• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U POTD Thread 17: Smash 3DS Discussion @ OT PLS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xane

You have no evidence of this.

You're not quite tech savvy, are you.

Having options for finer item control is purely a meta-data / code question that would have a negligible amount of memory and zero computation footprint if implemented correctly. They already have the framework for everything needed to support this.
In fact, I'm positive you would be able to fine-tune the item spawn-rates if direct access to the game's memory was possible (through, say, cheating devices and other memory manipulation devices).

People jump too quickly on the "it's a 3DS limitation" bandwagon on every cut they can imagine.

EhoaVash

Aren't pokemons in 3ds version run at 30 fps just like assists

Unlike the Wii u version which runs it at 60 fps

With online and everything. It makes sense that it was a 3ds limitation

Hatchtag

Banned
I wonder if the Amiibo menu is the blue icon above the 3DS icon on the Wii U menu or if it's a sub-menu.

I assume the 3DS version will also get an update soon for Amiibo? It might have it already but I haven't checked.

Its almost certainly the purple one to the upper left of the 3DS. Same color as the bottom of the POTD.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
You have no evidence of this.

They could have easily added a third option between "on and off." Have "Off" "Low" and "High" where high is the current rate that items spawn and low cuts that in half. There is no reason having less items appear should be a problem for the 3DS.

Someone brought up them changing the item frequency at the E3 invitational - did that happen? I can't quite remember.

It seems odd that it would be an intentional decision to have that option in one version, but not another.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
Someone brought up them changing the item frequency at the E3 invitational - did that happen? I can't quite remember.

It seems odd that it would be an intentional decision to have that option in one version, but not another.

It was in the Wii U version, they changed the item settings between rounds. It doesn't make much sense that they would cut that after demonstrating the feature on stage.

Forkball

For a game that comes out supposedly next month, we barely know anything about some of the big features. Is Nintendo just waiting until November before they have an info blowout?

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
More designs!

sxU0nIq.jpg

So we got release dates...
US - Nov. 21
UK - Dec. 5
Japan - Dec. 6

Guess they released US early for Black Friday. Still though now we can gloat like Japan did with the 3DS version!

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
That NEW 3DS cover looks so much better than the limited edition design.

The first and last themes are a bit messy. Not that I'd get them. I can just imagine they'll play the Smash menu theme and I have enough of that in game let alone out of game.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
So are we still expecting a Smash Wii U Direct before release?

I could see a Direct coming to go over all this information they are releasing. Obviously this marks the time they are now happy to start talking a bit more about the Wii U version.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom