• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U POTD Thread 17: Smash 3DS Discussion @ OT PLS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vyse24

Not every song from Brawl will be returning in Smash Wii U, I think (I mean besides the Metal Gear songs).

No Metal Gear tracks is pretty obvious. Doubt there will be tracks from Mother 3 as well.

Also, the fact that we have no stages from Mario Kart and F-Zero for the Wii U makes me think those will be scrapped as well. Unless of course they bring back the Brawl stages or surprise us with new stages tonight.

Dr. Buni

No calling to the night is a sad day for us all.
I will miss Snake Eater Instrumental ):
But the single greatest Smash Bros ever debuted in Smash Bros. 4
Also, the fact that we have no stages from Mario Kart and F-Zero for the Wii U makes me think those will be scrapped as well. Unless of course they bring back the Brawl stages or surprise us with new stages tonight.
I think that unlike the gimped 3DS version, the Wii U version will have new stages of all franchises with playable characters.

I hope at least the Mother series generic music from New Pork City returns. Stuff like Snowman and Humoresque of a Little Dog would work perfectly on Magicant and Onett, respectively.

I think that unlike the gimped 3DS version, the Wii U version will have new stages of all franchises with playable characters.

Of course, we have no reason to believe they won't. Other than ROB and maybe Duck Hunt

Berordn

I hope at least the Mother series generic music from New Pork City returns. Stuff like Snowman and Humoresque of a Little Dog would work perfectly on Magicant and Onett, respectively.

My Music being locked to specific stages was always the greatest oversight in Brawl.

Yes, even more than tripping.

Yeah, I can't think of a good stage for either of those characters... I also doubt Bowser Jr will have a stage specifically for him.
Gyromite_(14).jpeg

Just like this, 75m/Mario Bros/Flat Zone style would work fine for ROB. It would be terrible, but it would be a fitting level for ROB.

I'm honestly surprised Game and Watch has gotten a new level every game to be honest. I was even surprised he got a level at all in Melee. Curious to see if he gets a new one this time around.

Too bad Flat Zone probably won't come back. I liked it better than Flat Zone 2.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
Honestly think a R.O.B stage should just take place on a giant R.O.B., who moves around the Stack-Em blocks as platforms.

Dr. Buni

Haha, I have a feeling you didn't click on his video.
I did. I thought he was weird for liking that song, but I preferred to not make any comments. xD
Just like this, 75m/Mario Bros/Flat Zone style would work fine for ROB. It would be terrible, but it would be a fitting level for ROB.

I'm honestly surprised Game and Watch has gotten a new level every game to be honest. I was even surprised he got a level at all in Melee. Curious to see if he gets a new one this time around.

Too bad Flat Zone probably won't come back. I liked it better than Flat Zone 2.
Yeah, it would be terrible, but that didn't stop Sora Ltd from making half the 3DS stages. Thankfully I play mostly the Omega versions of the stages, so they being terrible doesn't bother me that much. Anyways, no ideas for a Duck Hunt stage?

(Flat Zone 2 was kinda bad, both the stage and the music).

javadoze

zlCfzSkuZBY13c7mbW

Pic of the day. The giant screen in the Boxing Ring stage for Wii U reenacts the multiscreen effect seen in the arcade version of Punch-Out!! Looks like their aliases are displayed on the screen too.

By the way, today, October 23rd at 3 PM PST (October 23rd 11 PM UK time, October 24th 9 AM Sydney Time, we are streaming "Super Smash Bros. for Wii U: 50-Fact Extravaganza" (“Super Smash Bros. for Wii U: 50 Must-See Things”). You can watch the stream from the links below when it starts.
For Americas: http://www.nintendo.com/nintendo-direct/10-23-2014/
For Europe: http://www.nintendo.co.uk/Misc-/Nintendo-Direct/Latest-Nintendo-Direct/Nintendo-Direct-698557.html
For Oceania: http://www.nintendo.com.au/nintendodirect

Missed opportunity: DK's title should've been "King of Swing". On that note, this is the perfect vehicle for some neat references. Don't fail me now, Treehouse!

I did. I thought he was weird for liking that song, but I preferred to not make any comments. xD

Yeah, it would be terrible, but that didn't stop Sora Ltd from making half the 3DS stages. Thankfully I play mostly the Omega versions of the stages, so they being terrible doesn't bother me that much. Anyways, no ideas for a Duck Hunt stage?

You could make a stage that's just a grassy field, but that wouldn't really be that interesting.

Other NES Light Gun games would work better, but they wouldn't really be Duck Hunt related.

Caladrius

Luigi deserves nothing more than the gum stuck to Mario's shoes.

Sakurai needs to teach him humility, rob him of playable status and make him into a boss that you utterly decimate with no effort

He's had it too good for too long.

Luigi deserves nothing more than the gum stuck to Mario's shoes.

Sakurai needs to teach him humility, rob him of playable status and make him into a boss that you utterly decimate with no effort

He's had it too good for too long.

I am very tempted to quote one of your posts from another thread right now...

Gyromite/Stack-Up and Duck Meadows/Shooting Gallery would work perfectly for ROB and Duck Hunt respectively.

Dr. Buni

Bowser Jr and the Koopalings are the ones who I think will benefit the most from the 3DS to the Wii U version. Their yellow skin looks awful on the 3DS.
Gyromite/Stack-Up and Duck Meadows/Shooting Gallery would work perfectly for ROB and Duck Hunt respectively.
Duck Meadows :D

I'll post clean images later.

My guess for everyone's title:

• Mario: The one and only
  • Luigi: The eternal understudy
  • Peach: The dainty princess
  • Bowser: The Koopa king
  • Yoshi: The hungry dinosaur
  • Rosalina & Luma: The queen of space
  • Bowser Jr.: The Koopa king's ornery offspring
  • Wario: The greedy microgame maker (sigh)
  • Mr. Game & Watch: The 2D warrior of old
  • Donkey Kong: The king of the jungle
  • Diddy Kong: One tough Kong
  • Link: Hero chosen by the Gods
  • Zelda: The Hyrulean monarch
  • Sheik: Mysterious ninja
  • Ganondorf: The resurrected king of evil
  • Toon Link: Swordsman of the Great Sea
  • Samus: Bounty hunter extraordinaire
  • Zero Suit Samus: Whip-weilding warrior
  • Pit: The steadfast angel
  • Palutena: The shining goddess
  • Marth: The Hero King
  • Ike: The Radiant Hero
  • Robin: The amnesiac tactician
  • Kirby: The Dream Land hero
  • King Dedede: The self-appointed ruler
  • Meta Knight: The masked swordsman
  • Little Mac: A small but great champ
  • Fox: The vulpine starfighter
  • Falco: The avian hothead ("Fox's brash wingman" doesn't jive with me, relies too much on another character)
  • Pikachu: The electric mouse Pokémon
  • Charizard: The fiery dragon Pokémon
  • Lucario: The Aura Pokémon
  • Jigglypuff: The balloon Pokémon
  • Greninja: The amphibian ninja
  • Duck Hunt: The old-school hunting crew
  • R.O.B.: The robot with the scorching beam
  • Ness: The PSI-powered youth
  • Captain Falcon: The invincible F-Zero pilot
  • Villager: (I... have nothing for this guy. Maybe some kind of Mayor pun?)
  • Olimar: The Hocotatian astronaut
  • Wii Fit Trainer: The fitness fiend
  • Dr. Mario: The knock-out doc
  • Dark Pit: The flawed clone of Pit
  • Lucina: Hero from a doomed future
  • Shulk: True heir to the Monado
  • Pac-Man: The yellow dot-muncher
  • Mega Man: The Blue Bomber
  • Sonic: The Blue Blur
  • Mii Fighters: The custom challenger

Azuran

Banned
I'm really hoping they spoil the hell out of Xenoblade on Smash. That should teach all of you that didn't buy that masterpiece when it came out.

Shulk:
God

Neiteio

They'll probably call Link "The Hero of Legend." BAM, represent all Links in one.

Question is what to call Toon Link. They can probably get away with "Hero of the Winds."

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Hero of Time is also one of the worst Links so if I learnt I've been playing as him in Smash I may have to throw my copy down the toilet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom