• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U POTD Thread 17: Smash 3DS Discussion @ OT PLS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Neiteio

Wario after Bowser Jr.
Mr. Game & Watch after Diddy Kong
Falco after Fox
Duck Hunt and R.O.B. after Greninja
Ness before Captain Falcon
Mii Fighters after Sonic
“Page 2” arrow box after Random

The second page will contain Dr. Mario, Dark Pit, Lucina, and all DLC characters.
How does one tab over to another page when 2-8 people locally are all selecting off the same screen?

I think they'll just resize the icons and fit them all in at once.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
screen-1.jpg

I really like this picture. It reminded me of archery section in Wii Sport Resort. :D

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
oh my god thank you that's totally it

the idea that a continuous rhythmic game had to be from warioware or rhythm heaven was just so lodged in my brain that i couldn't think about other ones from other games i've played

i will sleep tonight

lol no problem dude

georly

It looks way more hype than the game suggests, honestly.

Says something about the trailer that I still got hype for Bowser Jr. despite being oh-so-very aware he's been in the game for the past two months. :lol

That Koopalings reveal was so fucking good. And oddly sinister!

tumblr_ndx5wgpuxI1r3rdh2o1_500.gif

These smash bros character intros make me want a Nintendo CG movie with whoever makes these producing it. They're so so good. Team up with disney or someone who can help w/ the script, but nintendo characters are perfect for animated movies.
Especially since cartoons inspired miyamoto to create many of them.

Neiteio

The same way somebody selects a Mii? It doesn't have to be a full page -- it can be a pop-up menu.
I can see that, MK8-style (Yoshi and Shy Guy colors), but I think they'd sooner just resize/rearrange the icons and fit them all in at once.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
So fucking glad Luigi's Mansion returned
iOLsHPTRH49xf.gif

Based Sakurai, I'm your slave

ibeAkSQ5QCGPDf.gif

No Luigi's Mansion 2 stage in the 3DS felt off...

I'm pretty sure there was evidence there was one too, since iirc in the data the Boo Trophy was with the Stage Trophies. Also, the Polterpup mentions them as plural, and talks about a "larger one", which I don't recall in Mansion 2 and sounded like a cut stage hazard.

Dryk

especially since its already coded in smash 4. isn't that what you do in the end of smash tour?(a mode that I still don't understand how it works with the exception of the stock match at the end)
We don't get access to lots of things that the game has though. I mean the 3DS can do special Smashes and turn off transitions in Warioware when it wants to, I don't see how Smash Tour will be any different :(

So I'm counting 44 officially-revealed stages so far, but there's probably more than that since the stage selection screen we saw today didn't have Pac-Land on it and there's also likely to be at least one returning Pokémon stage as well as one of the Flat Zone stages for Mr. Game & Watch.

Also, considering the only Mother and F-Zero stages so far are Onett and Port Town Aero Dive, I'm almost certain at this point that Magicant and Mute City SNES can be unlocked in this version as well. Here's hoping...

Here's a list I've compiled if anyone wants to use it:

1. 75m (Brawl)
2. Battlefield
3. Big Battlefield
4. Boxing Ring
5. Bridge of Eldin (Brawl)
6. Castle Siege (Brawl)
7. Coliseum
8. Delfino Plaza (Brawl)
9. Final Destination
10. Gamer
11. Garden of Hope
12. Gaur Plain
13. Great Cave Offensive
14. Halberd (Brawl)
15. Jungle Hijinxs
16. Kalos Pokémon League
17. Kongo Jungle (64)
18. Luigi's Mansion (Brawl)
19. Lylat Cruise (Brawl)
20. Mario Circuit [MK 8]
21. Mario Circuit (Brawl)
22. Mario Galaxy
23. Miiverse
24. Mushroom Kingdom U
25. Norfair (Brawl)
26. Onett (Melee)
27. Orbital Gate Assault
28. Pac-Land
29. Palutena's Temple
30. Pilotwings
31. Port Town Aero Dive (Brawl)
32. Pyrosphere
33. Smashville (Brawl)
34. Skyloft
35. Skyworld (Brawl)
36. Temple (Melee)
37. Town and City
38. Wii Fit Studio
39. Wily Castle
40. Windy Hill
41. Wrecking Crew
42. Wuhu Island
43. Yoshi's Island (Melee)
44. Yoshi's Woolly World

Anything I'm missing? Pretty fucking amazing stage selection so far for me, despite a few returning duds (75m, Skyworld, Mario Circuit) and a few missing favorites (Pirate Ship, Frigate Orpheon, any other 64 stage besides Kongo Jungle).

Drago

Sure, but a lot of those renders at the site you linked have fuzzy outlines, cropping artifacts, etc. Look at Zero Suit Samus, for example.

Better than the alternative of nothin' at all ;)

I'd try to clean some of them up if I had the ability to do so. :/

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
You know, as disappointing as the stage selection is... it's probably still going to have the most decent stages of any Smash game yet.

I just can't help but compare to PM which is SO GOOD that stages I'd play the hell out of in a normal Smash game barely get touched because there are so many even better options.

Drago

God I'm so excited for the Miiverse stage. I can't believe it's actually happening since it was my most wanted stage but the idea just seemed too out there to actually happen. I was flipping out when it was revealed.

Just imagining a stage with posts like these flying all around is making me giddy with excitement

Revven

despite a few returning duds (75m, Skyworld, Mario Circuit) and a few missing favorites (Pirate Ship, Frigate Orpheon, any other 64 stage besides Kongo Jungle).

This is the sourspot for me on the stage selection. Bad choices in the returning stages which practically says to us that none of the returning stages are going to be stages that didn't appear in Brawl (i.e Fountain of Dreams, PokeFloats, Dreamland 64, Mute City, etc etc). I don't understand why they felt the need to make a new Mario Circuit and bring back the old one. :/ (And the old one is awful anyway, hope the new one is an improvement otherwise... it'll be 2 duds then).

Also, why isn't anyone talking about fucking communities being confirmed!? I never thought we'd actually get that! Now it won't be troublesome to play against other GAFfers. It'll be sooo much easier (provided we can have a 1v1 room, a 2v2 room, and a FFA room like how in MK8 we had a Frantic room and a normal room).

This is the sourspot for me on the stage selection. Bad choices in the returning stages which practically says to us that none of the returning stages are going to be stages that didn't appear in Brawl (i.e Fountain of Dreams, PokeFloats, Dreamland 64, Mute City, etc etc). I don't understand why they felt the need to make a new Mario Circuit and bring back the old one. :/ (And the old one is awful anyway, hope the new one is an improvement otherwise... it'll be 2 duds then).

Also, why isn't anyone talking about fucking communities being confirmed!? I never thought we'd actually get that! Now it won't be troublesome to play against other GAFfers. It'll be sooo much easier (provided we can have a 1v1 room, a 2v2 room, and a FFA room like how in MK8 we had a Frantic room and a normal room).

I think the stage selection is pretty fantastic overall, but yeah, it's definitely not perfect.

I don't really care about Fountain of Dreams or Dream Land 64 returning, but yeah, Poké Floats would be nice. Mute City will be irrelevant, though, if we're getting Mute City SNES from the 3DS version (which I believe we are).

And yeah, having two Mario Circuits is kinda lame. There are so many more interesting tracks in Mario Kart 8 to pull from... almost any other track would have been better, even Mario Kart Stadium. Why not Mount Wario?! Gah...

We'll definitely get at least one returning Pokémon stage, but it'll be Pokémon Stadium or Pokémon Stadium 2, not Poké Floats.

God I'm so excited for the Miiverse stage. I can't believe it's actually happening since it was my most wanted stage but the idea just seemed too out there to actually happen. I was flipping out when it was revealed.

Just imagining a stage with posts like these flying all around is making me giddy with excitement

i'm really glad it's neutral too

i look forward to the first tourney choke caused by a hilariously stupid miiverse post

Neiteio

So I'm counting 44 officially-revealed stages so far, but there's probably more than that since the stage selection screen we saw today didn't have Pac-Land on it and there's also likely to be at least one returning Pokémon stage as well as one of the Flat Zone stages for Mr. Game & Watch.

Also, considering the only Mother and F-Zero stages so far are Onett and Port Town Aero Dive, I'm almost certain at this point that Magicant and Mute City SNES can be unlocked in this version as well. Here's hoping...

1. 75m (Brawl)
2. Battlefield
3. Big Battlefield
4. Boxing Ring
6. Castle Siege (Brawl)
7. Coliseum
8. Delfino Plaza (Brawl)
9. Final Destination
10. Gamer
11. Garden of Hope
12. Gaur Plain
13. Great Cave Offensive
14. Halberd (Brawl)
15. Jungle Hijinxs
16. Kalos Pokémon League
17. Kongo Jungle (64)
19. Lylat Cruise (Brawl)
20. Mario Circuit [MK 8]
22. Mario Galaxy
23. Miiverse
24. Mushroom Kingdom U
25. Norfair (Brawl)
26. Onett (Melee)
27. Orbital Gate Assault
28. Pac-Land
29. Palutena's Temple
30. Pilotwings
32. Pyrosphere
33. Smashville (Brawl)
34. Skyloft
35. Skyworld (Brawl)
36. Temple (Melee)
37. Town and City
38. Wii Fit Studio
39. Wily Castle
40. Windy Hill
41. Wrecking Crew
42. Wuhu Island
44. Yoshi's Woolly World

Anything I'm missing? Pretty fucking amazing stage selection so far for me, despite a few returning duds (75m, Skyworld, Mario Circuit) and a few missing favorites (Pirate Ship, Frigate Orpheon, any other 64 stage besides Kongo Jungle).
Awesome! Thanks for the list. When's the GameXplain discussion??

Better than the alternative of nothin' at all ;)

I'd try to clean some of them up if I had the ability to do so. :/
Most of them are solid. I definitely appreciate them either way. :)

Ryce

Pirate Ship is the only missing stage that really bums me out. Between Toon Link's presence and Wind Waker HD, it's the perfect stage to bring back.

Gleethor

1. 75m (Brawl)
2. Battlefield
3. Big Battlefield
4. Boxing Ring
6. Castle Siege (Brawl)
7. Coliseum
8. Delfino Plaza (Brawl)
9. Final Destination
10. Gamer
11. Garden of Hope
12. Gaur Plain
13. Great Cave Offensive
14. Halberd (Brawl)
15. Jungle Hijinxs
16. Kalos Pokémon League
17. Kongo Jungle (64)
19. Lylat Cruise (Brawl)
20. Mario Circuit [MK 8]
22. Mario Galaxy
23. Miiverse
24. Mushroom Kingdom U
25. Norfair (Brawl)
26. Onett (Melee)
27. Orbital Gate Assault
28. Pac-Land
29. Palutena's Temple
30. Pilotwings
32. Pyrosphere
33. Smashville (Brawl)
34. Skyloft
35. Skyworld (Brawl)
36. Temple (Melee)
37. Town and City
38. Wii Fit Studio
39. Wily Castle
40. Windy Hill
41. Wrecking Crew
42. Wuhu Island
44. Yoshi's Woolly World

I saw Flying Man's sprite on the Smash Tour board, I think that's another clue that Magicant will be in both.

Awesome! Thanks for the list. When's the GameXplain discussion??

Most of them are solid. I definitely appreciate them either way. :)

First one's already uploading, it'll be out very soon! And there will be many more to come, of course. :)

I saw Flying Man's sprite on the Smash Tour board, I think that's another clue that Magicant will be in both.

Oh shit, really? I missed that! YESYESYESYESYESYES Magicant HD please!

Drago

How great is that DKCR stage?*

*rhetorical, do not reply "not that great" because you will be wrong

I wish it was anything but another jungle-themed stage, but the idea behind it and how it's executed is fucking amazing so I'm not really too angry about it.

Revven

I think the stage selection is pretty fantastic overall, but yeah, it's definitely not perfect.

I don't really care about Fountain of Dreams or Dream Land 64 returning, but yeah, Poké Floats would be nice. Mute City will be irrelevant, though, if we're getting Mute City SNES from the 3DS version (which I believe we are).

And yeah, having two Mario Circuits is kinda lame. There are so many more interesting tracks in Mario Kart 8 to pull from... almost any other track would have been better, even Mario Kart Stadium. Why not Mount Wario?! Gah...

We'll definitely get at least one returning Pokémon stage, but it'll be Pokémon Stadium or Pokémon Stadium 2, not Poké Floats.

The stages I mentioned were just some choice examples of stages that are generally popular among the community but weren't in Brawl.

I hope of the two Pokemon Stadiums they choose 1 over 2, 2 had too many gimmicks that get in the way of the actual fighting. Though, 1 does have the terrible collisions and terrain (hey maybe they could consider fixing those if they're updating some of the stages like Hyrule Temple and Norfair).

I forgot about the SNES Mute City... dunno why lol. I'd still prefer Melee's Mute City, though over Port Town. (BUT I'd understand it would create the same issue I have with Mario Circuit where it's literally a stage with the same name and general aesthetics going for it). I just can't comprehend the choice to have two Mario Circuits and it didn't cross their minds to pick a different track from MK8 to base a stage on... I mean come on... :/

The best I can hope for with respect to Port Town is that they fix the major issues I have with it: the cars KOing way too early and the giant ass wall you can easily get hit into and get tripped from. If they fix those issues, I'd have no issue playing on regular Port Town. Otherwise, SNES Mute City is a better stage than Port Town by far.

Kinsei

Banned
Right now I'm more disappointed by the lack of no new Metroid Prime stage. :\

Prime is dead. It seems like Other M is the future of Metroid.

『Inaba Resident』;135662032 said:
So can I play with a friend online in team battle against randoms or is that local only?

You can't do that in the 3DS version, but it's always possible that it could have been added to the Wii U version.

Revven

『Inaba Resident』;135662032 said:
So can I play with a friend online in team battle against randoms or is that local only?

Local only. Though, with communities I'd bet it'd be possible to do it against GAFfers. Just would have to be set on the proper teams and such.

I'm pretty sure Chorus Men will be playable after this news of DLC.
Want to bet on it?
Overall, though, the stage roster is insanely disappointing. The gimmicks and bosses associated with same stages just turn me away completely, even in casual play - Wiley's Castle, new DK stage, Pyrosphere, Great Cave Offensive, Gaur Plain, etc.

Also, we have two Battliefileds. Two Mario Circuit stages. We have Town and City and Smashville. 75m and Bridge of Eldin both return. It's just a terrible stage roster.
Why the hate?

I love the stage roster so far, gimmicks and all. Pac Land is the only disappointment so far.
No Luigi's Mansion 2 stage in the 3DS felt off...

I'm pretty sure there was evidence there was one too, since iirc in the data the Boo Trophy was with the Stage Trophies. Also, the Polterpup mentions them as plural, and talks about a "larger one", which I don't recall in Mansion 2 and sounded like a cut stage hazard.
Polterpup multiplayer mode. There were several Polterpups and some big ones too.
We still need another stage though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom