• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U POTD Thread 17: Smash 3DS Discussion @ OT PLS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't worry, I know.

Most of the Wolf haters back then were easy to laugh at because of their poor arguments. Can't say the same for Pittoo (Pittoo actually sounds like a better name than Dark Pit).

Out of all the cut veterans, Mewtwo included, Wolf's exclusion probably hurts me the most. His voice, his attacks, how feral he acted, and that Wolf Flash.

I'll miss his smash attacks the most. It might have been easy to spam them, but they were so fun to use...

Down Smash was awesome, but I think I liked Project M's Up Smash more than his regular Up Smash.

His f-tilt is brutal, the amount of freeze frames, it almost feels like he actually slashes them.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Time for a lesson on Bowser and the children associated with him!
What is this bullshit. We've been calling them koopa kids for DECADES because they are koopas and they are kids. Whether or not they were Koopa's (Bowser's) kids, they were often thought nephews and niece at least. Now you're trying to tell me that name was stolen away by some bizarro world bullshit characters made up by Hudson for a shitty side series? Fuck no. I'm going to call them koopa kids 4 lyfe.

jZ2BJmt.gif

Golnei

Down Smash was awesome, but I think I liked Project M's Up Smash more than his regular Up Smash.

His f-tilt is brutal, the amount of freeze frames, it almost feels like he actually slashes them.

I only really started to use Wolf in PM, so that's the only version I'm properly familiar with. And I definitely agree on the feel of the slashes - the feeling of weight behind the tilts and smashes makes them so satisfying to use.

What is this bullshit. We've been calling them koopa kids for DECADES because they are koopas and they are kids. Whether or not they were Koopa's (Bowser's) kids, they were often thought nephews and niece at least. Now you're trying to tell me that name was stolen away by some bizarro world bullshit characters made up by Hudson for a shitty side series? Fuck no. I'm going to call them koopa kids 4 lyfe.

jZ2BJmt.gif
8D9bC.gif

I'm just kidding, I call them koopa kids too

J@hranimo

Banned
My goodness. The roster has been released and we are still going nuts about unannounced characters? Yikes it will never end.

Not until this time next year.

Man, Smash 3DS Demo and Destiny have really consumed me o_O I haven't really active, but then again there isn't much about Smash Wii U to talk about...yet.

PotD is up
zlCfzSdK4fELbLcjHV

Pic of the day. Well, I'd better post some pictures from the Wii U version once in a while, right? We've brought back the Castle Siege stage from Fire Emblem!
zlCfzSdK4lwvLIPwt0

Most of the games in the Fire Emblem series have a different unique setting and have fields without much height, so it was hard to narrow down what venues to focus on. Castle Siege and Colosseum are two stages that aren't exclusive to specific games in the franchise.

munchie64

"Well, I'd better post some pictures from the Wii U version once in a while, right?"

LOL dammit Sakurai

Also I like the stage, glad it's back. Also two Fire Emblem stages on the Wii U may mean good things for its stage selection.

Second Fire Emblem stage?

Hopefully this means good things for the franchise representation on Wii U.

Also seeing those sweet HD models for the characters reminds me of how ugly the 3DS version looks after almost exclusively seeing it for weeks :p

Golnei

The exterior shot looks much better than that part of the stage did in Brawl for some reason. The lighting and geometry seem nearly identical, so I wonder why that's the case...maybe it just fits with the higher quality character models?

And it's nice to have another reminder that female Robin should have been the default.

Jawmuncher

The exterior shot looks much better than that part of the stage did in Brawl for some reason. The lighting and geometry seem nearly identical, so I wonder why that's the case...maybe it just fits with the higher quality character models?

And it's nice to have another reminder that female Robin should have been the default.

She really should have been. Especially with how boring make Robin looks like.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom