• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U POTD Thread 17: Smash 3DS Discussion @ OT PLS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
Which stages are these?

screen-5.jpg

screen-8.jpg

I think the first one might be Xenoblade at Night.

Second one I guess during the SNES-style part of Pilot Wings?

Something I don't see many people talking about: "Engage the Enemy" remix shown during the Wii U half of the soundtrack promo bit <3

I really wish you'd agreed to my avatar bet. I'd wanted to see you wear this:

weakweakandpatheticavulq6x.png

:(
lol sorry. I like my avatar as is and won't be doing anymore avatar bets.

Also just found out about events and Woolly World Stage. OMG.

Golnei

I fucking love how they implemented the in game shield for this. Was really unexpected.

That was a great effect. The bubble shield always seemed a little visually underwhelming for its utility, so seeing it in such a dramatic incarnation was oddly fitting.

The amount of salt from the Press Releases:

I love how Jungle Hijinx had a giant piece of text come up saying it was based on Donkey Kong Country Returns, while Pyrosphere was 'inspired by the Metroid series'.

The only Brawl stage im really missing is the pirate ship from Windwaker. Man, that was a great stage.

Today, we are all Pirate Ships.

Maybe it's just me, but I'm not really a fan of the 8-Player Smash mode. Nor am I liking so many of the stages being radically designed to accommodate them. Had such high hopes for The Great Cave Offensive. :\

and that's ignoring how Doc Louis over any other potential character would just be insane
Doc Louis is heaps likable, could make for cool heavier-style boxer moveset and Punch-Out!! has quite a number of titles to justify a second rep, despite the huge gap between Super and the Wii version.

I want a new Kong first tho.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Anyone got a link to where I can watch the direct again?

You can rewatch it here.

http://www.twitch.tv/nintendo/b/581094561

What are you talking a....

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B0qreDNIgAEpoLN.jpg[/]

BOUUUUUUUUUUUT!?!

MEGATON! 10/10! GAME OF THE YEAR! GAME OF THE FOREVER!

[img]http://media.tumblr.com/e54dac300327a291511c79d7bd8f7136/tumblr_inline_mfjy0jdcdd1rtjr21.gif[/][/QUOTE]

Not gonna lie, I freaking lost it when i saw this.

Greenzxy

Which stages are these?

screen-5.jpg

screen-8.jpg

The only thing that irks me about the koopalings and bowser jr. is that they don't have much detail compare to the rest of the other characters. Like Notice how Bowser has scales and the kids don't, less detail on the shell and so forth. Same with Dunk Hunt Dog.

Oh well.

Golnei

The only thing that irks me about the koopalings and bowser jr. is that they don't have much detail compare to the rest of the other characters. Like Notice how Bowser has scales and the kids don't, less detail on the shell and so forth. Same with Dunk Hunt Dog.

Oh well.

Though that's likely a carry-over from his SM64-inspired Melee and Brawl appearances - if he were added to the games now, I doubt he'd have the detailed scale and shell textures.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Nah, I'd love Doc Louis, and I think he'd be somewhat possible since he could probably be based on Little Mac, but slightly more unique---plus it'd give us our first actual black Nintendo fighter playable in Smash (actually, I think he's the ONLY black character in Smash period?) which would be nice.
Ganondorf BUT I guess he doesn't count cause fictional race

Alrighty, speculation time: what do you want to change about Mewtwo's play style? Or would you rather him stay similar to his Melee incarnation?

Damn, it's still so crazy he's confirmed!

Greenzxy

Though that's likely a carry-over from his SM64-inspired Melee and Brawl appearances - if he were added to the games now, I doubt he'd have the detailed scale and shell textures.

Yea, but even so, Smash Bros in general has a thing of putting more emphasis on adding details to the characters. Like Bowser's hair and mouth are much more "realistic" than its counterpart game.

Gleethor

Alrighty, speculation time: what do you want to change about Mewtwo's play style? Or would you rather him stay similar to his Melee incarnation?

Damn, it's still so crazy he's confirmed!

Was not at all expecting confirmation of DLC today, let alone outright confirming a character. I think he'll be quite a bit different from his Melee version while still having similar abilities.

tauroxd

I wonder when they're going to say how much GBs is gonna be the download. I have 16 GB free so I hope it's around 15... Let's pray!

Man I am so hype!

The new DK stage looks amazing, and the dual plane gimmick is fantastic.
Great Cave Offensive looks really cool and unique, will be perfect with lots of players.
Mario Circuit should be cool too.
And apparently a Woolly World stage? Sakurai you spoil me.

Not to mention the inevitable hidden stages. Wind Waker HD and a second Pokemon stage pls. Plus Duck Hunt.

Then 8 player smash looks fantastic! Plus event mode and other stuff.

Metal Face and Ridley look sweet too, not a fan of seeing that crab walking around Garden of Hope though. Mainly because Gaur Plains and Pyrosphere are pretty bad or boring layouts which don't really lose anything with their omega variant, I'd hate to have Garden of Hope's unique layout interrupted by an enemy walking around.

New stage builder looks great too, should be able to make some really neat stuff. Really interested in seeing the tools we're given this time around.

And convo's with Palutena and Viridi will be awesome :D

And also.... MEWTWOOOOOOO!!!!!!! One of my most wanted characters is here, and opens the door for anyone else to be in as DLC.

BeauRoger

Unconfirmed Member
Good news, the Pac-Land stage is missing from the stage select screen. The only conclusion is that there are more stages than are currently shown.

Sorry if old!

Watch Da Birdie

What's gonna be the POTD tonight?

Good news, the Pac-stage is missing from the stage select screen. The only conclusion is that there are more stages than are currently shown.

Sorry if old!

Yes, and the screenshot on the website is different from the Direct and shows Smashville and Jungle Japes(64) as well.

entry13-1.jpg

N64 Congo Jungle is back
I have no idea why bring back THAT and not Hyrule Castle, Dreamland or Saffron City, which are all infinitely more popular

Caladrius

The Bowser+Koopalings trailer was great. Only one I liked better was Greninja's.

Haha.I don't mean to say I wouldn't enjoy it, but I don't think Sakurai's made the jump to the deep end yet.

I'd like to think we'll see Doc Louis with Smash 6, where they're pushing 4 characters a franchise, there's a bleak dystopian story about how Mario becomes the tyrant of the Smash world and his hands are genetically enhanced into what we know as Master/Crazy Hand to serve as the world's military force, and Sakurai develops a special controller so your dogs and cats can play along with you.

I would still buy it. >__>

For Pokefans: Route 10 and Cynthia's Theme are confirmed to be in the game.

Magnificent.

Hopefully they do a better job with Cynthia's remix than they did for Vs. Reshiram and Zekrom though. I preferred the original mix of that one by a large margin.

Watch Da Birdie

Just realized there was Frederick from TF in the Trophy Section...I know that's an easy model rip, but I'd love a Tropical Freeze stage.

I mean, we have Mario Kart 8 in, as well as Wooly World...and Tropical Freeze was originally gonna be released November 2013 so there might've been time for Sakurai to be sent a basic level scheme to use.

zroid

Banned
entry13-1.jpg

N64 Congo Jungle is back
I have no idea why bring back THAT and not Hyrule Castle, Dreamland or Saffron City, which are all infinitely more popular

hmm I don't mind this, actually like Congo Jungle. But yeah Saffron City would've been the best...

Imaging that having Mario, Donkey Kong, Pikachu, Link, Kirby, Samus, Fox and Yoshi playing on N64 Congo Jungle stage... It will be the best Nostalgia ever.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom