• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U POTD Thread 17: Smash 3DS Discussion @ OT PLS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mariolee

Beat you to it.

I'm super hyped too. Characters like Olimar, Wii Fit Trainer, Villager, and other characters from smaller series don't really have names to choose from, so it will be cool to see what Sakurai and his team come up with.

You stripped me of my identity. For that you must die.

emb

I agree. Calling Ike the Radiant Hero certainly suggests that he's ultimately successful at the end of Radiant Dawn in one way or another. Also, Sonic's super speed (revealed at the end of Sonic 3 and Knuckles) is spoiled.
I always wondered if Sonic was fast. Now I guess the surprise is ruined. :(

Lunar15

I agree. Calling Ike the Radiant Hero certainly suggests that he's ultimately successful at the end of Radiant Dawn in one way or another. Also, Sonic's super speed (revealed at the end of Sonic 3 and Knuckles) is spoiled.

Well, they call him that in the trailer, so I don't see why it's a huge spoiler. That's just what Ike is known by. It's like saying that calling Link the "Hero of Time" would be an Ocarina of Time spoiler.

emb

Calling Link the Hero of Time is inaccurate like a third of the time anyway. In the end of OoT,
what if he dies fighting Ganon? It could happen. Could be it's own branch of the time line.

Calling anybody the hero of anything is spoiler. It means they might win. And I'm trying to play the games wondering, 'What if the villain wins?'

-Horizon-

zlCfzSkuZBY13c7mbW

Pic of the day. The giant screen in the Boxing Ring stage for Wii U reenacts the multiscreen effect seen in the arcade version of Punch-Out!! Looks like their aliases are displayed on the screen too.

By the way, today, October 23rd at 3 PM PST (October 23rd 11 PM UK time, October 24th 9 AM Sydney Time, we are streaming "Super Smash Bros. for Wii U: 50-Fact Extravaganza" (“Super Smash Bros. for Wii U: 50 Must-See Things”). You can watch the stream from the links below when it starts.
For Americas: http://www.nintendo.com/nintendo-direct/10-23-2014/
For Europe: http://www.nintendo.co.uk/Misc-/Nintendo-Direct/Latest-Nintendo-Direct/Nintendo-Direct-698557.html
For Oceania: http://www.nintendo.com.au/nintendodirect

That's pretty cool.

Calling Link the Hero of Time is inaccurate like a third of the time anyway. In the end of OoT,
what if he dies fighting Ganon? It could happen. Could be it's own branch of the time line.

Calling anybody the hero of anything is spoiler. It means they might win. And I'm trying to play the games wondering, 'What if the villain wins?'
Oooh, that's a good point. Calling Link the Hero of Time isn't only a spoiler, but it could also be a cruel joke depending on how things pan out. Hmmm...
"The Hero of Hyrule?"

Also, Smash Link is TP Link. He's not the hero of time.

If anyone watched the Robin/Lucina trailer they're already spoiled on "the hero king himself" and "the radiant hero of light" so who cares?
Plus I don't see how that's a spoiler. Likr how often do does one fail in games? Its obvious they're going to win, youre simply in it for the ride

Plus I don't see how that's a spoiler. Likr how often do does one fail in games? Its obvious they're going to win, youre simply in it for the ride
That's not always the case though (A Nintendo example was even just brought up). Plus, calling a Robin an amnesiac is a pretty big spoiler too. He could just be someone with no memory, not an amnesiac.

Plus, everyone's ignoring the sonic thing.

Lunar15

At the beginning of RD Ike's already considered a hero, so I don't see a problem. Either way, this is a weird discussion.

Plus, no one is going to be buying RD or PoR any time soon at those prices.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Plus, calling a Robin an amnesiac is a pretty big spoiler too. He could just be someone with no memory, not an amnesiac.

What? Pretty sure for the general public someone who has lost their memory and someone suffering from amnesia is basically the same thing in story terms. His trophy already told me he starts of the game with no memory so I assume that's part of the beginning of the game, hardly spoiler territory more like back of the box blurb territory.

emb

At the beginning of RD Ike's already considered a hero, so I don't see a problem. Either way, this is a weird discussion.

Plus, no one is going to be buying RD or PoR any time soon at those prices.
I actually need to finish PoR. I've had it since release, got stuck way back then. Played through about half way last year, but got distracted.

I also need to finish (my silly VC copy of) Earthbound. Always wanted to be on the same page as the Internet with that one. I have some faint, fond memories of watching my brother play it.

What? Pretty sure for the general public someone who has lost their memory and someone suffering from amnesia is basically the same thing in story terms. His trophy already told me he starts of the game with no memory so I assume that's part of the beginning of the game, hardly spoiler territory more like back of the box blurb territory.
He could have never had any memory to begin with. But if Sakurai spoils it anyway, I guess it's fine.

Xane

- Mario: The Great Gonzalez
- Sonic: The Fastest Thing Alive
- Mega Man: The Blue Bomber
- Robin: The Amnesiac Tactician
- Lucina: The Ylissean Princess
- Ike: The Radiant Hero
- Marth: The Hero King
- Palutena: The Goddess of Light
- Greninja: The Ninja Pokémon
- Dark Pit: The Flawed Clone

I'd be funny if they changed Dark Pit's name on the board to Pitoo when fighting Palutena so she can mess with him.

11/10

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
He could have never had any memory to begin with. But if Sakurai spoils it anyway, I guess it's fine.

Telling me he has amnesia is on the same level as telling me he never had a memory to begin with. If one is considered a spoiler so is the other because they basically tell me the same thing.

Guys, these tacos are amazing! 1$ and they're huge! Gah. So.. delicious. (╥﹏╥)

GTFO WITH THESE SPOILERS!!!!1111

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
So yeah, I have set my alarm clock to wake me up at fucking 6am in the morning. Sakurai better show my Wolf as DLC.

Telling me he has amnesia is on the same level as telling me he never had a memory to begin with. If one is considered a spoiler so is the other because they basically tell me the same thing.

GTFO WITH THESE SPOILERS!!!!1111
If you think they're the same thing, then I guess the spoiler didn't apply to you :)

I'm glad I already read the description for the taco trophy though, or that would have ruined my day.

And Ridley's not the only thing that's missing in Smash 3DS that was in every previous Smash. There's a couple of stage songs that are missing entirely (like Gourmet Race), and the Fan is gone.

The Pokemon and Star Fox theme songs are never even heard in Smash 3DS at all, other than victory jingles. To me that's even crazier than Gourmet Race missing.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Technically speaking the "Pokemon theme" is only heard in Gen 1/remake, the only part of the theme that is found in all gens is the first few melodies (i.e. the electric guitar segment in the Brawl version of the Pokemon theme).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom