• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U POTD Thread 17: Smash 3DS Discussion @ OT PLS

Status
Not open for further replies.

jnWake

You forgot the best part.

BpF3qBC.png

This is probably the thing the voice actor mentioned about Chrom being upset he wasn't in the game.

needs to have the goat Hades appear too. I wanna hear him insult all the other fighters.

how can one expected Chorus Kids and Dixie because Mewtwo was revealed yet completely dismiss Ridley's chances? I mean, if you're gonna believe SpainKiller's source saw Ridley on the 3DS, might as well join us on the crazy
hype
train.
Oh shit, he did say 3DS didn't he? Guess that confirms it. Also, I hope Hades shows up in Ganondorf's talk or something to gloat about how much more evil he is. He just needs to show up.

Also, is Mario Circuit now the most recent thing represented in the game?

Neo Dark

Young Link is in; he's just Toon Link now. All the Zelda characters changed to more modern incarnations; Young Link and Toon Link just needed to be given distinct names from regular Link.

Ice Climbers are the only real Melee casualty. Roy and Pichu were both clones that played extremely similarly to the originals (and Roy has been eplaced by Lucina).

Yeah I know. But specifically those characters got cut. If you don't count the clones and the Young Link to Toon Link switch then yes only Ice Climbers got cut. Not sure why I mentioned the if you don't count Young Link part while chatting with friends but not on that post.

3eCk9fs.png

Anyone had a crack at figuring out how the roster will look with everyone unlocked?

You just reminded me that during the direct, the thing that bugged me was how all the characters had a yellow tint background on their icons for the character select. What happened to the rainbow assortment that is used on the site and on the 3DS version?

Cse

Banned
So who is in camp "there are more stages that will be unlocked" and who is in camp "that's all the stages"?

It seems weird to me they would only make ONE Smash 64 stage.

Also I'm upset Pirate Ship is gone. I don't think you NEED swimming for that stage to work.

There are more stages. Pac-Land, Kongo Jungle, Smashville, etc.

I imagine there are probably 4-6 unlockable stages.

Overall, though, the stage roster is insanely disappointing. The gimmicks and bosses associated with same stages just turn me away completely, even in casual play - Wiley's Castle, new DK stage, Pyrosphere, Great Cave Offensive, Gaur Plain, etc.

Also, we have two Battliefileds. Two Mario Circuit stages. We have Town and City and Smashville. 75m and Bridge of Eldin both return. It's just a terrible stage roster.

DooD1234

Man, can't believe some people still think Ridley has a chance as DLC. I guess we will see in a couple months when more DLC characters get announced but I still think Ridley forever stuck as a boss.

Also I think I swear I'm the only guy okay with boss hazards like Ridley and Flying Man, it just gives me and my brothers more reason to gang up on the brother who got the boss support.

Veeboy

Really? He's just a giant purple flying abomination.

Yes I agree entirely.

Either way that direct was great! We getting a Wooly World stage ya'll!!!

Also Palutena/Viridi (and Chrom) convos are making me wish I'd played KI:U so I have context for the characters. I'll still love the commentary regardless though.

Only thing I'm disappointed about was that we got Bowser Jr's trailer instead of one for DHD. I mean, the Koopaling trailer was nice, but I'm not planning on playing them much so I'm hoping DHD's trailer is up soon.

How though? In what way could he be both a playable character and a stage boss at the same time?
I honesly wouldn't be surprised if the model we saw was the playable Ridley.

The Ultimate Troll.

Sakurai: "Ridley is too big? Well I just make him a big character mwahaha."

That said, its easy just use a different Ridley design. All of the non Other M designs basicaly look like a different character anywayz.

Oh shit, he did say 3DS didn't he? Guess that confirms it. Also, I hope Hades shows up in Ganondorf's talk or something to gloat about how much more evil he is. He just needs to show up.

Also, is Mario Circuit now the most recent thing represented in the game?

Nope, there is a Yarn Yoshi stage. Which is very odd, since the game isn't launched until 2015.

Dryk

Overall, though, the stage roster is insanely disappointing. The gimmicks and bosses associated with same stages just turn me away completely, even in casual play - Wiley's Castle, new DK stage, Pyrosphere, Great Cave Offensive, Gaur Plain, etc.

Also, we have two Battliefileds. Two Mario Circuit stages. We have Town and City and Smashville. 75m and Bridge of Eldin both return. It's just a terrible stage roster.
Town and City + Smashville would suck normally. But considering Wiley's Castle, Garden of Hope and a metric bajillton of walk-offs it's actually a plus.

Mory Dunz

With this direct, it'd be really cool if Smash had different characters for each stock, in the special rules. Not a big deal though. Next time I guess.

Axass

I honesly wouldn't be surprised if the model we saw was the playable Ridley.

The Ultimate Troll.

Sakurai: "Ridley is too big? Well I just make him a big character mwahaha."

That said, its easy just use a different Ridley design. All of the non Other M designs basicaly look like a different character anywayz.

Besides we have Zero Suit Samus and Samus, Toon Link and Link, Sheik and Zelda, all as separate playable characters. Having original Ridley as playable and Other M Ridley as boss wouldn't be mind-blowing.

Ryce

Anyone had a crack at figuring out how the roster will look with everyone unlocked?
Wario after Bowser Jr.
Mr. Game & Watch after Diddy Kong
Falco after Fox
Duck Hunt and R.O.B. after Greninja
Ness before Captain Falcon
Mii Fighters after Sonic
“Page 2” arrow box after Random

The second page will contain Dr. Mario, Dark Pit, Lucina, and all DLC characters.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom