impa is down, but what about the other 4? Didn't that one GAFer mention them, or is there room for interpretation?
How is Impa debunked?

:( I really wanted SS Impa in. Apart from being a ridiculously amazing character it would have been nice to have at least one black character in.

... Impa is not black.

Wikipedia said:
Sheikh (pronounced /ˈʃiːk/ sheek or /ˈʃeɪk/ shayk; Arabic: شيخ‎ šayḫ, mostly pronounced [ʃeːx], plural شيوخ šuyūḫ; Hebrew: הַשַּׁיךְ Standard ha-shäyk)—also spelled Sheik, Shayk, Shaikh or Shekh, or transliterated as Shaykh—is an honorific in the Arabic language that is used strictly for royalty.

Forkball

Every character should have a stage. Maybe double up on the Fire Emblem characters though. That still leaves room for some wacky, unrepresented franchise stages like Rhythm Heaven or Tomodachi Life. IS ANYONE HOLDING OUT HOPE FOR A MYSTERIOUS MURASAME CASTLE STAGE WHO WANTS TO JOIN?

Golnei

:( I really wanted SS Impa in. Apart from being a ridiculously amazing character it would have been nice to have at least one character with dark skin in.

Edit 2: And I don't mean dark green like Ganondorf...

Ganondorf probably counts as a PoC seeing as he's part of an Arabic fantasy counterpart culture, as much as Zelda and Link are tied to a European one. He doesn't always have the green skin, either.

Though I definitely want to see more non-white characters on the roster - for the next game, aside from Impa, either Doc Louis or Mr. Sandman would be a logical second Punch-Out representative, and Alma might be prominent enough in Xenoblade X to justify inclusion, as would the non-white playable characters in S.T.E.A.M. Additionally, hopefully Splatoon's Inklings and the next AC and FE avatar characters will have a more diverse range of options which would be incorporated into their Smash appearances.

Every character should have a stage. Maybe double up on the Fire Emblem characters though. That still leaves room for some wacky, unrepresented franchise stages like Rhythm Heaven or Tomodachi Life. IS ANYONE HOLDING OUT HOPE FOR A MYSTERIOUS MURASAME CASTLE STAGE WHO WANTS TO JOIN?

I wouldn't mind seeing one, if only to give that arrangement a home.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.

Huh?

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
I meant in terms of fighter representation. Tomodachi Life has a stage yet no fighters based on that game. Similar to Elektroplankton.

What kind of fighter would you have to represent that game which isn't the Miis? The shopkeepers?

Ganondorf probably counts as a PoC seeing as he's part of an Arabic fantasy counterpart culture, as much as Zelda and Link are tied to a European one. He doesn't always have the green skin, either.

I suppose, but he's green in this game so it's a bit nonplussing that he's the only playable PoC representation.

Though I definitely want to see more non-white characters on the roster - for the next game, aside from Impa, either Doc Louis or Mr. Sandman would be a logical second Punch-Out representative, and Alma might be prominent enough in Xenoblade X to justify inclusion, as would the non-white playable characters in S.T.E.A.M. Additionally, hopefully Splatoon's Inklings and the next AC and FE avatar characters will have a more diverse range of options which would be incorporated into their Smash appearances.

Yes, all of those would be amazing! Especially Doc. And don't forget Anthony Higgs :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom