• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U POTD Thread 17: Smash 3DS Discussion @ OT PLS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xane

Why would they only include item % in the Wii U version by design decision? Seems like the obvious thing is that if it could have been done on 3DS, it would have.

They could, but they didn't. Reason why is unknown even to me but it was a conscious decision someone made.
Maybe to have simpler choices judging by how they treat the 3DS version as the "gateway drug" to Smash for new players.

Oh man that amiibo feature.....sounds pretty boring.
We have known for awhile that your Amiibo acts like an Active Trophy and can hold your custom stats. It is pretty lame that the figures only add those features I agree though.
I am more excited to learn what you can do between the 3DS and Wii U versions.

I still don't understand the point of the Amiibo thing. So it's a separate computer player that you're summoning? And you can summon them at any time and they just fight in the same match as you? What if you're playing a four player match already and you put the amiibo on your controller, it doesn't come in as a fifth player right?

WHY IS THIS CONFUSING

zroid

Banned
I still don't understand the point of the Amiibo thing. So it's a separate computer player that you're summoning? And you can summon them at any time and they just fight in the same match as you? What if you're playing a four player match already and you put the amiibo on your controller, it doesn't come in as a fifth player right?

WHY IS THIS CONFUSING

You select the amiibo (as a CPU) from the character select screen

R

Rösti

Unconfirmed Member
This seems appropriate, could perhaps be added to the OP:

t1416556800z4.png

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Wait a minute, so this is what Sakurai meant before on his PotD post about PotDs going on until Japan's release of Wii U?

HE HAS HINTED US AFTER ALL!

Has any UK GAFFER found a place stocking GC controllers other than Shopto?

I have the bundle from them with the GC controller preordered but I doubt they'll do anything with it...

Has any UK GAFFER found a place stocking GC controllers other than Shopto?

I have the bundle from them with the GC controller preordered but I doubt they'll do anything with it...

Just wait a day or 2, pretty sure other site will open the preorder

Hey KHlover, looks like this time no amount of street date breaking will let you get the game first ( ͝° ͜ʖ͡°)

lmao

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
I just realized we haven't seen that many Wii U stages. Now I'm pretty excited for future Pic of the Days.

Me too! :D

That is interesting in context that he was doing POTD until the last region release, which was Japan.

If he said that then I don't think it would body very well for Ridley, Dixie, Chorus Kids and Mewtwo rumor since they need to reveal those 4 characters after all regions' release date.

Unless, they decided to announce them before the release date.

boxter432

bah my 2 most wanted Amiibo's (Link and Cpt) don't have poses I love...Falcons is better (and still decent), but would have loves a mid- Falcon Punch pose, his salute pose, or something else)
and still not a fan of link's awkward jumping/dancing pose, instead of a pose he actually uses (starting a spin attack, or something simple more like this:
images
)

might still get them anyways.

J@hranimo

Banned
Seeing the press release makes me feel good cause it's the first time I've been close to right about predicting something Smash related!

Well Japan does like handhelds more than anything else so it is possible.

If that's the case....

Wii U US/EU - Nov. 21st/28th (Double Team release date! ;D)

Wii U JPN - Early/Mid Dec.

Berordn

i'm throwing money at amazon to let me order little mac and captain falcon and it won't let me

why do you hate my money, nintendo and amazon

Zubz

Banned
I know how much we love Ridley, so this sticks out.

Smash 3DS is the first Smash Bros game ever to not have an appearance of Ridley. Up until this game, he was the only non-Pokemon to appear in every single game in the series and not be playable (Dedede and Charizard were the other two to appear unplayable in every game until they became playable).

It's just strange he doesn't even get a trophy or anything, since he's always been a part of every Smash Bros, from humble beginnings as a cameo in the back of a stage, to part of the CGI opening and a trophy, to 2 bosses, and now just nothing at all...

I noticed this too, unfortunately. I've ranted enough about both how I want Ridley as a playable character, no strings attached, and hate stage bosses, so I won't go on, but that is an interesting observation.

Dat Cap amiibo

amiibo016.jpg

I'll take 12.

Watch it be clips of trailers we've already seen and some gameplay, like Brawl...

This is exactly what I'm fearing. I really hated Brawl's intro, and the "Trying Too Hard" main theme didn't help matters at all. Melee's still gets my hyped to this day, and the original's is pretty grand, too. But Brawl's was a miss, and the 3DS couldn't handle having one at all, apparently. I really fear they might just take that as an excuse to recycle the hell out of footage for the Wii U version, since only one version's getting it, anyway.

If we get another Melee-type intro with the quality of character reveal trailers we've gotten,

oh my goodness that would be greatness.

I don't want to get my hopes up TOO much, but I'd be surprised if the Smash team made a rad CG cutscene for their AKB tie-in, but nothing new for the intro.

Berordn

This is exactly what I'm fearing. I really hated Brawl's intro, and the "Trying Too Hard" main theme didn't help matters at all. Melee's still gets my hyped to this day, and the original's is pretty grand, too. But Brawl's was a miss, and the 3DS couldn't handle having one at all, apparently. I really fear they might just take that as an excuse to recycle the hell out of footage for the Wii U version, since only one version's getting it, anyway.

On the plus side, if they just pulled clips from the character trailers and had a "franchise roll" like they did with the E3 trailer, it's already better than any of the CGI in Brawl.

Loco4Coco

Finally we get a confirmation on the WiiU version release date plus more amiibos! Pokemon,Smash, and amiibos on the same day? I can't.

Zomba13

Based on how they're handling everything with these games I feel we're going to get an original movie again.

BELIEVE.

I hope so. I love all the intros to Smash in their own ways. Even Brawls was super cool for me because I love the idea of Sub-Space Emissary, the whole thing of the Smash world interacting and working together to stop some threat and it gave a bunch of cool and good looking cutscenes and told a story using no (or next to no?) words and the intro and the music was super hype inducing to me.

I really hope Smash U has an intro. I kinda feel though that it'll end up being a super cut of the various character trailers and maybe even use the AB4K or whatever Mii trailer and just replace them with generic system Miis for that bit of the opening. I hope I'm wrong though and we get a cool Melee like opening but I'm willing to be it'll be a super-cut with a few added things.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
Aww yeah that's day one.

If they were smart they'd release more of the same character. I'd double dip on a "Show me your moves!" pose.

Or knee.

Or Falcon Punch.

Or down tilt.

I love the random down tilt inclusion. Any of those would be better than the dumb render pose though.

bah my 2 most wanted Amiibo's (Link and Cpt) don't have poses I love...Falcons is better (and still decent), but would have loves a mid- Falcon Punch pose, his salute pose, or something else)
and still not a fan of link's awkward jumping/dancing pose, instead of a pose he actually uses (starting a spin attack, or something simple more like this:
images
)

To be fair a Falcon Punch pose would have to have the flame effect and that could look kind of bad if not done well. Reminds me of how there are two versions of One Piece Figuarts Zero. A normal and then a battle version with effects like smoke and flame.

Still I love how the Amiibo kick is what Falcon used to effortlessly kick Lucina's sword back.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
images
)

Link's pose is his side jump animation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom