• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U POTD Thread 17: Smash 3DS Discussion @ OT PLS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ozium

That's it Snake fans.. wrap it up.. He's not coming back... the specific call out to him and his codecs was a means of explaining that he's been cut so now Sakurai can continue his bias with more KI:U crap sprinkled throughout the game.. Mentioning Snake is just kicking us while we're down... and before anyone says but why would they mention Snake? I say to you that Sakurai lives on the tears of fanboys :(

He played us like a damn fiddle

PartialFirmKestrel.gif

I dunno if I did it right

Looks like they reused the background from the Mega Man reveal.

entry13-1.jpg

N64 Congo Jungle is back
I have no idea why bring back THAT and not Hyrule Castle, Dreamland or Saffron City, which are all infinitely more popular

Yeah seriously LOL. By far and away the most boring stage from the original.

Magnificent.

Hopefully they do a better job with Cynthia's remix than they did for Vs. Reshiram and Zekrom though. I preferred the original mix of that one by a large margin.

It wasn't the best arrangement, but they included Dragonspiral Tower/Celestial Tower into it so I was good.

Hatchtag

Banned
Neither of the stage select screens have Pac-Land on it. There's almost definitely gonna be a (very, very small number) more stages.

Neither of the stage select screens have Pac-Land on it. There's almost definitely gonna be a (very, very small number) more stages.

Wasn't it in the 8 player Smash portion? There were a bunch of stages darkened out but there was one I couldn't recognize before Windy Hill.

Also, I wonder why they didn't show the Duck Hunt Trailer?

Every character cut have a chance to be back now..

But not Ice Climbers..

WHY
I give zero shits about Mewtwo, other than the fact that unique characters can still come back after being cut. I'll see you in a few years, Ice Climbers.
Have to say, my hype for Mewtwo is a bit underwhelming...
Mainly because "Spring 2015" is so-far off. I sort of hate long-term DLC, because I always sort of fall behind when it comes out and never get around to picking it up because another game has me pre-occupied.
Absolutely. I'm not going to be playing Smash as much when he's out.
Yes. He's updated it since. I especially love that last line:
TqaGg9W.jpg
Perfect. Today, we are all Mewtwos.

Volotaire

What are the chances that they will announce more content for the Wii U version before it releases besides potential DLC characters or stages? I can't keep up with Smash threads so I don't know if there are certain rumours that are true or etc.

Kinsei

Banned
What are the chances that they will announce more content for the Wii U version before it releases besides potential DLC characters or stages? I can't keep up with Smash threads so I don't know if there are certain rumours that are true or etc.

Unfortunately it seems to be pretty low. The most we'll get is most likely just more in depth looks at everything that was announced tonight.

Hatchtag

Banned
Wasn't it in the 8 player Smash portion? There were a bunch of stages darkened out but there was one I couldn't recognize between Wily Castle and Windy Hill.

Also, I wonder why they didn't show the Duck Hunt Trailer?

I checked and didn't see it. And I'm guessing to leave room for some more announcements/another direct.

I honestly have doubts that Mewtwo will be the sole DLC released in Spring. At minimum, he's coming with a stage. A character takes a lot of time, I understand that. But I don't see it taking 4 (Wii U min, release in March)/6-6/8 (3DS Max, release in May) months and releasing by itself.

Unfortunately it seems to be pretty low. The most we'll get is most likely just more in depth looks at everything that was announced tonight.

There's both the DHD trailer and opening to show off. The opening I can see being left unrevealed. The DHD trailer is going to be shown off though. You don't make that much CGI for almost solely promotional purposes and just leave it on the disc.

Axass

Didn't notice that before. Huh.

The castle is my favorite stage from that game, actually.

List time:

Last place - Peach's Castle

Not so hot - Mushroom Kingdom, Planet Zebes

Good - Yoshi's Island, Congo Jungle

Great - Dream Land, Saffron City

Amazing - Hyrule Castle

Holy Mother of God - Sector Z

Since MK8 and Wooly World are getting a stage, I'm sort of expecting 3DWorld, Wind Waker HD and Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze to get ones too.

Maybe Bowser World, an HD do-over of the Pirate Ship and a snow level set on DK Island to compensate for no IC level?

I checked and didn't see it. And I'm guessing to leave room for some more announcements/another direct.

I honestly have doubts that Mewtwo will be the sole DLC released in Spring. At minimum, he's coming with a stage. A character takes a lot of time, I understand that. But I don't see it taking 4 (Wii U min, release in March)/6-6/8 (3DS Max, release in May) months and releasing by itself.

There's both the DHD trailer and opening to show off. The opening I can see being left unrevealed. The DHD trailer is going to be shown off though. You don't make that much CGI for almost solely promotional purposes and just leave it on the disc.
CLEARLY THE DHD TRAILER LEADS INTO DIXIE SAVING DIDDY KONG

Anth0ny

entry13-1.jpg

N64 Congo Jungle is back
I have no idea why bring back THAT and not Hyrule Castle, Dreamland or Saffron City, which are all infinitely more popular

WHAT

MEGATON

Isn't this the first retro stage making an appearance in Smash 4 that wasn't in Brawl?

If they don't bring back more N64 and Melee stages via DLC so help me

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
So many new features, holy crap. Come Nov 21st, goodbye 3DS.

Deadstar

Wow....I was hyped BEFORE watching the direct but they are making the game so much better. This game is going to be THE game of the year it seems.

I was pretty hyped before the Direct, but tried to squash the hopes in order to not be disappointed.

This was better than anything I could've thought of. I'm so happy with the results.

Rayis

They should have shown the Duck Hunt trailer instead of the Bowser Jr. one because by the end of the direct we had seen plenty of Bowser Jr footage but none of Duck Hunt so the surprise was ruined.

Though the surprise had been ruined since the ESRB leak

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom