• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U POTD Thread 17: Smash 3DS Discussion @ OT PLS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Proto Man for DLC Skin.

This impressed the hell out of me back when it was first posted, and it still does. This absolutely nails Mega Man's Smash Bros. style. Man, I wish this was real.

Bass is cool and all, but he wouldn't work as a Mega Man alt for the same reason X, MegaMan.EXE, Trigger, etc. wouldn't: he's quite a bit taller than Mega Man and has considerably different abilities. On the other hand, Proto Man and Mega Man are pretty much the same size and generally share similar abilities (or similar enough that they could work interchangeably in Smash) depending on the game.

I'm not sure why I'm just now finding out about this, but are we seriously not able to adjust the frequency with which items appear now?

They appear way too frequently when enabled, yet there doesn't appear to be a way to lower the frequency at all.

If this option isn't available in the Wii U version, I'm going to be incredibly disappointed. There is zero reason to remove game customization options.

Yeah, this (and the general lack of customization options compared to previous Smash titles) is my single biggest beef with the 3DS version, which I think is pretty fucking amazing otherwise.

I've always generally enjoyed items (mostly; I turn a few off) and the vast majority of my thousands of hours spent across 64, Melee, and Brawl has been with items on. I think it's a real shame with Smash 3DS, too, because the item lineup is the best it's ever been but they just appear too damn often at the default/only setting. It's so frequent that it feels like Mario Kart Wii at times, which is *never* a good thing.

It's gotten to the point where I play with only Smash Balls on, just because they already appear quite a bit less often than every other item. I really hope an item frequency setting is patched into the 3DS version down the road, and I refuse to even think about the possibility that the Wii U version won't include one.

That said, a buddy of mine showed me last night that playing with only Smash Balls, Food, Maxim Tomatoes, and S Flags on can make for a ridiculously fun, hilarious time...

If only... No matter what tonight's update is, I'm expecting the next stage revealed to be the Great Cave Offensive one, though.
Yeah, that's a given. I'm almost certain the caption on the Facebook picture is the one that we'll get as well, as the caption for the Orbital Gate picture was the one we got there.

Zubz

Banned
Yeah, that's a given. I'm almost certain the caption on the Facebook picture is the one that we'll get as well, as the caption for the Orbital Gate picture was the one we got there.

Hopefully that means we'll get a 2nd pic explaining it more as well; I really want to see how this stage works!

Zubz

Banned
just got back

what happened and what is this about tower of smash being deconfirmed?

The Facebook page accidentally leaked a picture of a Great Cave Offensive stage:

BzNdgXlCcAA5X1B.png

There was plenty killing the Tower of Smash leak, but since they mentioned 3 Kirby stages and missed the GCO stage, people officially consider it to be fully and completely dead and in the ground now.

for costume dlc I want Pac Man in a hat... it should be in the main game tbqh, it's an iconic look for Pac.

110% agreed.

Azure J

Every character should have a stage. Maybe double up on the Fire Emblem characters though. That still leaves room for some wacky, unrepresented franchise stages like Rhythm Heaven or Tomodachi Life. IS ANYONE HOLDING OUT HOPE FOR A MYSTERIOUS MURASAME CASTLE STAGE WHO WANTS TO JOIN?

Knowing your track record, you've doomed us to a PoTD that shows a Murasame Castle stage...That's a straight fusion of 100m, New Pork City and Rumble Falls at the same time. :lol

For the record I'll take anything that props my boy up and allows more music from the game. It's really one of Kondo's overlooked bests.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
The Facebook page accidentally leaked a picture of a Great Cave Offensive stage:

BzNdgXlCcAA5X1B.png

There was plenty killing the Tower of Smash leak, but since they mentioned 3 Kirby stages and missed the GCO stage, people officially consider it to be fully and completely dead and in the ground now.

Ahh didn't know they released an FB image

zlCfzShMcQMkJemvhN

Pic of the day. For the first time ever in the Super Smash Bros. series, you can play with a collection of real-life trophies in the form of amiibo. Simply touch them on this part of the GamePad. This particular screen is dedicated to activating amiibo, but you can also tap your amiibo on the GamePad at the character-selection screen to let that character join the battle.
zlCfzShMb7oSOD42Xc

Once you do, the trophy of your amiibo character transforms into a Figure Player (FP)!! FPs fight and develop on their own.

Bring on the Wii U menu pics!

Anybody else kind of weirded out by a menu in the game having what appears to be an actual photo? The Amiibo and box feel so weird actually being in the game and not an advertisement.

Not dissing Amiibo (I'm excited), just on including an actual photo.

Golnei

Bring on the Wii U menu pics!

Anybody else kind of weirded out by a menu in the game having what appears to be an actual photo? The Amiibo and box feel so weird actually being in the game and not an advertisement.

Not dissing Amiibo (I'm excited), just on including an actual photo.

It does feel kind of weird. The only photos in Smash Bros. should be of Sakurai's cat.

Easter_Egg.png

Speaking of which, I wonder where he's hidden them this time...

Richie

xC6yCwG.jpg

If they could do it on weaker hardware I doubt it really is a limitation of the 3DS system.

Hah, I wonder if Mrs. Sakurai also designed the menu back then (they married right after Brawl, did they even know each other back then?). It looks so desolate when compared to later installments, and if you guys remember the music, it almost emits an ambiance of despair.

Hell, the All Clear song was quite sad, if not downright creepy. Early Installment Weirdness effect at full force.

Golnei

Hah, I wonder if Mrs. Sakurai also designed the menu back then (they married right after Brawl, did they even know each other back then?). It looks so desolate when compared to later installments, and if you guys remember the music, it almost emits an ambiance of despair.

Hell, the All Clear song was quite sad, if not downright creepy. Early Installment Weirdness effect at full force.

She did 64's menus as well, apparently also contributing to the stage design for that and Melee. Kind of makes me wish she'd assist with the current game's stages...

Xane

There is zero reason to remove game customization options.

3DS limitations.

They did adjust item frequency for the Wii U version during the invitational, so it seems like that's still a thing there. The 3DS version is just half baked all around.
No.

It's the processor. Mobile processors are held back by battery tech.
Oh god no.

The 3DS's hardware has nothing to do with the cut of any customization options. Those were 100% design decisions, not cut by restraints.

Zomba13

Wow yeah. That and the menu music are super creepy listening back on them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom