• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U POTD Thread 17: Smash 3DS Discussion @ OT PLS

Status
Not open for further replies.

zroid

Banned
NoE gives no fucks

m26E4Yc.png

-Horizon-

zlCfzSg_7pMGuB5KP2

Pic of the day. Conquest mode is now open to overseas players. This is when things finally get serious. We've increased the frequency for updates, too. The Global Smash Power rankings will get interesting with more players involved. Connect online, and keep updating your status. This screenshot is the result from the last Conquest challenge. (image is from the Japanese version)

Sakurai just don't care.

Kinda out of nowhere question, but: what do folks here think of the Dr. Wily trophy? The game is out and essentially every other trophy is an asset rip or used elsewhere in the game, but the Wily trophy stands out (unless I'm forgetting any others).

Is it possible Wily is going to appear elsewhere in the Wii U version (though it'd be kinda strange to show him beforehand, or even have his trophy in the 3DS version at all)? Could he be from a scrapped idea? Is he a pet project of one of the modelers, who only had time to make a single trophy model?

Truly this is the mystery of Dr. Wily.

Veeboy

http://www.gamnesia.com/news/transformations-were-cut-from-smash-due-to-3ds-limitations#.VDKtZ55dV8E

Transformations were cut due to the 3DS' limitations.

Similar to the Ice Climbers, this could also be why the Pokemon Trainer was cut.

Had its own thread.
Overall I'm fine with the decision, and I actually really like that certain characters can be their own 'thing' now.
It sucks that Pokemon Trainer got canned though and neither Squirtle or Ivysaur, nor their movesets lived on.

Crossposting from the 3DS OT:

So, I went ahead and designed a little Character Playlist template where you can showcase your main, secondaries, tertiaries, and even a hypothetical!

7cHOeeJ.png

Provided you have photoshop, you can even make your own! You can download the .psd template here. The text fields you're supposed to modify are unlocked and it should all be pretty self-explanatory. For character renders, you can use the imgur page with all of the alt-costume renders. Broadly speaking, using the Transform tool and shrinking the renders to 25% will give you a decent image to work with within each character slot.

Dimmle

Walked into today's Smash post like a damn fool, thinking "now that Smash 3DS is out, Sakurai will be getting serious about Wii U coverage."

And suddenly... a 3DS menu.

Golnei

Walked into today's Smash post like a damn fool, thinking "now that Smash 3DS is out, Sakurai will be getting serious about Wii U coverage."

And suddenly... a 3DS menu.

Assuming you know the inner workings of Sakurai's mind can only lead to madness and despair.

NeonZ

Kinda out of nowhere question, but: what do folks here think of the Dr. Wily trophy? The game is out and essentially every other trophy is an asset rip or used elsewhere in the game, but the Wily trophy stands out (unless I'm forgetting any others).

The Awakening characters all have new trophies too. They're kind of odd though. They're much more detailed than the Awakening battle models themselves, but seems kind of low quality for models made only to be viewed by themselves as trophies.

EhoaVash

DC5jNV1.jpg

hmm has this been posted yet? ..

date is pretty much confirmed at this point...now we just need another smash direct highlighting wii u stuff

Moonlight

Banned
The Awakening characters all have new trophies too. They're kind of odd though. They're much more detailed than the Awakening battle models themselves, but seems kind of low quality for models made only to be viewed by themselves as trophies.
Fire Emblem Awakening remake for New3DS confirmed

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
The Trophy Selection in 3DS blows Brawl out of the water.

Yeah, it's still mostly easy-to-do model rips, but there's a way better sense of balance this time around.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
Why would that get a remake, when other games like PoR and RD need it more.

Yeah, they can add waifus to the best games in the series!

Please no

I'm also always surprised when I see people talk about trophies. It just amazes me that people care about them. I always forget they are even a thing in the game, and in this game they are those annoying things in Classic mode that prevent me from getting custom stuff in the reel (along with coins).

Kjellson

I'll be renovating my apartment in the middle of November so I have to live with my parents for a while. If Smash comes out then I won't be able to play it for a few weeks.

Life is cruel.

Anth0ny

I'll be renovating my apartment in the middle of November so I have to live with my parents for a while. If Smash comes out then I won't be able to play it for a few weeks.

Life is cruel.

Dad's watching football on the TV? No problem. Wii have the console just for U.

4u71vtd1uz3.jpg

I'm really happy with my Inorigo, Lissa and Anna trophies. <3
I hope there is a Henry one

Neiteio

Crossposting from the 3DS OT:

So, I went ahead and designed a little Character Playlist template where you can showcase your main, secondaries, tertiaries, and even a hypothetical!

7cHOeeJ.png

Provided you have photoshop, you can even make your own! You can download the .psd template here. The text fields you're supposed to modify are unlocked and it should all be pretty self-explanatory. For character renders, you can use the imgur page with all of the alt-costume renders. Broadly speaking, using the Transform tool and shrinking the renders to 25% will give you a decent image to work with within each character slot.
Small nitpick, but when you say "yet to be seen in the titular fighter," this would suggest Samus' name is Metroid. :)

Srsly though, why can't Metroid crawl? His ball attack would be good floor mobility.

I'm pretty sure they explain why Metroid can't crawl in one of the 3DS trophies.

Lineup of supervising and development cooperating companies in Super Smash Bros. for 3DS.

Do you think some of these are trophies? I see Skip, Koei Tecmo, and Arzest on there, and there's been Chibi Robo, Fatal Frame, and Mega Eggdozer trophies.
Unless it hints at something more... music tracks in the Wii U version?

Zubz

Banned
Even though the Wii U Version has a Pac-Man Stage, I'd love it if we got a general "Namco Arcade" stage that switched between them.

At the very least, I hope we get Legend of Valkyrie and Tower of Druaga (if the Tower of Smash rumor's true, apparently it's based off that) stage music at least.

I'd be completely down for this, especially because Pac-Maze has a gimmick that ties it to the 3DS; even if both games get stages from the other version, i don't see Pac-Maze moving.

Berordn

I'd be completely down for this, especially because Pac-Maze has a gimmick that ties it to the 3DS; even if both games get stages from the other version, i don't see Pac-Maze moving.

I could actually see Pac-Maze making the jump, even if it means the ghosts don't turn blue. Since you can see opponent's pellets and even their "score" as they collect standard pellets, there isn't really anything forcing it to stick around on 3DS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom