• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U POTD Thread 17: Smash 3DS Discussion @ OT PLS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deadstar

I'm a little worried that this game might be TOO good with TOO much content. How are other games going to compare? They can't....I can see the video game industry crashing after the release of smash because it's mere existence cannibalizes all sales of games. What a sad time we live in.

Cse

Banned
entry13-1.jpg

N64 Congo Jungle is back
I have no idea why bring back THAT and not Hyrule Castle, Dreamland or Saffron City, which are all infinitely more popular

Hyrule Castle is probably my favorite Smash stage of all time. I would be ecstatic if it were ever brought back.

ways sakurai trolled with ridley:
-confirmed with a stage hazard before his segment if you had a good eye (he's on pyrosphere's stage select icon
-confirmed him as a boss who has a fucking stock icon, final smash, and rolling backward animation (it's not a roll, it's the thing the other big characters do where they slide back)
-showed off his trophy at the same time they showed mewtwo's trophy, AND HE GOT CONFIRMED AS A BOSS LATER

Wait, he has a Final Smash? Was that Meta Ridley?

That's going to make Modders' jobs a whole lot easier.

How though? In what way could he be both a playable character and a stage boss at the same time?

There's a first for everything Cap.

I love how they put so much work into him, it shows that even Sakurai can care for his fans somewhat.

I'm almost certain he'll be playable in a sequel or DLC.

Azure J

Hyrule Castle is probably my favorite Smash stage of all time. I would be ecstatic if it were ever brought back.

N64 Hyrule Castle and Sector Z would just make me swoon into a pile of mush. I have so many good memories of those stages. Saffron City as well but only if they could make the Pokemon appearances work the same way they did in that game. :lol

So who is in camp "there are more stages that will be unlocked" and who is in camp "that's all the stages"?

It seems weird to me they would only make ONE Smash 64 stage.

Also I'm upset Pirate Ship is gone. I don't think you NEED swimming for that stage to work.

How though? In what way could he be both a playable character and a stage boss at the same time?
alfonzo in a chicken suit

we've been over this before

So who is in camp "there are more stages that will be unlocked" and who is in camp "that's all the stages"?

Also I'm upset Pirate Ship is gone. I don't think you NEED swimming for that stage to work.
Pac-Land isn't on the starting roster of stages, so there's definitely some hidden ones.

Hatchtag

Banned

this is smash, anything could happen. It'd look no less silly than having two of the same characters on the same stage, stages where a playable character appears as an NPC, etc.

That video was like a roller coaster of good and awful. 75m? Seriously?

Worst part was the stage roster, but the best part was stage builder. Game board mode looks like it could be fun or not fun at all.

Also, there's your moving model of Ridley lol.

Didn't it also play during Palutena's reveal trailer?

Yeah, but it was sped up and cut up pretty badly. I'm glad we're getting the real thing in the game.

-confirmed with a stage hazard before his segment if you had a good eye (he's on pyrosphere's stage select icon
-confirmed him as a boss who has a fucking stock icon, final smash, and rolling backward animation (it's not a roll, it's the thing the other big characters do where they slide back)
-showed off his trophy at the same time they showed mewtwo's trophy, AND HE GOT CONFIRMED AS A BOSS LATER
-topped it off with this little gem:
gUkVukb.png

Yupp. I'd say this was worthy of it Sakurai. This was a worthy finale to the Ridley trolling, and you even left the door open
for crazy people
such as myself
with the amount of work put into him.

Dude, I'm pretty sure that's Reshiram. I don't think it's Ridley, in any case.

There's exactly a 0% chance that's all the stages. Pac-Land's not on there.

Omega mode misses the point so hard, and ruining all these stages just rubs in the salt. Seriously this downhill slide in stages makes me want Sakurai to hand over to someone that will just give us a hazard editor already.

Have you ever made a game?
LX1oaUo.jpg

Golnei

Hopefully they can actually make him Meta Ridley instead of Glowy Ridley.

SAKURAI: Towards the end of the match, however, there are some serious dramatic moments. As Sakamoto-san was watching one of these, where Ridley transformed into his Meta-Ridley form, he said 'why is Ridley made of metal?'

IWATA: He said that, even though it had been the specification from the very beginning! (laughs)

SAKURAI: Yes! (laughs) So I told him 'he's Meta-Ridley, that's why he's made of metal'. His response, however, was 'but it looks strange to have this metal person popping up during such a serious event'. It would then become an exchange along the lines of me saying 'But this is the specification!' and him responding 'No, no, definitely strange'.

Beats

So, I guess we can't transfer all of the custom stuff we unlocked in the 3DS version in one shot? I really hope this isn't the case...

yo in all seriousness tho, the ridley trolling was real. all that work and teasing was put in for a stage boss... like how do you tease a boss that was a boss in the previous game.

Heh, the Japanese version of the Direct is narrated by Tomokazu Sugita -- Chrom's voice actor.

Also, the powered up version of Ridley in the Japanese version is called "Black Ridley"...

Golnei

Heh, the Japanese version of the Direct is narrated by Tomokazu Sugita -- Chrom's voice actor.

Also, the powered up version of Ridley in the Japanese version is called "Black Ridley"...

That would make sense with what happens during the Other M boss fight. The parallel with Metal/Black Face is amusing, though.

BeauRoger

Unconfirmed Member
alfonzo in a chicken suit

we've been over this before

Pac-Land isn't on the starting roster of stages, so there's definitely some hidden ones.

Yep, so maybe there is hope for windwakers pirate ship level after all.. and while we are at it, throw in Rumble Falls as well!

RagnarokX

-topped it off with this little gem:
gUkVukb.png

Yupp. I'd say this was worthy of it Sakurai. This was a worthy finale to the Ridley trolling, and you even left the door open
for crazy people
such as myself
with the amount of work put into him.
Dude, that's just a dragon, not Ridley.

There aren't people seriously still expecting Ridley, right? He's clearly actually too big this time.

Also, I hope this means we still get Chours Kids and Dixie!

Hatchtag

Banned
Want that Viriditi/palutena talk so bad

needs to have the goat Hades appear too. I wanna hear him insult all the other fighters.

There aren't people seriously still expecting Ridley, right? He's clearly actually too big this time.

Also, I hope this means we still get Chours Kids and Dixie!

how can one expected Chorus Kids and Dixie because Mewtwo was revealed yet completely dismiss Ridley's chances? I mean, if you're gonna believe SpainKiller's source saw Ridley on the 3DS, might as well join us on the crazy
hype
train.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet

I need to watch this!

So I can imagine it's being narrated by Gintoki.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom