• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U POTD Thread 17: Smash 3DS Discussion @ OT PLS

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's kind of disconcerting how little we know of the Wii U version considering how close it is. Kind of afraid that Amiibos are the only real hook the version has.

And what the heck, it's only a month and a few weeks away and we still haven't seen a new Donkey Kong stage for SSB4 period.

It's kind of disconcerting how little we know of the Wii U version considering how close it is. Kind of afraid that Amiibos are the only real hook the version has.

And what the heck, it's only a month and a few weeks away and we still haven't seen a new Donkey Kong stage for SSB4 period.
Since they did a press release, most likely we are not getting a Fall Direct. Hopefully a Smash Brothers Wii U Direct comes out sometime later to get us hyped.

random25

At least you guys in Japan are getting this beauty:

BzV18tYCQAAmoKW.png

I'm gonna need to find some way to get my hands on one D:

I need that one!

georly

How is it a hook when amiibos are also on 3DS version?

Man, I really hope I can get the Wii U one early, too, like 3DS. Expect leaks Nov 18th, if smash 3DS release date is anything to go by.

So how are they going to reveal Jr, Dark Pit and Duck Hunt?

Just kind of go "hey, here's three more new comers. No trailers or anything like the others, enjoy!"

Seems like a very low key way of revealing them. I think they'll do like they did for Robin and have a set date they reveal the video on the blog, not tied to a special event

So how are they going to reveal Jr, Dark Pit and Duck Hunt?

Just kind of go "hey, here's three more new comers. No trailers or anything like the others, enjoy!"
On the one hand, they gave trailers to only those that you had unlocked by default. On the other, they teased Game and Watch, Dark Pit, and Lucina even if they were unlockables. I would really like a Duck Hunt trailer though.

I know how much we love Ridley, so this sticks out.

Smash 3DS is the first Smash Bros game ever to not have an appearance of Ridley. Up until this game, he was the only non-Pokemon to appear in every single game in the series and not be playable (Dedede and Charizard were the other two to appear unplayable in every game until they became playable).

It's just strange he doesn't even get a trophy or anything, since he's always been a part of every Smash Bros, from humble beginnings as a cameo in the back of a stage, to part of the CGI opening and a trophy, to 2 bosses, and now just nothing at all...

I have a feeling the Ridley trophy is a Wii U exclusive because he is a stage hazard for one of the Metroid stages. We will see on the 21st though, wouldn't you agree?

daripad

On the one hand, they gave trailers to only those that you had unlocked by default. On the other, they teased Game and Watch, Dark Pit, Captain Falcon, Luigi, and Lucina even if they were unlockables. I would really like a Duck Hunt trailer though.

Huh? They weren't. Lucina wasn't teased, she was announced

Durden77

Hell yes Nov 21st! I love the 3Ds version, but all it's really doing at this point is making me ache to play the Wii U version. Can't WAIT.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
Anyone know if the Wii U supports powered USB hubs? Didn't think about it until now but it doesn't have enough USB ports. 2 for the HDD, 2 for the GC adapter, that leaves no room for an ethernet adapter (or anything else).

Edit: Appears that it should.

Masked Man

I said wow
Anyone else seriously considering buying all of them for the sake of completion? lol

Although I'm definitely getting Peach and Mac on release, and maybe Pit, too!

georly

Anyone else seriously considering buying all of them for the sake of completion? lol

I wasn't going to initially, but I caved once marth/wii-fit/villager sold out on amazon. Preordered all of them at gamestop.

I'm getting all of them to keep boxed, and then one extra for each one I plan on using, like Link, Zelda, Samus, and captain falcon.

I do not have the money for 48 figures because 48 x 12 = $576.
Good luck to whoever decides to do it though.

No.
Oh god no.

The 3DS's hardware has nothing to do with the cut of any customization options. Those were 100% design decisions, not cut by restraints.
Why would they only include item % in the Wii U version by design decision? Seems like the obvious thing is that if it could have been done on 3DS, it would have.

Hatchtag

Banned
So, with a huge PR reveal and no Wii U bundle mention, think it's safe to get the system and not worry about missing out on some cool LE designed Wii U?

So, with a huge PR reveal and no Wii U bundle mention, think it's safe to get the system and not worry about missing out on some cool LE designed Wii U?
Nintendo is always a year behind bundling. Just now we are getting a 3D World bundle. So yeah, it is safe to assume no Smash Wii U bundle this year. I hope the $100 dollar version comes with a free Mario Amiibo like the European version.

georly

I'd say it's a safe bet that if there is one, it'll be out November anyway, because of the holidays. I wouldn't count on it, though.

Now that US is getting it first, and I might get it early maybe, I half wanna stream the game, but I've never done anything like that before. :/ Wondering if it's worth the hassle.

Actually, i'll probably just post screenshots using i.minus or something. Assuming it doesn't lock me out of the web browser like 3DS

The most you would ever get anyway is some decals on the gamepad like WWHD got.

They're not going to make a cool LE Wii U when they can't get rid of the Wii U's they've already manufactured.

Hatchtag

Banned
The most you would ever get anyway is some decals on the gamepad like WWHD got.

They're not going to make a cool LE Wii U when they can't get rid of the Wii U's they've already manufactured.

i'd buy the shit out of a cool decal.
But yeah, guess you're probably right. Probably gonna wait a few weeks before buying a Wii U still, but it's almost time to buy one it seems.

-Horizon-

zlCfzShMcQMkJemvhN

Pic of the day. For the first time ever in the Super Smash Bros. series, you can play with a collection of real-life trophies in the form of amiibo. Simply touch them on this part of the GamePad. This particular screen is dedicated to activating amiibo, but you can also tap your amiibo on the GamePad at the character-selection screen to let that character join the battle.
zlCfzShMb7oSOD42Xc

Once you do, the trophy of your amiibo character transforms into a Figure Player (FP)!! FPs fight and develop on their own.

More Wii U stuff ok.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom