• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U POTD Thread 17: Smash 3DS Discussion @ OT PLS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Neiteio

Dat Cap amiibo

amiibo016.jpg
Don't let your womenfolk touch it, lest they be impregnated by the Captain's essence

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Hello I am BGBW a very well known and respected member in the SmashGAF community and a member of the Real Men Use Items team. I am responsible for being right about everything and had a guess at the whole final roster for Super Smash Brothers.

I have new info here.

* The announcer will scream Super Smash Bros 4 Wii U on the title screen. I met the voice actor in a bar and buttered him up with drinks and he told me this. Apparently he holds the U for 2 minutes.
* 60 characters were planned for DLC but they were thrown in the bin after Sakurai noticed none of them were from Kid Icarus.
* All the custom stages that were shared over the Brawl Distribution Service will be returning as DLC.
* Yellow Devil proved so popular with development staff he has been added to every stage in the Wii U version, including all the Omega forms of stages as well. He will also appear during the fights against Master Hand and Crazy Hand.

Jawmuncher

Hello I am BGBW a very well known and respected member in the SmashGAF community and a member of the Real Men Use Items team. I am responsible for being right about everything and had a guess at the whole final roster for Super Smash Brothers.

I have new info here.

* The announcer will scream Super Smash Bros 4 Wii U on the title screen. I met the voice actor in a bar and buttered him up with drinks and he told me this. Apparently he holds the U for 2 minutes.
* 60 characters were planned for DLC but they were thrown in the bin after Sakurai noticed none of them were from Kid Icarus.
* All the custom stages that were shared over the Brawl Distribution Service will be returning as DLC.
* Yellow Devil proved so popular with development staff he has been added to every stage in the Wii U version, including all the Omega forms of stages as well. He will also appear during the fights against Master Hand and Crazy Hand.

Oh man it doesn't get much more real than this people.
I'm glad we have BGBW spilling the beans for us.

We will never hear the end of "unlock characters by connecting both versions" which may happen.

FTFY

I have new info here.

Sounds legit :)

-Horizon-

I have new info here.

-Horizon- is more believable than you. Playable Chibi Miku confirmed, dating sim extra feature announcement coming soon. -Horizon- never lies.

EulaCapra

North America getting Smash U before Japan? There is a goddess of of light!

Releasing it a week before Black Friday sounds good in theory, but the people who want it badly will get it on the 21st. Christmas shoppers and everyone else would actually have to go out of their way and ask "So is this a Wii U? And it's only for Wii U? What about that over there? How come it says Smash Bros for 3DS? That looks cheaper. I don't want to spend over $300. I'll just get that."

So basically, missed opportunity for a Smash U bundle on Black Friday.

I was bored and looked at the CD offer.
Red is the 3DS version and Blue is the Wii U version.
Blue disc has The Great Cave Offensive as a song listed.
So yeah Sakurai show us more pictures of the Great Cave Offensive level!

Vylash

I have new info here.

dammit man, spoilers!

It was staring us right in the face this whole time.

What game is Egg Planet from? I was thinking SMG but that's Good Egg Galaxy.

.....Well crap. It was there the whole time. Freakin' excited to hear this (and see the stage of course)!

Huh, Gear Getaway being on the Wii U side is odd, it's the only new DK remix in the 3DS version.
Might be one big jump on my part here but at a stretch the rocketbarrel theme may be the main theme of whatever the WiiU DK stage is (which is to say the one My Music by default has on highest).
Though this would point towards a stage where this would fit for the default theme and I'm not sure how that'd work for existing rocketbarrel stages (fighting on the Giant Bat of course), especially Gear Getaway as a stage itself which is just flying through pistons and an abyss.
Plus it ain't a jungle.

Though Stage Select from Pikmin is on the Wii U side as well, maybe the new stage lacking series of the 3DS version just get their tracks on the Wii U selection just because.
But then Star Wolf from Corneria is still on the 3DS side...ARGH THERE'S NO CONSISTENCY HERE!

I have new info here.

slowclap.gif
-Horizon- is more believable than you. Playable Chibi Miku confirmed, dating sim extra feature announcement coming soon. -Horizon- never lies.
I believe in you!! :lol

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Though Stage Select from Pikmin is on the Wii U side as well, maybe the new stage lacking series of the 3DS version just get their tracks on the Wii U selection just because.
But then Star Wolf from Corneria is still on the 3DS side...ARGH THERE'S NO CONSISTENCY HERE!
Maybe the track listing, as well as names, isn't final. Perhaps some of the Wii U songs were thrown to the 3DS version last minute after this page was made.

Odd that Distant Planet doesn't feature another Brawl track as the alt tune. I would have chosen Big Brain Academy Title, but sticking to Pikmin, World Map from Pikmin 2 would have been appropriate. Honestly, since I prefer arrangements to rips in Smash I would have made Stage Clear/Title the default tune instead of the Title even if that was the default track in Brawl.

i hope the metroid title theme includes more excellent narration

Also, is the music track, "Great Cave Offensive", gonna be this? Or maybe a medley of themes from the mode? I'd be surprised if the stage doesn't have this.

Maybe the track listing, as well as names, isn't final. Perhaps some of the Wii U songs were thrown to the 3DS version last minute after this page was made.

Odd that Distant Planet doesn't feature another Brawl track as the alt tune. I would have chosen Big Brain Academy Title, but sticking to Pikmin, World Map from Pikmin 2 would have been appropriate. Honestly, since I prefer arrangements to rips in Smash I would have made Stage Clear/Title the default tune instead of the Title even if that was the default track in Brawl.

Well it does say the names aren't final so that is a possibility, they could well have been thrown into the 3DS version at the last second as well, maybe Bramble Blast was originally the other alt track for instance but who really knows?

Every now and then its mentioned that some tracks just aren't a good fit for Smash and the Pikmin 1 main theme I find manages to fit even less than even Ai No Uta, it takes too long to build up so it kind of fades into the background for the most part, the theme itself if fine but it lacks that extra punch, the stage clear remix would have been preferable I agree.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
i hope the metroid title theme includes more excellent narration

Also, is the music track, "Great Cave Offensive", gonna be this? Or maybe a medley of themes from the mode? I'd be surprised if the stage doesn't have this.
I'd be surprised if this tune doesn't make an appearance in some form considering the one thing we know about the stage.

Well it does say the names aren't final so that is a possibility, they could well have been thrown into the 3DS version at the last second as well, maybe Bramble Blast was originally the other alt track for instance but who really knows?

Every now and then its mentioned that some tracks just aren't a good fit for Smash and the Pikmin 1 main theme I find manages to fit even less than even Ai No Uta, it takes too long to build up so it kind of fades into the background for the most part, the theme itself if fine but it lacks that extra punch, the stage clear remix would have been preferable I agree.
Glad Ai No Uta wasn't chosen because I fear our version would have been lumbered with the awful French version.

It is nice to have confirmation that indeed the left-over Smash Run music is used in the Wii U version as stage music. Although I am curious does this mean we will finally get a Tetris stage? *prays to lord Sakurai*

You'll get another relevant Green Greens Remix and like it, Kirby going to get that DK Island Swing treatment.
Actually this is my favourite version of Green Greens so I hope it's at least referenced as part of a big GCO medley, though the Melee Green Greens was basically this version with the extra finishing touch anyway only more upbeat.

And yes French Ai No Uta was poor, I swear it looped after like 30 seconds.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom