• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U POTD Thread 17: Smash 3DS Discussion @ OT PLS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey, you guys remember the ESRB leak

not the big one

the simple one with crossed out small images

that had Mewtwo with a "?" instead of being crossed out.

I wonder if it was under our noses all along.

Since MK8 and Wooly World are getting a stage, I'm sort of expecting 3DWorld, Wind Waker HD and Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze to get ones too.

Maybe Bowser World, an HD do-over of the Pirate Ship and a snow level set on DK Island to compensate for no IC level?
They can just snow over Jungle Hijinx and call it Homecoming Hijinx, bam, instant Tropical Freeze stage with a fraction of the work.

CLEARLY THE DHD TRAILER LEADS INTO DIXIE SAVING DIDDY KONG
Yes this must be it, nope the Mewtwo reveal didn't pull my hopes up and spectacularly dash them at all.

urgh team flare... wish they would put bw2 team plasma instead :\
I'll be impressed if they can salvage that ear assault of a theme, Plasma getting robbed of the rightful enemy team remix.

Oh yeah!

Actually we need that pic posted again. Someone please?
5PFXdsF.png

Axass

With this picture in mind, I guess Wuhu Island is a travel stage.

15425901977_70da78eff6_z.jpg

Did Sakurai even add one non-scrolling, non-flying, non-phasing, no-bosses, no-huge-stage-hazards, no-gimmicky stage in the whole roster?

Don't get me wrong, I love all the stages
but 75 m, that's some horseshit
, though I'd like a bunch of normal stages with some clever platform placing a la Hyrule Castle, where you can actually take your time fighting without having to worry about two hundreds different things. That's why I love he brought back Congo Jungle.

what's the deal with the wrestler being on a canvas? if they just wanted to include the background behind him, i would've expected it to be circular.

if i recall correctly, i remember seeing a picture of mona on the gamer stage, so maybe it shows up there too?

kirby_fox

Banned
The potential for future DLC with Mewtwo incoming has me frothing at the mouth.

Give me all the cut characters damn it. Give me my Lucas, give me Pichu, give me Roy, and #FreeIceClimbers. Give me all the wanted characters people clamor for. Dixie, K Rool, Ridley...make this the best Smash roster we will ever get in the history of ever.

Because we all know that Smash 5 is going to have so many cuts that we'll be worried for its health.

Kinsei

Banned
Did Sakurai even add one non-scrolling, non-flying, non-phasing, no-bosses, no-huge-stage-hazards, no-gimmicky stage in the whole roster?

, though I'd like a bunch of normal stages with some clever platform placing a la Hyrule Castle, where you can actually take your time fighting without having to worry about two hundreds different things. That's why I love he brought back Congo Jungle.

I thought that's what Garden of Hope was going to be, but I was clearly wrong.

EDIT: Oh, Town and City

Town and City, Big Battlefield, Pilotwings looks okay, Kalos Pokemon League (seems to have hazards but they're avoidable)

Kongo Jungle though ads another stage to the legal pile. I don't think the Wii U will have issues with tournament stage variety.

Hatchtag

Banned
I'm guessing in early 2015 we'll get a big patch. Adds Miiverse stage, Online Tourney, Share, and Shop to pre-order DLC (but not able to get it yet). Comes with the announcement of another DLC character as well as a DLC stage with Mewtwo. Kinda like how MK8 did things.

Masked Man

I said wow
I combined all the music reveals into one list!

• Battlefield (Original)
  • Ground Theme / Underground Theme (Super Mario Bros.)
  • Super Mario Bros.: The Lost Levels Medley
  • Fortress Boss (Super Mario World)
  • Super Mario Bros. Medley
  • Athletic Theme / Ground Theme (New Super Mario Bros. 2)
  • Egg Planet (Super Mario Galaxy)
  • Gear Getaway (Donkey Kong Country Returns)
  • Donkey Kong Country Returns (Vocal)
  • Ballad of the Goddess / Ghirahim's Theme (The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword)
  • Main Theme / Underworld Theme (The Legend of Zelda)
  • Ocarina of Time Medley (The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time)
  • Saria's Song / Middle Boss Battle (The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time)
  • Temple Theme (Zelda II: The Adventure of Link)
  • Tal Tal Heights (The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening)
  • The Great Sea / Menu Select (The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker)
  • Title (Metroid)
  • Ending (Yoshi's Story)
  • The Great Cave Offensive (Kirby Super Star)
  • Theme from Area 6 / Missile Slipstream (Star Fox 64 / Star Fox Command)
  • Battle! Team Flare (Pokémon X & Y)
  • Battle! Champion / Champion Cynthia (Pokémon Diamond & Pearl)
  • Route 10 (Pokémon Black & White)
  • Fight 1 (Fire Emblem Gaiden)
  • Destroyed Skyworld (Kid Icarus: Uprising)
  • Stage Select (Pikmin 2)
  • Xenoblade Chronicles Medley
  • Plaza / Title (Animal Crossing: City Folk / Wide World)
  • Tour (Animal Crossing: New Leaf)
  • Light Plane (Vocal Mix) (Pilotwings)
  • Turbo Jet (Pilotwings Resort)
  • Dillon's Rolling Western: The Last Ranger
  • PAC-MAN'S PARK / BLOCK TOWN (PAC-MANIA)
  • PAC-MAN
  • Master Hand (Original)
  • Credits (Smash Bros.): Ver. 2 (Super Smash Bros.)
  • Menu 2 (Melee)
  • Results Display Screen (Super Smash Bros.)

Ugh. Why they haven't gotten rid of these damn things now that we have travel stages like Delfino Plaza is beyond me.

I don't think that'll specifically happen, but it's still weird to me that they casually mentioned the Snake codecs like they don't involve a cut character or anything.

why. just why. we have a wuhu island travel stage already >.>

Omega stages pretty much means that he'll give every stage a gimmick, even if they don't need it
still super salty about Pyrosphere. JUST GIVE ME A BOSS/HAZARD TOGGLE FOR GOD SAKE.

Axass

I thought that's what Garden of Hope was going to be, but I was clearly wrong.

I died a little inside when I saw that huge thing stroll by...

Town and City, Big Battlefield, Pilotwings looks okay, Kalos Pokemon League (seems to have hazards but they're avoidable)

Kongo Jungle though ads another stage to the legal pile. I don't think the Wii U will have issues with tournament stage variety.

I'm not even a tournament player, I just like to have some more relaxing and less actiony stages.

Hatchtag

Banned
I wouldn't put stock into that chart at all. We know damn well the ESRB leakers were almost entirely full of shit and knew nothing outside of the video they seen.

Masked Man

I said wow
Wondering if the stage list is the final list. Saw a flying man on the board game(why have him there if Magicant isn't in?) and there seems to be a lot of extra room for more stages, would think that they would have said if stages could be unlocked or not.

God PLEASE let Magicant HD be a real thing!

Yup.

So, Spainkiller's source mentioning 4 moving models. Let's see how that's going.

- Ridley: Boss
- Mewtwo: DLC
- Chorus Kids: ?
- Dixie Kong: ?

You know what that means, guys...

We can only hope... Chorus Kids, come to me!

Oh shit.
No more DLC characters confirmed.

From Brawl or the new one?

Don't say that. D: And probably the one from the 3DS Sound Test!

Mory Dunz

Ok, so with no Duck Hunt trailer shown....does that mean:

1. It gets randomly shown in a general Wii U direct before Nov 21st?

2. Or gets randomly uploaded to Youtube as PoTD or something before Nov 21st?

I'm guessing in early 2015 we'll get a big patch. Adds Miiverse stage, Online Tourney, Share, and Shop to pre-order DLC (but not able to get it yet). Comes with the announcement of another DLC character as well as a DLC stage with Mewtwo. Kinda like how MK8 did things.

I wonder what the "order all the DLC" bonus will be

It's usually some minor thing, but I love 'em. The Yoshi/Shy Guy colors in Mario Kart were so cool.

Slermy

Which stages are these?
screen-8.jpg

That's an old "Game & Watch". "Octopus" I think it was called.

entry13-1.jpg

N64 Congo Jungle is back
I have no idea why bring back THAT and not Hyrule Castle, Dreamland or Saffron City, which are all infinitely more popular

I love how the Smash Menu is a stage.

The Mega Man, Charizard/Greninja and Bowser Jr reveals seems to take place at the same location.

I'm still betting these fit together somehow for the opening video.

[*]Super Mario Bros.: The Lost Levels Medley
[*]Fortress Boss (Super Mario World)

I wonder what the Lost Levels Medley will have?

And yes omg I love that boss theme.

[*]The Great Sea / Menu Select (The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker)

I'm guessing this is what we heard from the April Direct. My favorite Zelda File Select theme, yes!

a shame it will play on that shitty skyloft stage

[*]The Great Cave Offensive (Kirby Super Star)
[*]Route 10 (Pokémon Black & White)
[*]Xenoblade Chronicles Medley

YES YES YEESSSSS

The only Brawl stage im really missing is the pirate ship from Windwaker. Man, that was a great stage.

I hear you. Really bummed that it appears to not be coming back, but I suppsoe it's not that surprising given the removal of swimming.

I have no shame in saying that i'm more hyped for this than the DLC announcement.

Same here. Honestly, Palutena's Guidance is probably in my top three favorite reveals in this whole presentation. :)

For Pokefans: Route 10 and Cynthia's Theme are confirmed to be in the game.

Holy mother of god, Route 10. One of my favorite Pokémon songs of all time, hell yes!

• Battlefield (Original)
  • Ground Theme / Underground Theme (Super Mario Bros.)
  • Super Mario Bros.: The Lost Levels Medley
  • Fortress Boss (Super Mario World)
  • Super Mario Bros. Medley
  • Athletic Theme / Ground Theme (New Super Mario Bros. 2)
  • Egg Planet (Super Mario Galaxy)
  • Gear Getaway (Donkey Kong Country Returns)
  • Donkey Kong Country Returns (Vocal)
  • Ballad of the Goddess / Ghirahim's Theme (The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword)
  • Main Theme / Underworld Theme (The Legend of Zelda)
  • Ocarina of Time Medley (The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time)
  • Saria's Song / Middle Boss Battle (The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time)
  • Temple Theme (Zelda II: The Adventure of Link)
  • Tal Tal Heights (The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening)
  • The Great Sea / Menu Select (The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker)
  • Title (Metroid)
  • Ending (Yoshi's Story)
  • The Great Cave Offensive (Kirby Super Star)
  • Theme from Area 6 / Missile Slipstream (Star Fox 64 / Star Fox Command)
  • Battle! Team Flare (Pokémon X & Y)
  • Battle! Champion / Champion Cynthia (Pokémon Diamond & Pearl)
  • Route 10 (Pokémon Black & White)
  • Fight 1 (Fire Emblem Gaiden)
  • Destroyed Skyworld (Kid Icarus: Uprising)
  • Stage Select (Pikmin 2)
  • Xenoblade Chronicles Medley
  • Plaza / Title (Animal Crossing: City Folk / Wide World)
  • Tour (Animal Crossing: New Leaf)
  • Light Plane (Vocal Mix) (Pilotwings)
  • Turbo Jet (Pilotwings Resort)
  • Dillon's Rolling Western: The Last Ranger
  • PAC-MAN'S PARK / BLOCK TOWN (PAC-MANIA)
  • PAC-MAN
  • Master Hand (Original)
  • Credits (Smash Bros.): Ver. 2 (Super Smash Bros.)
  • Menu 2 (Melee)
  • Results Display Screen (Super Smash Bros.)

You are a god among men. Thank you for this. Wait, what's that I see...? Is it...?

Destroyed Skyworld (Kid Icarus: Uprising)

IT FUCKING IS. MY FAVORITE SONG FROM KID ICARUS: UPRISING AND ONE I WAS REALLY HOPING WOULD BE IN SMASH. PALUTENA'S TEMPLE BEST STAGE CONFIRMED.

Dryk

Omega stages pretty much means that he'll give every stage a gimmick, even if they don't need it
Omega mode misses the point so hard, and ruining all these stages just rubs in the salt. Seriously this downhill slide in stages makes me want Sakurai to hand over to someone that will just give us a hazard editor already.

oh i think the music that plays during the stage builder portion is one of the pirate tracks from game & wario

that's cool and all but where's the vocal wario music

Hatchtag

Banned
ways sakurai trolled with ridley:
-confirmed with a stage hazard before his segment if you had a good eye (he's on pyrosphere's stage select icon
-confirmed him as a boss who has a fucking stock icon, final smash, and rolling backward animation (it's not a roll, it's the thing the other big characters do where they slide back)
-showed off his trophy at the same time they showed mewtwo's trophy, AND HE GOT CONFIRMED AS A BOSS LATER
-topped it off with this little gem:
gUkVukb.png

Yupp. I'd say this was worthy of it Sakurai. This was a worthy finale to the Ridley trolling, and you even left the door open
for crazy people
such as myself
with the amount of work put into him.

oh i think the music that plays during the stage builder portion is one of the pirate tracks from game & wario

that's cool and all but where's the vocal wario music
Wait really? That's awesome.

With Stonecarving City and that being tracks I guess I don't have to worry about Body Rock not fitting the mood for Gamer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom